Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
nuh, dark attacks are still resisted by themselves. So that's two resistances.

Still, I'm super happy that Weavile will be able to pursuit trap even more things.

Also Mega Chomp is clearly the Zero-one unit from Evangelion. Get in the dragon, shinji.

So Fennekin's evo looks like its final stage will be Fire/Fighting, but it learns some Psychic moves so I guess it'll be like a Zorua v2. I predict it being Fire/Psychic btw. Thought it was going to be a specially offensive oriented poké, but seems I'm wrong.
Chespin looks odd now, I think no one expected that evolution (I expected something similar to Cyndaquil's evolution line). I also would say Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground. Looks like it'll be defensive.
Froakie looks great and by its body shape I'd say it'll be a fast physically offensive mon. Water/Fighting for sure.
MegaMewtwo X was obvious (the pokémon web was showing Mewtwo with two circles below it if I remember correctly). Psychic/Fighting will be badass. If Chansey could take a Psystrike, take now a Hi Jump Kick, haha.
The Meowstick poké... stats flip and different movepools depending on the gender looks original and cool.
Fossil pokés are the coolest of them all in this gen imo. T-Rex's ability powers up bitting moves, umm, well I'd have preferred Rock Head (when this rly) and Diplodocus' is just cool, dunno how it'll work, if it just changes normal type physical moves to Ice and gets the stab boost, anyways, Ice Body Slam sounds cool.
MegaGarchomp has same ability so I expect more attack or speed or defenses, w/e.
Toriniam looks like one of those curly hair dogs, has a nice defensive ability. Seems it changes colors depending on something.

This new typing is really crazy.i think uu is going to see some very heavy hitters thrown into the mix based on fairys power and steels nerf. Some heavy hitters could be hydreigon and pangora, which is weak to fighting flying and x4 fairy.

Im thinking that fairy/dark will be the new boltbeam or ghost/fighting coverage. Given the only type that resist dark now is just dark ehich fairy obliterates. Fairys bring immune to dragon will push them to the edge lol

This new typing is really crazy.i think uu is going to see some very heavy hitters thrown into the mix based on fairys power and steels nerf. Some heavy hitters could be hydreigon and pangora, which is weak to fighting flying and x4 fairy.

Im thinking that fairy/dark will be the new boltbeam or ghost/fighting coverage. Given the only type that resist dark now is just dark ehich fairy obliterates. Fairys bring immune to dragon will push them to the edge lol
Dark is resisted by itself, fighting, and fairy.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
A couple months ago, I joked that, were the Pokémon World Westeros, Steel-types would be the Lannisters. I was still reading the first book.

With today's reveal and my reading the third book, I take it back. Steel-types are the fucking Tyrells, and Heatran is Lord Mace.

Seven hells.

Why must ghost and dark have only one resistance each now. This is horrible.

Now every stall team has to run a fighting and a normal type? Ugh. I think all these typing changes are awesome except completely ruining defensive play from tyranitar
Run Umbreon bro. Psychic, Ghost and Dark's brick wall to get past with dat Heal Bell and Wish support.
Tyranitar and Mandibuzz work too I guess, any Dark

well, Umbreon (and Scrafty) need to be scared of fairy types too this gen.

Now Umbreon has to struggle with equally bulky fairy type blobs like Clefable coming in and setting up belly drum on it.

Weavile gets to whack Metagross, Honedge and Bronzong hard with super effective pursuit now (granted it still has to watch out for bullet punch)

And speaking of honedge, it doesn't seem quite so intimidating anymore without those extra few resistances.

Ok so:
Chespin: has inhaled some helium i'm calling either grass/flying or grass/ghost at this point.
Froakie: seems like my expections of it being water/fighting might be true.
Fenekin: >_> did he just stand up and stand like a fighting mon <_< well he has tiny arms but then again medicham... I'm calling Fire/fighting >_< fire/dark just judging by it's dark colour by i'ts feet and legs, or fire psychic it now got a ralts feeling. One thing bothers me about it, why does it have a stick in it's tail?

Last edited:
Interesting new type chart. With the new type chart every possible type-combination will have at least 1 weakness.

Only Pokemon with special abilities will be able to have no weaknesses. E.g. Levitate Electric, Levitate Poison/Dark or Sap Sipper Water/Ground. These will though also gain a weakness if they are up against Pokemon with Mold Breaker or equivalent abilities.

Ghost actually is the best attacking-type now, most notably Gengar who has Focus Blast unlike Mismagius.
Still Pursuit weak though, and frail as heck (but so is Mismagius).

Yes, I think GF managed to kill one balance issue but created another.

I just look back and it seems like i have to change my type expectations a bit, the moves bounce, mudshot and psycho cut can also be an indicator.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So is dark the best attacking type in the game now?
Pretty much.

On paper, that is.

Remember that most Dark type moves have quite low initial base power. The "gimmick" of Dark type attacks is that Dark types don't fight fair. Their attacks are weak measured by BP, but under certain circumstances, they reach terrifying levels of power. Punishment gets nuclear if the opponent has received enough stat boosts. Foul Play is strong against opposing attackers. Beat Up utilizes the power of your team. Repeated use of Crunch will wear the foe down, due to all the defense drops. And so on.

However, if the opponent can see the strategy coming, and prepare for it, Dark types will be stuck with their low BP moves. I think it won't end up overpowered unless Dark gets some version of Fire Blast or Close Combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)