Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm... well, she just broke the ice, right? does that necessarily mean it's weak to her, or that she's just not resisted by it?

(sorry if it was said in the show - can't comprehend japanese)

I'm pretty sure smash stated that sylveon was neither:

1 a type that was already found in the "eevee family" so not fire, electric, water, grass, ice, psychyc, dark or normal

2 fighting or steel

it wasn't stated that sylveon took or gave super effective damage to any type (which is not to say it didn't but it wasn't mentioned openly), so we can't be certain that is a new type

that said with all the mystery that GF is cultivating about sylveon's type it seem vey like that it is a new type

i hope that the lizard is going to learn toxic spikes and stealth rocks so that we have entry hazerder with volt switch and that new recovery move

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Can anyone kindly give me a link for the original Smash episode?

What I keep getting is reviews of the episode from fans, and fans' opinions...

What a nice edition of CoroCoro. It's been such a dry spell news wise, so its nice to get something to chew on.

I really like the designs of all 4 of the new Pokemon. Panda is definitely going on my in-game team.

I wonder how the Gogoat mechanic will work? I don't imagine they would replace the bike... Unless there are more ride-able Pokemon as well. I assume it's probably reserved for a specific area or event.

wow the thread keeps gettin stuck on that type that nobody knows, but honestly it's hard not to speculate cuz we all just wanna know so bad...

...anyways...

am i the only one who actually likes all of the new designs so far?

the bird is a breath of fresh air. Yeah it's small and consists of basic shapes but the coloring really does it for me. i also love the details like the the little yellow shape behind the eye and the white on the tail.

the goat looks like it could be a final evo as itself as someone else already stated. Lots of details to it, it just doesnt feel like they could do much more to it. But if they did it could really be a hit or miss.

The little yellow electric guy is cute, ya know. Obviously has 1 or 2 more stages but what more could you ask for from a first stage. No hate from me really i like the derpy look he has on his face lol i could really see him being used in the anime.

and last but not least the panda. He is by far my favorite, by the look upon his face he gives off a cool bad-ass attitude kinda like the vibe you get from treecko. thats swag.

Hey, I like all of them too. Yayakoma sorta looks generic but red is a nice touch (also Flame Charge), Elekiteru looks like either this gen's Pikaclone or Shinx/Blitzle, Gogoat is cool (plus we have a goat now, which means we're closer to completing the Western Zodiac with Pokemon :P), and Yamcham looks badass.

Ugh, this is one of those phases when nobody's expanding on each others' posts (or even noticing them), and new people just keep coming in and saying the same things over and over.

Ugh, this is one of those phases when nobody's expanding on each others' posts, and new people just keep coming in and saying the same things over and over.
why would you even post in here to say this. Isnt this just a waste of a post. Plus why would anyone expand on any of the recent posts when the mods are constantly telling us to not post rumors and speculation and only comment on whats confirmed. The last 2 pages have been nothing but "can anyone translate this japanese blah blah" when it has been translated like 20 times and people have even posted direct links to the translations. Also how are we supposed to expand on "I wonder what the new eevolution's type will be"..WE DONT FCKIN KNOW.

sorry to get off topic, but the thread is here for people (NEW or old) to come in here and post what they think about the new information

The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn’t resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!
So if this is correct... what is strong against ice and weak against poison? The answer? Right now, NOTHING.
Either this is misinterpreted, the type chart will change, or we have a new type. Or the chart changed AND new type... ugh... this doesn't give much to talk about...

There's really nothing more to say about this particular release that wouldn't be spewing more useless conjecture. Hopefully this weekends Pokemon Smash doesn't just recap what the magazine revealed.

Hey, I like all of them too. Yayakoma sorta looks generic but red is a nice touch (also Flame Charge), Elekiteru looks like either this gen's Pikaclone or Shinx/Blitzle, Gogoat is cool (plus we have a goat now, which means we're closer to completing the Western Zodiac with Pokemon :P), and Yamcham looks badass.
Hopefully this, instead of this Gen's Stunfisk :<

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
and last but not least the panda. He is by far my favorite, by the look upon his face he gives off a cool bad-ass attitude kinda like the vibe you get from treecko. thats swag.
The Panda is pretty badass imo. He also looks a lot like Kung-foo Panda which is also badass.
The little yellow electric guy is cute, ya know. Obviously has 1 or 2 more stages but what more could you ask for from a first stage. No hate from me really i like the derpy look he has on his face lol i could really see him being used in the anime.
He reminds me of the Elektross family for some reason. Since he's Electric/Normal I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up early game.

Also have any of you looked at the trainer designs? They're pretty cool and a lot better than what we got last year with Palmtree man.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So if this is correct... what is strong against ice and weak against poison? The answer? Right now, NOTHING.
Either this is misinterpreted, the type chart will change, or we have a new type. Or the chart changed AND new type... ugh... this doesn't give much to talk about...
So we aren't necessarily speculating a new type-- we pretty much know that it's a new type.

The only thing about speculation is the name of this type.

Game freak is doing a great job of making us run in circles and guess things this gen. We'd do it anyway, but they are really provoking it well with how the purposely give half the info on something and then go silent.

And yeah, I suspect the lizard is something akin to Shinx... hopefully it also has an awesome final evolution like Shinx too.
Weak to fighting and ground. Immune to ghost, resistant to steel and electric. Doesn't sound too bad. Electric/normal stab combo sounds nice.

but as someone said earlier, it doesn't make sense that they would do this and have changed the typing chart. that's like having an equation that looks like this:

x + 15 = y + z

it's useless. one too many unknowns are present, so no cohesive data can be achieved.

I noticed that there's a mild concern about not seeing this gen's early route rodent OR the Pkaclone, so I looked into past leaks to see when both of those were revealed in relation to the supposed early bird (lol, I like jokes about robins)

Bidoof, Pachirisu ans Starly were all revealed at different times, though they did leak relatively close to each other, one month after another. Meanwhile, between Patrat, Emolga and Pidove, Pidove was revealed in June, Patrat was revealed in July and Emolga was revealed in August, again one month after another. To start speculating that Elekitel is the new rodent/Pikaclone, or that we won't have a new early rodent because we didn't see it this month is borderline baseless. Following the last two generations, we would be likely to see either our new Rattata or Pikaclone next month, and then the last one out of the three in August, so don't lose hope yet!
Also, I'm on board for wishing to see Elekitel in one of the first few routes as the early Electric type/early Pokemon that isn't Normal, Flying or Bug

why would you even post in here to say this. Isnt this just a waste of a post. Plus why would anyone expand on any of the recent posts when the mods are constantly telling us to not post rumors and speculation and only comment on whats confirmed. The last 2 pages have been nothing but "can anyone translate this japanese blah blah" when it has been translated like 20 times and people have even posted direct links to the translations. Also how are we supposed to expand on "I wonder what the new eevolution's type will be"..WE DONT FCKIN KNOW.

sorry to get off topic, but the thread is here for people (NEW or old) to come in here and post what they think about the new information
It's just irritating when (for example) I specifically remind people that Masuda will be revealing something big on pokemon smash next week, and then that's followed by 20 posts saying essentially nothing more than "I like the new pokemon" and "I hope something happens in the next pokemon smash". New people can always join the conversation, but you should read what's recently been said first.

Oh, and the pokemon smash segment about sylveon still has yet to be translated. People have merely speculated about what was going on rather than giving us what was specifically said on the show.

And the mods just don't want us saying "Hey, I hope there's a garbage can pokemon!"

yay my favourite couple is here together <3

but honestly there isn't much left to discuss, until some new leak occurs or smash is up or anything of that ilk. we got four pages, sure, and that was definitely better than nothing, but still only four pages, really. can't expect to make a hundred pages based on just that.

It's just irritating when (for example) I specifically remind people that Masuda will be revealing something big on pokemon smash next week, and then that's followed by 20 posts saying essentially nothing more than "I like the new pokemon" and "I hope something happens in the next pokemon smash". New people can always join the conversation, but you should read what's recently been said first.

Oh, and the pokemon smash segment about sylveon still has yet to be translated. People have merely speculated about what was going on rather than giving us what was specifically said on the show.

And the mods just don't want us saying "Hey, I hope there's a garbage can pokemon!"
Hello darling~-smiles cheesily to Narutendo in front of Shiruba-

Why are you expecting someone out of the blue to post translations here specifically just because you want them? Didn't somebody provide a link elsewhere to where there is a translation? If you want it for documentation purposes, that's all well and good, but stop sitting there complaining about how everyone hasn't finished queening out over new information. Everyone's opinion is special, even though they may be similarily worded, that shouldn't be seen as an issue. The least you could do is go out into the web and see if anyone anywhere else has posted translations, if reading it is what it'll take to satisfy you.

EDIT- here, the bulbagardeners tried their hardest.
From their Facebook page:
Is a new type confirmed? Well...maybe. During the Eevee-Akiyama friends segment of Pokémon Smash earlier today, it was heavily implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice types, and weak against Poison types. If this is true, and not just the Pokémon Smash team horsing around, then this is an outright confirmation that Sylveon is a brand new type.

For those who haven't seen the segment, it had the team (cosplaying as Eeveelutions) trying to figure out Sylveon's type. First, Shoko (playing Sylveon) pulled out some Nunchucks....but then got shoved inside a drum by a big burly guy, implying Sylveon is not a Fighting type, and in fact is probably weak to them. Next, she broke a block of ice. Akiyama and the others suggested that she may be a Steel type as a result of these two results, and decided to test the idea. The method they came up with? Seeing if she resisted Poison by having her put her head in a box and expose her to some really bad smelling items. That...didn't work out so well for Shoko. Not clear if that was meant to imply Poison was super effective, or that it was just effective, but at least it was clear that Sylveon lacked the Poisin immunity of Steel.
(Yes, crazy stuff like this is typical of Smash)

One more thing to consider. If this is true, it contradicts the "Fairy-type" rumours which have been going around recently. While those did suggest a Poison weakness, they said nothing about Ice at all, and suggested that Sylveon was actually strong against Fighting.

So...new type looking incredibly likely. Your thoughts?

breh

強いだね
Hopefully this, instead of this Gen's Stunfisk :<
Well, it's not as if Stunfisk was really bad, was it now? It's a genuinely neat mon with good trolling potential. It wishes it had better moves (hey guys let's not give ice beam to this mon that would genuinely enjoy ice beam) but it's far from terrible. I'd be happier seeing it as a blitzle clone than a pikaclone, in any case (although I'd rather we have no pikaclone at all).

d00d specail ataking hurrdur typez

No one has mentioned that the eeveelutions are all what people think as "special" types, the types that usually use special moves. There aren't any psychical eeveelutions. Rock is definitely psychical, so I doubt they would break the pattern now. However when you think about a fairy type, it would obviously be a special attacker. Slyveon's typing is not blatantly correlated to one of the existing types like the other eeveelutions are, I mean look at flareon or leafeon. But fairy would definitely match up with Slyveon. Plus Slyveon's typing is getting waaay too much hype. Anyways, clefable and blissey and our other pink blobs are already crying over the fact that they are grouped with ratatata and bidoof.

I would definitely believe a fairy type or something similar is being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)