Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Jaw(new ability) increases the power of biting moves.
Freeze Skin turns normal type moves that hit it into ice type moves and raises there power.
The Rock/Dragon has Hard Jaw and the Rock/Ice has Freeze Skin.
And theres some news about the Anime:
In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. Like the above, this isn't 100% confirmed but comes from the same person as the cover, so don't count it as 100% confirmed yet
Female Nyaonikusu knows Extrasensory. Male knows Miracle Eye

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh my, Mega Garchomp looks silly. "Moar spikes!!11". Let's hope it will be good, at least. Sand Force is a decent ability for an Earthquake user.

The new Mega Mewtwo (goodbye, Mew theory!) also looks so-so. Hand-feet? Horns? At least its tail is back where it belongs.

Y'know. Garchomp comes in, acquires sand, MegaEvo's and gains the boost to Earthquake and whatnot with Sand Force in a single turn, no?

Hard Jaw increases the power of Biting moves. Freeze Skin turns Normal type moves into ice-type moves

Freeze Skin could be the buff Ice Types NEED. Seriously, there's a lot of good normal moves out there & that ability can be a major boost to ice types depending on who gets the ability.

Hyper Beam + Freeze Skin Ability + Hail=Deadly.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wait a second... is Freeze Skin an offensive or a defensive ability? Does it change your Normal moves into Ice moves, or the opponent's (meaning you will take Ice damage from a Normal move)?

I'm okay with the new Mewtwo, its first MEvo is already as weird, but is ok...
Garchomp is meh, unnecessary additional spikes are meh.
The little T-Rex though, definitely wants one.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
At least Jirachi gained a new use for Meteor Mash. Imagine how all the Hydriegon of the world are feeling with it's new 4x weakness.
Now hold up, if Hydreigon is supposedly 4x Fairy weak...

...then is Fairy Wind that weak? Less than 2/3rds of a Hydreigon's health. In prespective, Jynx's Icy Winds would easily OHKO a non-Multiscale Dragonite with no defensive investment, and that Hydreigon with close to minimum HP tanks that (presumably 60 BP because of 'Wind', like Silver/Ominous Wind) 4x attack that well?

Man Honedge is sounding better and better by the minute, his Shadow Sneak and SD is really making him sound like a stellar spin blocker/LGS. Fairy's resisting Bugs is really a buzkiller, also the rumor about Ice not being SE against fairy sucks too. Both types needed more breaks...oh well.

I hope Fennekin's Evo doesn't stand on two legs =( That'd be so disappointing! On the other hand tough, some kind of Ninetales rip-off would've been disappointing, as well. Let's just hope it doesn't gain this typing later on... otherwise I have to go with one of the other starters - which shouldn't be that big of deal, since we get some Fire-types this time around.

Now hold up, if Hydreigon is supposedly 4x Fairy weak...

...then is Fairy Wind that weak? Less than 2/3rds of a Hydreigon's health. In prespective, Jynx's Icy Winds would easily OHKO a non-Multiscale Dragonite with no defensive investment, and that Hydreigon with close to minimum HP tanks that (presumably 60 BP because of 'Wind', like Silver/Ominous Wind) 4x attack that well?
Fairy Wind doesn't fit in with the Ominious/Silver wind group. It has 30 pp iirc from the demo as opposed to 5, so chances are its more like a Fairy type answer to Bubble/Water Gun

Freeze Skin is really the only thing revealed so far that has me at a lost of words. Imagine if an ice-type gets Extreme Speed with that ability? Return is also another move to watch out for, especially with the new "bonding" mechanic. Return + Freeze Skin could really be a serious offensive force if good Ice Types are revealed in the game with this ability. I'm guessing the Ice Fossil Pokemon also evolves seeing as it's so small. If it's evolution has the same ability and good stats, it could be a force in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)