Pokebank OU, First Real Gen VI Team Attempt

I made this team last night because I wanted to try playing Gen VI OU. After about ten minutes of figuring out how to make my team, and two or three hours over last night and today tweaking it, I think it's pretty good, but I want some help in finishing this team and making it perfect.

My team is as follows (sorry for no pictures):
Infernape, Goodra, Latios, Gengar, Tentacruel, and Skarmory

Here is the PS text for the team:

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 2 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Gengar @ Gengarite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Let’s go in depth on this team, shall we?

I use this set on most of my teams in need of a fast hard-hitting sweeper.
Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Punch
-U-turn
This set is very versatile. If it gets a free switch, it can do a lot of damage and force many switches. This set has perfect coverage. You may think "I'll switch Slowbro or Starmie in because both STABs are resisted", but I've OHKOed Starmie with Thunder Punch, and I believe it 2HKOs Slowbrow. I mainly use him as a sweeper whose job it is to get in with minimal damage, get two or three KOs and then just switch out or sacrifice him for another free switch.

Next off, we have the obligatory Pseudo-Legendary, Goodra.
Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 2 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Physical Goodra? What am I thinking? I came up with using this set by seeing his great special bulk, and access to curse. It reminded me of running Snorelax in UU, and I remember all the luck I had running curse to boost his so-so physical defense and good attack to virtually uncounterable levels. This Goodra runs on a similar principal. Switch in on a predicted special attack, spam curse, and then use my attack of choice to decimate my opponent (base 100 attack is scary when it's at +3). The question I have with set is should I run Dragon Tail over Outrage? Goodra is supposed to be a bulky sweeper, and the chip damage of confusion would be bad. Goodra doesn't have Dragon Claw for a reliable stab, so the next best option would be Dragon Tail. Dragon Tail would be to phase out anything that tries to set up on it, like Scizor (I've had it happen several times).

Even with the addition of Fairies, I think that dragons can keep a major offensive presence, and this Latios is further proof of that statement.
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteo
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
This set is kind of self-explanatory. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB, Psyshock hits hard against a special wall, thunderbolt is coverage, but I'm thinking of swapping it for shadow ball for its better coverage, and roost is to heal off the Life Orb damage that would make all the bulk I invested in worthless. This set especially I want help with, because while it does well, I think there is some obviously better option I'm missing.

I'm playing in gen VI. I clearly need to use a mega evolution of some kind. Shadow Tag + Substitute with base 170 special attack is a lethal combination. I am speaking if none other than Gengar.
Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
Mega-Evolve. Set up a sub. Wreak everything. The plan works well until the sub breaks, then I have to play more cautiously. Shadow ball is one of the best offensive types right now because only dark resists it. Normal may be immune, but Focus Blast (even with its actual 10% accuracy) works extremely well. Sludge Bomb may seem weird, but at 90 base power, it does more slightly more damage than shadow ball, and is my only real way of killing fairies.

My team doesn't have much trouble with entry hazards, with no-one being weak to stealth rock, and Mega-Gengar counts as a grounded poison type. Tentecruel may seem like and odd option at first, but he's saved me the game before.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
He serves many purposes, spinner (whose need will be explained with my last Mon), a wall, a hazards layer, and my team’s best counter to rain. It may seem odd that he is physically bulky and specially bulky, but I don't want him to get OHKOed by a thunder punch or Psyshock. Scald is a beast of a support move, the 30% burn rate and the attack drop that comes with the burn is great for Infernape and Gengar's longevity. Giga Drain is my chosen method of healing, even though its coverage is redundant with scald.

I dislike setup sweepers. I get so cocky when it comes to handling them, and by the time they're at +4 attack, I need to get them out of there ASAP. My chosen method is Skarmory.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
There is a great trick with this guy. With the update that was with gen V, Sturdy acts as a focus sash. I can capitalize on that with the following trick: If a setup sweeper KOs anyone, I switch into Skarmory. Skarmory is guaranteed to survive any one hit, and I can retaliate with whirlwind. Whirlwind will phase them out and get rid of whatever stat boosts that sweeper had. The other moves are self-explanatory. Stealth rock, because no-one else on this team has it, Roost for healing, and brave bird is for a powerful STAB. I may replace Brave Bird with drill peck because of the lack of recoil.

I'm sorry for any dumb mistakes I've missed in this team, and also if this is formatted crappy. This is my first time making an RMT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)