Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day, I'll have to try, just for the lulz, to have Crawdaunt fight alongside Yveltal in a double battle. Dark Aura + Adaptability + BlackGlasses (the Plates are too boring) is going to make for one heck of a Crunch. Perhaps Payback would be more powerful, but that would require Crawdaunt to be hit by an attack first, which it isn't particularly likely to survive.
Choice Band would be better. Or even better than that: Sword Dance + Life Orb :eek:

Choice Band would be better. Or even better than that: Sword Dance + Life Orb :eek:
Doesn't need LO +2 STAB Dark Aura does a lot. If Yveltal could get Tailwind that is fricking set to sweep. Yveltal doesn't look like it'll get Tailwind though judging by its appearance.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My bad then. Even so, it will just be a tad stronger Adaptability (Albeit for all Pokemon on field).
I know what you mean, like how Victory Star works with Victini, if its in the party all 'mons accuracy raises 10%
So if for example Yveltal is in the party then all your 'mons get a boost to their dark attacks

Anyway on a new topic I was thinking about yesterday

The games were shown to have the option to choose languages, instead of each country getting their own translated versions. Would this mean that all copies of the games would be the same worldwide and not have a region lock?

The reason I ask is for the Masuda method. How will the games know that a Pokemon you get in a trade is from another country? Could I just set my language to French on the game and trade my friend a 'French' ditto? Will they maybe not include the Masuda method this gen?

EDIT: it could just be like the GTS where you select on the globe where you live. Still interesting though. I've been able to get a few shinies this way, would suck to not have it

Last edited:
One day, I'll have to try, just for the lulz, to have Crawdaunt fight alongside Yveltal in a double battle. Dark Aura + Adaptability + BlackGlasses (the Plates are too boring) is going to make for one heck of a Crunch. Perhaps Payback would be more powerful, but that would require Crawdaunt to be hit by an attack first, which it isn't particularly likely to survive.
Shot put an Iron Ball through a guy?

252+ Atk Adaptability Crawdaunt Fling vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 560-660 (111.33 - 131.21%) -- guaranteed OHKO (50% boost to Fling factored in via modifying the BP)

Yeah, could be neat.

I know what you mean, like how Victory Star works with Victini, if its in the party all 'mons accuracy raises 10%
So if for example Yveltal is in the party then all your 'mons get a boost to their dark attacks

The games were shown to have the option to choose languages, instead of each country getting their own translated versions. Would this mean that all copies of the games would be the same worldwide and not have a region lock?

The reason I ask is for the Masuda method. How will the games know that a Pokemon you get in a trade is from another country? Could I just set my language to French on the game and trade my friend a 'French' ditto? Will they maybe not include the Masuda method this gen?
Where was this shown?

Region lock is by system, i believe, so it'd presumably still be able to tell if a game is a foreign game

I do not think Victory Star works when Victini switches out. The only abilities that does are the weather-based ones.
That said, I believe the auras are fairy/dark versions of Adaptability, providing more or less boost.

Anyway, from the design of the cover legendaries, I think Yveltal will be an speedy offensive Pokemon and Xerneas will be a defensive mon (it got that Suicune thing going for it).

PKMN Hunter 18

Remember! Drive Smoothly!
I read just before that we did not know what the abilities Fairy Aura and Dark Aura do.

According to the official site, Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type attacks for all pokemon in play (including your opponent's). The same goes for Dark Aura, except it powers up Dark-type attacks for all pokemon in play.

We just don't know by how much these abilities power these type of attacks up. Similar to STAB perhaps? We'll just have to wait and see.

Sure, if one thinks about it, Adaptability + Dark Aura (Assume 50% boost) + Dark Gem Crunch, with a BP of 360, is going to punch a hole in even defensive mons. Sadly, only Crawdaunt will be able to pull this off. I hope at least some Fairy mons get to work with Fairy Aura.

I read just before that we did not know what the abilities Fairy Aura and Dark Aura do.

According to the official site, Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type attacks for all pokemon in play (including your opponent's). The same goes for Dark Aura, except it powers up Dark-type attacks for all pokemon in play.

We just don't know by how much these abilities power these type of attacks up. Similar to STAB perhaps? We'll just have to wait and see.
...Yes, that's exactly what we were bantering about.
Between Fairy Aura, Dark Aura, and Sweet Veil, all of the new abilities released so far are geared toward multi-battles. Does anybody think this hints towards having a more fleshed out metagame for double and triple battles? Can we expect to see a slew of new abilities that benefit multiple active Pokémon, and by extension of that, more attacks than before that hit multiple opponents?

Sure, if one thinks about it, Adaptability + Dark Aura (Assume 50% boost) + Dark Gem Crunch, with a BP of 360, is going to punch a hole in even defensive mons. Sadly, only Crawdaunt will be able to pull this off. I hope at least some Fairy mons get to work with Fairy Aura.
If Draining Kiss has a decent base power, and if there's a Fairy Gem/Plate, then Fairy Aura might be quite helpful as well.

Is anyone wishing that Entry Hazards and Auto perma Weather get reduced to a fixed number of turns?
I am. I want SR to last only 5 turns like the screens. Also the spikes can last 5 turns each layer. It makes sense flavor-wise, since how can hazard last an infinite amount of stepping on without being wore out.

But I don't agree with changing the weather abilities since a lot of teams are base on them.

What makes me wonder is that if Newtwo is "less" defensive than Mewtwo. Would it get less than 90 base defenses (Which are Mewtwo's defense stats). I don't see this as likely. Correct if I'm wrong, but aren't insane BST Ubers never have a base stat under 90?

Also, it could just be... faster. However, would this mean more SpA or less? It's also possible Newtwo has less HP. Hmm.
I personally think that they will significantly reduce the SpA to 130, HP to 90, and raise attack to 120 and speed to 160.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Gen V brings ... ? Gen 2 brings IV not RSE ...
Gen 2 introduced ITEMS (pretty big if you come to think about it), special split and Dark/Steel, not IVs, back there it had DVs ranging from 0 to 15.
But yea Gen 5 introduced freaking nothing mechanic-wise, I suppose they will bring something big for XY to kinda compensate this?_?

Gen 2 introduced ITEMS (pretty big if you come to think about it), special split and Dark/Steel, not IVs, back there it had DVs ranging from 0 to 15.
But yea Gen 5 introduced freaking nothing mechanic-wise, I suppose they will bring something big for XY to kinda compensate this?_?
Well, first of all, they kinda did introduce something new in the way of mechanics- specifically, Triple and Rotation battles. I'd say two new battle styles qualify. Not to mention, now in Double and Triples, if more than one of your Pokémon get KO'd at once, you get to choose which replacement goes in which spot. Kinda minor, though not so much in Triples. And two, X and Y already are bringing in something big. I'd say an entire new type qualifies, wouldn't you?

Well, first of all, they kinda did introduce something new in the way of mechanics- specifically, Triple and Rotation battles. I'd say two new battle styles qualify. Not to mention, now in Double and Triples, if more than one of your Pokémon get KO'd at once, you get to choose which replacement goes in which spot. Kinda minor, though not so much in Triples. And two, X and Y already are bringing in something big. I'd say an entire new type qualifies, wouldn't you?
Battle mechanics usually refer to changes in calculation, applicable to any form battle, like explosion no longer using half the defense as an example, whether, triple, double, or rotation. So, a new battling style is not a change in battle mechanics. Yes, fairy type is a new mechanic, and a significant one at that. I was hoping for even more, as an example maybe a total of 765 evs, instead of 510 evs. That type of change is an example of what I'm hoping for, but highly doubt would happen, as it conflicts with cross compatibility, but then again so does fairy type.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Maybe we get hoard battles for multi-player battles or VS battles?
Sounds chaotic, but I think if they want to pull that out, they'll have a way to fix that.
I hope they can hit further than adjacent opponent, otherwise it would be stressing the usage of Acrobatics, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse and other pulses.

Perhaps changes to Triples and Doubles too.

Maybe we get hoard battles for multi-player battles or VS battles?
Sounds chaotic, but I think if they want to pull that out, they'll have a way to fix that.
I hope they can hit further than adjacent opponent, otherwise it would be stressing the usage of Acrobatics, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse and other pulses.

Perhaps changes to Triples and Doubles too.
Every time they've talked about Hoard battles, it's been in relation to in-game

I doubt it will be in vs mode at all, if only because there's likely some level/power balance going on so you're not completely screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)