Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about speed-baiting with mega transform. You start out with a pokemon like Mawile which is really slow. Your opponent can try to OKO mawile on the first turn. Mawile uses protect, M-evolves on the same turn and gains an additional speed bonus allowing it to outspeed and OKO the opponent on their next turn if they don't switch (or if they didn't speed boost themselves)

Likewise Mega Charizard using potect to m.evolve and trigger Drought safely.
According to Serebii: "To get your Pokémon to Mega Evolve, you can select a button when picking the move and then select a move. The Pokémon will both evolve and attack in that turn. You may only have one Mega Evolution in a battle."
So you don't lose a turn mega-evolving

What's the status on this image? Could this be a list of further Mega Pokemon, or an elaborate fake, like the other one?

I feel like it's worth noting that Mawile, Absol, Mewtwo are missing...

What's the status on this image? Could this be a list of further Mega Pokemon, or an elaborate fake, like the other one?

I feel like it's worth noting that Mawile, Absol, Mewtwo are missing...
As is Kanga

According to Serebii: "To get your Pokémon to Mega Evolve, you can select a button when picking the move and then select a move. The Pokémon will both evolve and attack in that turn. You may only have one Mega Evolution in a battle."
He's talking about the speed priority of mega evolving, nothing to do with losing a turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looking at "Chespiñata" again, I think it suffers a little from "Garbodor syndrome". Its artwork only depicts it in an incredibly derpy pose, showing it from the worst angle possible. It might look a little better in 3D. Perhaps its back is armoured, spiky or scaly? Perhaps it doesn't look as chubby when it moves? Actually, I doubt the latter, seeing as it doesn't have legs, only feet. Makes me wonder how they will animate it walking. Wagging from side to side?

Either way, I hope that the English name might provide some hints as to what we can expect from its final form. In the good ol' "Mr. XY" days, the proposed names were Chespin - Chespear - Chespike. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Looking at "Chespiñata" again, I think it suffers a little from "Garbodor syndrome". Its artwork only depicts it in an incredibly derpy pose, showing it from the worst angle possible. It might look a little better in 3D. Perhaps its back is armoured, spiky or scaly? Perhaps it doesn't look as chubby when it moves? Actually, I doubt the latter, seeing as it doesn't have legs, only feet. Makes me wonder how they will animate it walking. Wagging from side to side?

Either way, I hope that the English name might provide some hints as to what we can expect from its final form. In the good ol' "Mr. XY" days, the proposed names were Chespin - Chespear - Chespike. I guess we'll find out in a few days.
except garbodor looks terrible from any angle

I know that, but you still have to wait for your pokemon to attack before it can mega-evolve. If the opponent is faster than you, I'm pretty sure it gets to attack first, THEN you mega-evolve.

However, using a priority move or protect to mega evolve ensures that you get to mega evolve and attack without having to suffer damage first and also allows you a speed advantage next turn with a good matchup, assuming that the mega form is faster.

Ah okay, i misunderstood your meaning. My bad!
Looks like an interesting idea, and judging by what we know thus far it seems pretty sound.

Serebii has three pages labelled as moves.
One is actually about abilities, all of which have been officially revealed in English anyway.
The second one is actually about Mega Evolution and I'm pretty sure everything in that has been discussed as well.
The third one is about moves but some of the kanji is too hard to make out to fully understand what they're saying. But from what I can tell, it isn't that important.

Moves listed are (reading downwards in columns)
1. Boomburst - normal type damage that hits surrounding foes and allies.
2. Parabolic Charge - heals half the HP of damage dealt, hits multiple foes (possibly allies, I can't really make it out)
3. Topsy-Turvy - reverses stat changes.
4. Nuzzle - Paralyses the opponent while cuddling up to them.
5. Moonblast - offensive Fairy technique that may lower the targets attack.
6. Fairy Wind - fairy type attack that is effective on dragons.
7. Noble Roar - lowers attack stat of opponents.
8. Geomancy (type unknown) - all I can make out as that its Xerneas' attack.
9. Parting Shot (type unknown) - lowers opponents offenses and switches out.
10. Cutie Eyes (? Not sure of official English name) - can lower the opponents attack. Somehow...
11. Oblivion Wing (type unknown) - I can't make out what it says but it definitely doesn't mention it being a draining technique.
12. Draining Kiss - Heals the amount of damage dealt on the opponent. It's fairy type.

Edit. There's a fourth page labelled moves which just talks about the mega evolutions, their abilities and how that affects their gameplay.

Last edited:
8. Geomancy (type unknown) - all I can make out as that its Xerneas' attack.
11. Oblivion Wing (type unknown) - I can't make out what it says but it definitely doesn't mention it being a draining technique.
Geomancy is Fairy-typed.

Oblivion Wing is Yveltal's signature move and is Dark-typed.

I guess that means Exploud gets Boomburst.

Geomancy is Fairy-typed.

Oblivion Wing is Yveltal's signature move and is Dark-typed.

I guess that means Exploud gets Boomburst.
I would have agreed with you before this page was leaked but in the same place where moves like Moonblast have ファリー (fairy) and Topsy-Turvy have あく (dark) listed as their types both Geomancy and Oblivion Wing have ???

This could hint that they're dual-typed moves but I can only speculate. Either way, I doubt they are fairy and dark type attacks. Why conceal it if they are?

anyone else think we might be getting other types of "stealth rocks" this gen such as ice or fire its interesting to think how getting those will change the metagame

Guys, anyone remember that list of leaked names? We currently have half of those confirmed now (starter mid-evos, plus Torimian and Nyaonikusu have been confirmed).

In other news, Gekogashira, Torimian sans styling, and Chigorasu look cool. Definitely choosing Froakie as one of my starters unless they completely bomb his final evo, leaning towards Fennekin as the other but I think Chespin's line is still salvageable.

true or false?

I heard about 45 total megaevolution maybe I'm wrong... but all megaevos revealed for this moment are all on that pic

true or false?

I heard about 45 total megaevolution maybe I'm wrong... but all megaevos revealed for this moment are all on that pic
I think its already been confirmed as fake a few pages ago.

From Serebii

The starter evolutions abilities are Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent respectively

Hariboogu is the Thorn Armour Pokémon. It is 0.7m, 29kg and has the ability Overgrow
Teerunaa is the Fox Pokémon. It is 1.0m, 14.5kg and has the ability Blaze
Gekogashira is the Bubble Frog Pokémon. It is 0.6m, 10.9kg and has the ability Torrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)