Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Gogoat is shiny, notice the colors.

This is just a fan-art but it highlights the differences

That Gogoat isn't shiny. It's being traded and that's part of the animation. The colors look slightly different because one picture is a screenshot, and the other is a still of the live video shown at the E3 roundtable.

well the hp bar tends to go down more quickly with pokes with lower hp
as opposed to something like blissey
besides, watching it drain out is one of the most suspenseful parts of a battle :c

Almost every single move showcase has the pokemon using the move go first
you can gleam nothing, speed wise, from it
True. Especially since in Gameplay Trailer 2 a Fennekin outspeeds a Zoroark so ...

Where did you get that from? That Hydreigon facing a Gardevoir had 156 HP, 0 IV Hydreigon has 152. Sylveon might as well have 10 IV and 162 HP EVs, for all we know.
That Hydreigon has 152. It's also just generally true in most demos they show.
I don't know where you got those damage calcs from either. Did you forget Sylveon has STAB ?__? 0/0 Salamence could be OHKOed by a 120 BP Moonblast coming off of 65 Base stat, so the only thing we know is that the stat Moonblast comes off of is higher than 60. It is *probably* 95-130, as it wouldn't make sense to use a move that's not even from its highest stat.
I don't know where you're calculating, but when I punch in a generic level 50 0 IV/EV/neutral nature 65 SpA Dragon-type using Draco Meteor (Sylveon in here) on a 0 IV/EV/neutral nature level 50 Salamence, it does 59.35 - 70.96%.

And if it does OHKO Haxorus ... well that tells us nothing since Haxorus' defences are paper-thin compared to Salamence.

http://www.twitch.tv/rishig2k/b/417479452
Skip to around 36:30. It shows Salamence and Haxorus being OHKO'd by Moonblast from full health.
Ahhh, thanks for this! That's a lot more promising then; if we assume that Fairy is neutral versus Flying types (so Moonblast is x2 effective against Salamence), then Moonblast would have to be decently powered (and Sylveon decently powerful) in order to OHKO mence. I think it's actually a relatively safe bet that Moonblast will be reasonably strong (like, no lower than 80 base, maybe as much as 120) just from it's name alone; all of the current 'blast' attacks are pretty damn strong: Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Aeroblast, Blast Burn. I suppose there is Rock Blast, but even then, if it hits 5 times (i.e. Cloyster), you've got an impressive 125 Base power attack.

Also, they said specifically at the roundtable that the Fairy type was introduced to balance out dragons. I mean, you can't exactly balance out dragons if you don't either A) have powerful moves to kill them with, B) Wall there attacks or C) both. I mean, otherwise the whole 'lets introduce Fairies to balance out Dragons' thing becomes a bit retarded if the Fairy type can do none of the above.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That Hydreigon has 152. It's also just generally true in most demos they show.
Derp, you're right. It had 152 HP and went down to 56 after Fairy Wind, that was my mistake.

I don't know where you're calculating, but when I punch in a generic level 50 0 IV/EV/neutral nature 65 SpA Dragon-type using Draco Meteor (Sylveon in here) on a 0 IV/EV/neutral nature level 50 Salamence, it does 59.35 - 70.96%.
...Frankly, I don't know either. I can't seem to get the same results again. So I guess I'll have to agree with you on that (not that I wasn't already, but)

Also, just to expand on Aerophoenix's post/ this whole Moonblast thing.

If you take a 0 EV/ 31 IV Salamence as your target;
Then you have a Dragon-type placeholder acting as Sylveon with 0 EVs/ 31 IV;

You can roughly get an idea of how powerful the attack is. I used Draco Meteor as Sylveon's attack, but reduced it's power to 120 (as we don't yet have any common moves with a higher base power than this without a negative drawback (which Moonblast doesn't appear to have)). From this, we can see that:

130 Base Special Attack Sylveon using 120 Base power Special Fairy STAB against 0/0 neutral Salamence: 105.74 - 125.07%

As you can see, it only just guarantees the KO. If you reduce Sylveon's special attack to base 110, then you only have a 50% chance to KO; it does 92.44 - 108.76%. So, given that we know Salamence is OHKO'd by Sylveon's Moonblast, then (I think) Sylveon has to have at least 110 Special Attack, and if so, then Moonblast would have to be at least 120 Base power. If Sylveon has 130 Special attack, then Moonblast could be a bit weaker, but then it wouldn't ensure the KO.

(By the way; I'm making the assumption here that Sylveon will have the same stat numbers as the other eeveelutions. I also used this damage calc: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ )

Apologies if stuff is wrong here. Maths isn't my strong point ;)

EDIT: Whoops, that Sylveon was with a - SA nature. My bad; the calcs are actually:

Sylveon @130SA: 117.82 - 139.57%
Sylveon @110SA: 102.11 - 120.24%
Sylveon @95SA: 90.63 - 106.94%

All using Moonblast as 120 Base power
Sylveon - 0 SA, 31 IVs
Salamence - 0/0 31 IVs

But isn't Hydreigon Dark/Dragon? That would imply that Fairy is neutral on Dark. Similarly, since Salamence is Dragon/Flying, Fairy has to be at least neutral on Flying; the damage calculations assume it is neutral.

But isn't Hydreigon Dark/Dragon? That would imply that Fairy is neutral on Dark. Similarly, since Salamence is Dragon/Flying, Fairy has to be at least neutral on Flying; the damage calculations assume it is neutral.
Moonblast wasn't used on hydreigon though. Fairy wind was.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Moonblast may be sylveon's "power move" (thunder, hydro pump, blizzard) that all eveelutions learn. It would then most likely learn it at level 71 or 64, or by the BW2 levels, 37 or 45. It probably won't be unique to sylveon at all, but may be a fairy-type version of 120 BP, lowered accuracy moves.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Just a fun fact about Fairy-type, assuming the rumors are true:

Both are hit for Super Effective damage with Fairy.
Eelectross is hit by Mold Breaker/Teravolt/Turboblaze Earthquake & Earth Power.

So no Pokemon in the game currently has no weakness. It was a cool gimmick while it lasted.

I know most of is HATE talking about evolutions... but.... Does anyone else think there should be a Granbull evolution? I think it is a stupid idea, and the evo would have massive attack, also be Normal/Fairy...

At least it would be faster.

@MeganiUltimate: Granbull itself may become Normal/Fairy or just Fairy type. That alone would help, especially if there was a good Physical Fairy move.

On that topic, can anyone think up of a good Fairy-type physical move?

@MeganiUltimate: Granbull itself may become Normal/Fairy or just Fairy type. That alone would help, especially if there was a good Physical Fairy move.

They can still make a generic kind of move like fairy charge, fairy touch or something.

breh

強いだね
Also, they said specifically at the roundtable that the Fairy type was introduced to balance out dragons. I mean, you can't exactly balance out dragons if you don't either A) have powerful moves to kill them with, B) Wall there attacks or C) both. I mean, otherwise the whole 'lets introduce Fairies to balance out Dragons' thing becomes a bit retarded if the Fairy type can do none of the above.
The strongest steel- and dark-type moves commonly available to pokemon are all 80 bp. GF is notoriously bad about making certain types have good STAB, especially for moves not of that type's original status before the physical special split. A resist is more important than a SE, in any case.

Still, I'm fairly confident that moonblast is indeed 120 BP (Fairy Wind is likely 60 given that the other wind moves hover around that value bar heat wave (hot wind in japan)); hopefully physical fairy has something neat, though.

If sylveon did indeed have 0 iv HP in that one trailer we saw before, then its stat spread is more or less known bar whether or not its SpA is 110 or 130 and where the other option goes.

<pic>

Sorry, it looks way too yellow for me to be the original, I don't think being a live video would affect the coloration that much. Helioptile looks the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u7YYjDvbj4
I think that's just odd lighting that's throwing you off...

Oh, also, GameFreak and the non-game related medai of Pokemon still seems to be having a love affair with Dunsparce. Dunsparce is gonna be in an upcoming episode (the one where Ash and Iris fight):
[youtube]qQPFsJXhtlY[/youtube]

And Sableye and Dunsparce were featured in some Pokemon Amie stuff on Smash (I still love that pun).

Oh, also, GameFreak and the non-game related medai of Pokemon still seems to be having a love affair with Dunsparce. Dunsparce is gonna be in an upcoming episode (the one where Ash and Iris fight):
[youtube]qQPFsJXhtlY[/youtube]

And Sableye and Dunsparce were featured in some Pokemon Amie stuff on Smash (I still love that pun).
Based on that I really hope that this is hinting towards a possible Dunsparce evolution. It's about time that the poor thing gets the evolution it deserves.

Fairy Tail, Fairy version of Aqua Tail...

(I can't be the only one who thought that. Especially with Marill being Fairy Type...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)