Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new type chart has been released in CoroCoro. Serebii.net has a translated version of it up, if you would want to put more information about the Fairy-type.

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The new type chart has been released in CoroCoro. Serebii.net has a translated version of it up, if you would want to put more information about the Fairy-type.
That's old news now.. lol

I'm really excited about this announcement. @_@ I hope it won't be any Megas, or if it is I hope they announce like 10 (wishful thinking).

It's because he knows that Mewtwo X just gave him a free turn to Foul Play the hell out of him.
EDIT: Just saw that Zoroark lost all its HP from the attack. Still has that free turn, though.
What free turn
You didn't miss much there

Zoroark sent out
Mewtwo sent out
Mewtwo Mega Evolves then uses Giga Impact
Zoroark dies

Could be only telling us that there's a website called gottacatchemall.com
(Looks at the icon)
Yeah, almost certainly.
Pretty curious as to what it is, but it's probably a US anime thing

Reactions: PME
What are all those websites gonna do?

I guess I should be specific.

A few sites have a lot of mechanic specific programs that are based on Generation 5. With the type chart now changed after all these years, how long before everything gets updated, or will they just abandon their programs altogether?

I'm thinking about Marriland's various Team Type Chart calculators, and all those Pokemon hypothetical type match-ups, and Bulbapedia's trivia about "such-and-such-Pokemon only has one weakness" like Kindra, which now has two.

Just a general comment. That's a lot of webpages and programs to go through.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What free turn
You didn't miss much there

Zoroark sent out
Mewtwo sent out
Mewtwo Mega Evolves then uses Giga Impact
Zoroark dies

Yeah, almost certainly.
Pretty curious as to what it is, but it's probably a US anime thing
I meant with the recharge turn.

What are all those websites gonna do?

I guess I should be specific.

A few sites have a lot of mechanic specific programs that are based on Generation 5. With the type chart now changed after all these years, how long before everything gets updated, or will they just abandon their programs altogether?

I'm thinking about Marriland's various Team Type Chart calculators, and all those Pokemon hypothetical type match-ups, and Bulbapedia's trivia about "such-and-such-Pokemon only has one weakness" like Kindra, which now has two.

Just a general comment. That's a lot of webpages and programs to go through.
Fix them or create new programs, I'm pretty sure. Bulbapedia trivia gets filtered out every new game or so, it's nothing really new; every time a new game comes out, every page of trivia gets updated, I don't see how this generation would be any different.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
No way. Immunity to both sandstorm and hail and despite the large number of weaknesses it does have useful resistances to ice, normal and flying.
Bug/Flying is a worse defensive type, it's even 4x weak to SR.
Scizor says hi. So does Metagross. And Breloom. And Conkeldurr. And Lucario.

[quote"Karxrida, post: 4838731, member: 193268"]Scizor says hi. So does Metagross. And Breloom. And Conkeldurr. And Lucario.[/quote]
We dont know its evolutions stats or its movepool only that it has two really good stabs and a good ability

I mean if its a tank yeah I think were done
here but it could be absurdly fast or something. Way to early to discount it

Wouldn't matter if it was fast, they all get bullet punch, mach punch or vacuum wave. Which are all STAB, all x4 effective and priority

Someone posted this gif on 4chan (apparently)

Where's this even from? ._.
I love the new form for Mewtwo even more when seeing it in animation.
With some of previous games sprites have always been hit & miss for me.
Thankfully all Pokemon will look awesome in this generation.

Last edited:
Fix them or create new programs, I'm pretty sure. Bulbapedia trivia gets filtered out every new game or so, it's nothing really new; every time a new game comes out, every page of trivia gets updated, I don't see how this generation would be any different.
That's what concerns me. I saw Generation 5 outdated trivia and information on Bulbapedia specifically until at least a few months ago. That's a very long time to fix things. As in years.

I'm just saying, all the useful tools for team building are going to take significantly longer with all the new stuff coming in.

It'll probably take lucky guesswork to build a winning team.

If only something with prankster got soak, it would see a lot of use taking down grass-types and electric-types by removing there immunities.
Not really
In some cases it would improve them . Mega venusaur with double resists to fire and ice no ground flying or psychic weakness seems like a fair trade for immunity loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)