Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
http://www.serebii.net/xy/forms.shtml They also just finished updating the gift pokemon page.
Well that certainly explains why Gourgeist had unusually high base speed when I calc'd its small form (90). If you read the post it says Pumpkaboo's HP increases as Speed decreases, and then says Gourgeist's "attack stat also starts getting larger" as speed drops in the larger forms. If both its HP and Atk go up, a Super-Size Gourgeist might actually be a killer tank!

I'm pretty much satisfied concerning Mega-Evos. Right now I'm just hoping that some mons get some much deserved new abilities such as Archeops getting something other than defeatist.

Unknown. Not holding my breath for one of the most infamous exploits over 2 generations being left untouched.
Undoubtedly though, people will eventually find a way around any changes they make.

Last edited:
Well that certainly explains why Gourgeist had unusually high base speed when I calc'd its small form (90). If you read the post it says Pumpkaboo's HP increases as Speed decreases, and then says Gourgeist's "attack stat also starts getting larger" as speed drops in the larger forms. If both its HP and Atk go up, a Super-Size Gourgeist might actually be a killer tank!
So is it confirmed that the stats we have are of a small gourgeist?

Shroomisaur

So is it confirmed that the stats we have are of a small gourgeist?
Yes, the calc on the small form: 70/80/120/50/75/90 (Small Size). So if serebii is correct and both HP and Atk get boosts, hopefully that means Super Size Gourgeist can literally grow beyond his 485 BST :)

Edit: actually the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. You can effectively choose how fast or bulky you want your Gourgeist to be just by picking the appropriately-sized form, on top of normal EVing!

I for one want to see how big the super sized one actually is because it seems there is a clear visual difference between the sizes shown of Pumpkaboo.

Shroomisaur

Didn't see this anywhere else here, a guy on Reddit posted some pretty detailed information on Super Training: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1o540r/headsup_to_ev_trainers_in_xy_slight_spoiler/

Highlights include being able to reset EVs(even from battle), and having access immediately at the start of the game, even before the first battle.
So you can lower your EVs through Super Training. That's... perfect. I'm loving Super Training already.

Now all we need is training for IVs and I will be euphoric.

Didn't see this anywhere else here, a guy on Reddit posted some pretty detailed information on Super Training: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1o540r/headsup_to_ev_trainers_in_xy_slight_spoiler/

Highlights include being able to reset EVs(even from battle), and having access immediately at the start of the game, even before the first battle.
So that explains the difficulty level being crap... yeah. No way I'm using the EXP share.

We need to find out if it can also effectively max IVs, because that's a theorymon that's been going around here

Regarding the thread being locked down for the release. I assume this must be in line with a different timezone (Japan I assume) because in the ~10 hours left until the lock it will still be the 11th in the U.S. and everywhere I look says the release date is the 12th. I just wanted a little clarification that this is the case, as unlike some lucky few I won't have any early access to my copy.

Also, just wanted to say I've been hanging around this thread since page ~8 or so over a week ago. I love all the lead in discussion topics, and watching all the reveals and up to the minute leaks. It's been a lot of fun guys, and I wish everyone the best for Gen 6.

Serebii has confirmed that flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam and surf have all been dropped to 90 power; hydro pump is now 110. I guess this is Game Freak's way of combating power creep.

.Now all we need is training for IVs and I will be euphoric.
Or, killing IVs entirely and being able to freely change Hidden Power whenever you want to. That would be nice, too.

Really good stuff about the Super EV Training. Weather nerfs, EV Training, Ability Capsule (for breeding), Friend Safari (for Hidden Abilities), and other changes are going to make this Gen a lot more accessible to new players. Really amazing stuff.

Mega Aggron is amazing.
I believe it's time for a reading of the Polygonal testament, from the book of X and Y
And so it was written:
"The Aggron players were gnashing their teeth, and crying out in pain as for the 151st time, they were beaten by a fighting type move. Returning to their gbas, they cried out to Gamefreak, saying 'O gamefreak, in my time of need, make Aggron better!' However, Gamefreak, hearing these words, tested those players faith. Many generations passed, and a great many had cast aside Aggron, scorning the players who continued to trust it. However, at the advent of the sixth generation, a sign was shown from gamefreak, that came in the form of a balloon. Many began to believe because of this sign, and because of this the day came. Aggron was blessed by Gamefreak with filter allowing it to take more hits on the special side, a mega evolution to boost its stats, and, best of all, the casting away of the impurity of the rock type, making its defense as strong as steel iron! For those who had waited with faith for a decade, they rejoiced, knowing the appointed hour had come. For those who had laughed in the face of Aggron, they knelt in front of their 3ds, and said these words: 'Forgive me Gamefreak, for I have Sinnohed...' "

Last edited:
Or, killing IVs entirely and being able to freely change Hidden Power whenever you want to. That would be nice, too.

Really good stuff about the Super EV Training. Weather nerfs, EV Training, Ability Capsule (for breeding), Friend Safari (for Hidden Abilities), and other changes are going to make this Gen a lot more accessible to new players. Really amazing stuff.
I don't think they have to kill off IV's entirely, just make it easier to breed pokemon with the desired IV's. It is quite easy to implement an item to do that. Power Anklet, Power Brace, etc are nice but still make it very time consuming to breed that nice 31/X/31/31/31/31 special attacker

Shroomisaur

From serebii (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?617694-Serebii-net-Pok%E9mon-X-Y-Discovery-Thread/page2):

Some move changes

Thunderbolt is now 90 Power, not 95. As is Flamethrower, Surf & Ice Beam
Thunder, Blizzard, Hurricane, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump are now 110 Power, now 120.
I believe this one has been leaked, Hidden Power now has set damage of 60, rather than fluctuating based on IVs
Moonlight, Sweet Kiss & Charm are Fairy-type.
Will-O-Wisp's accuracy has been increased to 85%

Serebii has confirmed that flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam and surf have all been dropped to 90 power; hydro pump is now 110. I guess this is Game Freak's way of combating power creep.
Well crap. 90 BP isn't bad per se, about in line with Leaf Blade, Aura Sphere, etc, but it still bites. There was always something awesome about the 95 number for those moves. And I really liked the power creep too...

From serebii (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?617694-Serebii-net-Pok%E9mon-X-Y-Discovery-Thread/page2):

Some move changes

Thunderbolt is now 90 Power, not 95. As is Flamethrower, Surf & Ice Beam
Thunder, Blizzard, Hurricane, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump are now 110 Power, now 120.
I believe this one has been leaked, Hidden Power now has set damage of 60, rather than fluctuating based on IVs
Moonlight, Sweet Kiss & Charm are Fairy-type.
Will-O-Wisp's accuracy has been increased to 85%
I guess defensive pokemon are getting a lot of help this generation

Hopefully physical attacks suffered a proportional reduction, too. The metagame was already inclined to physical attacks in BW, if the major offenders (close combat, outrage, etc) don't have their powers reduced, or their accuracy lowered, or whatever, special attackers will be much scarcer this gen. Specially with the lower power Hidden Power, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)