Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The starter evolutions abilities are Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent respectively.
Wow! Totally didn't see that coming!

Also nice with clearer scans. It shows that Chespiñata's back is quite smooth, so why they call it "thorn armour" is beyond me. I can understand the "armour" part, but thorns? It has... two. I guess its evolution will be even more armoured, akin to a chestnut. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the stick in Fennekin2's tail in its battle screen. Is it holding it in its hand, like a wand?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
From Serebii

The starter evolutions abilities are Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent respectively
That's not really a huge shock to the system really... All the starters get those abilities... Whats more interesting is Dream World abilities... And how we get them now.

Really glad how this time GameFreak got straight to th point with the Fairy type by simply taking a look at the Competitive battling scene (which is too popular) and simply said, Flygon, Heracross, Hydregion, get outta there"!

They outrage-quit

^^

seems like the chespin line will be another defensive grass type. with the exception of sceptile & dream world venusaur, none have been offensive really have they?

seems like the chespin line will be another defensive grass type. with the exception of sceptile & dream world venusaur, none have been offensive really have they?
I feel like after looking at Chespin2, the final evolution can go in two ways.

1) Chespin3 will become even more "fat" and more like a real-life chestnut. It'll be defensive.
2) Chespin3 will become a knight, based on some theories here and on Serebiiforums, and will be more offensive.

I'm hoping for option 2, but option 1 is more likely. Just like you said, there is only 1 really offensive one (Sceptile) and 4 defensive ones (Venusaur, Meganium, sort of Torterra, and Serperior).

I feel like after looking at Chespin2, the final evolution can go in two ways.

1) Chespin3 will become even more "fat" and more like a real-life chestnut. It'll be defensive.
2) Chespin3 will become a knight, based on some theories here and on Serebiiforums, and will be more offensive.

I'm hoping for option 2, but option 1 is more likely. Just like you said, there is only 1 really offensive one (Sceptile) and 4 defensive ones (Venusaur, Meganium, sort of Torterra, and Serperior).
Chespin 2 is the "Thorn Armor" Pokemon. I think it's really likely that Chespin 3 will either be a porcupine or armadillo. It probably won't be a knight anymore than Samurott is a samurai (which is kind of but not really).

This seems a bit... redundant. Does that mean it's actually dealing more damage on Dragons than other types, in addition to being SE?
Nope, it is completely redundant. But that's the translation of the little description of fairy wind. They are spelling things out to children so it's to be expected. Since it doesn't mention anything other than type effectiveness though you can infer that it is just a basic attack.

I could be SUPER WRONG but am I the only one who this Geomancy is going to be the God Heal move?
A.K.A the fusion of Recover & Heal Bell? I don't mean just healing yourself, but I mean restoring up to 50% to the WHOLE TEAM AND ELIMINATING STATUS EFFECTS!
Since Xerneas will undoubtedly be Uber, I think this would be a REALLY great move to stop stall in the tier...or it could increase it depending on the team :p

I could be SUPER WRONG but am I the only one who this Geomancy is going to be the God Heal move?
A.K.A the fusion of Recover & Heal Bell? I don't mean just healing yourself, but I mean restoring up to 50% to the WHOLE TEAM AND ELIMINATING STATUS EFFECTS!
Since Xerneas will undoubtedly be Uber, I think this would be a REALLY great move to stop stall in the tier...or it could increase it depending on the team :p
And what made you think that?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If it's anything like that, I'd rather think it would be a combination of Recover and Refresh. Restores some of your health, removes your status. Kind of like a Sleepless Rest with less recovery, or a Full Restore that has passed its expiry date.

Not that there's any evidence suggesting this, though.

Reactions: EV
If it's anything like that, I'd rather think it would be a combination of Recover and Refresh. Restores some of your health, removes your status. Kind of like a Sleepless Rest with less recovery, or a Full Restore that has passed its expiry date.

Not that there's any evidence suggesting this, though.
I would definitely like this.

Those names for 2nd stage starters were actually revealed waaay back by pokejungle as trademarked names that were submitted. If pokejungle were still up I can provide links. But for now if you search up "hariboogu pokejungle" on google. It was an article under the title "Kalos Starter Evolutions Come To Light?"

heres a link from 4chan back in July:
http://4chandata.org/vp/http--pokej...d-out-to-us-as-possible-Chespin-evolu-a574497

they mixed up fennkin and froakie 3rd stage and 2nd stage names

If the trademark names implies what the pokes will look like, then the reverse triangles will probably be

Steel > Fairy > Fighting > Steel>....
Grass < Fire < Water < Grass<...

chespin-grass/steel(knight - european culture)
Fennekin-fire/fairy(magic fox spirit - chinese culture)
Froakie-Water fighting(ninjitsu - japanese culture)

If the trademark names implies what the pokes will look like, then the reverse triangles will probably be

Steel > Fairy > Fighting > Steel>....
Grass < Fire < Water < Grass<...

chespin-grass/steel(knight - european culture)
Fennekin-fire/fairy(magic fox spirit - chinese culture)
Froakie-Water fighting(ninjitsu - japanese culture)
There seems to be more evidence for Fennekin's evos to be Fire/Psychic, with it learning Psychic, Psybeam, and Psycho Cut.

30 more days... I'm never gonna make it 30 more days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)