Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mevolving does not use a turn to evolve.
I was under the impression that on the switch-in, the pokemon is "normal" and it can only mega evolve after you have committed to using an attack that turn (i.e. taking up one turn)?
MEvos can't use Choice items, or any items beyond their required Mega Stones for that matter. Why do people seem to be constantly forgetting that? :/

That said, the ability to hold a different item is likely the only factor saving a number of Pokémon from being completely overshadowed by their MEvos.
My mistake, I completely forgot about that.

I'd say the main thing that stops pokemon getting overshadowed is the limitation of 1 MEvo per team. Unless it's a gimmick, we are likely going to look for a significant increase in effectiveness when we give up that slot. So in the case of Mega Charizard Y, although drought is good, is it really worth giving up the only mega stone when a Ninetails switch could also give you perma-sun? I don't know, it's just speculation of course.

I was under the impression that on the switch-in, the pokemon is "normal" and it can only mega evolve after you have committed to using an attack that turn (i.e. taking up one turn)?
There's an option specifically to MegaEvolve. Mevolution takes priority over anyone's attacks that round, it appears (though I believe no one used a priority attack in the showcase video).

There's an option specifically to MegaEvolve. Mevolution takes priority over anyone's attacks that round, it appears (though I believe no one used a priority attack in the showcase video).
They're saying you can't just lead with it and switch out if the enemy is a scarfed Terrakion or something. You have to stay in that turn and attack to Mega Evolve and therefore trigger Drought.

I knew that preordering X some 3 months ago instead of Y was smart. I mean... Xerneas > Yveltal, Megazard X > Megazard Y, Megamewtwo X > Megamewtwo Y... This is gonna be awesome. 10 days left!

I'm very excited for Megazard X; looking forward to making a team using him. Obviously he will need a lot of team support though.

On a side note, does anyone know if the MEvo'ed pokemon reverts to it's normal form when it switches out? Since each player can only MEvo once per battle, it would pretty much suck if the MEvo poke de-digivolves when you switch out...

Basically, I think that if we get any more X & Y Mega evolutions, X will take a pretty drastic change in character while Y evolutions will add to the Pokemon's existing theme. A bit of a flimsy theory given a grand sample pool of two Pokemon, but the similarities are there.

(I really want Grass / Dragon Sceptile Mega Evo BTW :>)
B-b-but Mega Ampharos is worth it!

...though I could make a exception if M-Ampharos-X turns out to have a glorious wool coat...

On a side note, does anyone know if the MEvo'ed pokemon reverts to it's normal form when it switches out? Since each player can only MEvo once per battle, it would pretty much suck if the MEvo poke de-digivolves when you switch out...
Far as I recall M-Evolutions do stay that way even switched out, it's becoming pretty increasingly clear the competitive horizon of Gen 6 will likely revolve around teams built around a mascot M-Evolution if you will as they seem to offer a massive advantage.

Well, I'm not gonna go into competitive discussion about SR, but since Megavolving doesn't take up a turn I don't really see what the problem is; I guess it would become a bit repetitive seeing a Pokemon MEvo over and over.

On an unrelated note, I'd love it if Mismagius was retyped to Ghost-Fairy.

Another quick question. I remember hearing/reading somewhere a while back that you will be able to trade pokemon from X & Y using only one 3ds; meaning you can trade with yourself using one 3ds. Is this true? I can't remember where I heard this from though...

Another quick question. I remember hearing/reading somewhere a while back that you will be able to trade pokemon from X & Y using only one 3ds; meaning you can trade with yourself using one 3ds. Is this true? I can't remember where I heard this from though...
You can do it with pokémon bank :)

There will be a Pokemon Bank app released that lets you upload all Gen 5/6 Pokemon to a remote server storage space, they announced when it releases the app everyone will get a free trial period to use it but after that it'll be a paid service where you pay a annual subscription fee.

B-b-but Mega Ampharos is worth it!

...though I could make a exception if M-Ampharos-X turns out to have a glorious wool coat...
The stones we've seen so far for Lucario and Blaziken have no X or Y, so its likely that only special mons (1st gen starters and legendaries?) will get multiple mega evolutions.

Regarding Mega Evolutions.

If I Mega evolved say Charizard. But then switched it out of battle, when brou
You can trade Mega Stones so you can get X evolutions in Y and vice versa. I pre-ordered both though.
Oh wow. So I take it you can get more than one of each stone?

Not sure how I feel about Mega Charizard X. It's design looks too fanart-ish (especially with the weird flames coming out from either side of its mouth). Second, can GF ever stop favoring Charizard over the other Kanto starters? I am a fan of all the starter pokemon (less so Gen 5, but eh), and am over Venusaur and Blastoise being left out. I'm not saying to remove one of Charizard's two MEvos, but give Blastoise and Venusaur one too.

The stones we've seen so far for Lucario and Blaziken have no X or Y, so its likely that only special mons (1st gen starters and legendaries?) will get multiple mega evolutions.
Well there is mewtonite x and y. Somebody posted earlier than x and y is likd a chart. Y being vertical and enhances your already good features like sp attack attack etc (mewtwo y and charizard y) while x completely changes thingz like typing and makes your lower stats better (mewtwo x and charizard x and personally im thinking mega ampharos with dragon/electric typing).
All i know is i want both charizards lol i think drought zard is more competively viable to destroy all non scarfed toed and ttar with a drougb solarbeam but char x has a better design...

I don't think that will apply to all pokemon, though, so there's a lot of details left to find out. Maybe these are the storyline elements rumored to be different between the two?

I'm so glad I decided to buy both so I don't have to choose!

But now I don't know which to play first! I wanted to play Y first so that I could use Froakie without the temptation of Clauncher and I prefer Yveltal anyways. However, I always planned on using Froakie+Charmander and the cooler Mega Evolution is Megazard X. MegaTwo X is pretty badass as well, so that's not helping. I feel I have to play X first and just try really really hard to not get Clauncher, but it's gonna be so hard!

Bravo to Gamefreak for making legit differences between the two versions other than a handful of random mon.

What's the off-chance that some Mega Stones for Pokémon with one MEvo will also be version exclusive items?
I think it's pretty likely, like say Houndoom has a MEvo, and it's an X exclusive mon you get the Houndoomite in X and on the same route in Y you can catch Sneasel so you'd get Weavilite in X. It goes with the spirit of how other games have operated.

I was going to start with Fennekin and Bulbasaur, but now that I've seen Megazard X, I may have to do a mono-fire run. Maybe gamefreak is making up for the dire lack of fire-types in DPP?

Am I the only one with very little interest in Mega Evolutions, and who never liked Charizard and doesn't care about him? Certainly not something that would make me change my preorder. That said, I haven't preordered either game, and I still plan to buy Pokemon Y on launch day.

There were fire types in DPP?
That's the point the person you replied to was making. No, there weren't many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)