Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The estimated flying speed of a swallow is 40-50 mph.

Also, is anyone else going to avoid any info of Black and White after it comes out? I'm going to do it since it will make the first playthrough of the game much more fun (especially since we won't get "caves have Zubat/Geodude water has Tentacool" syndrome).
Enter "Caves have Koromori/water has Bausaro" syndrome.

(Hooray that the starter evos are fake! I initially thought Game Freak was being stupider than Sega's PR department, but this has restored hope.)

That being said, the speeds in pokemon are not exactly accurate. Hawks are typically slower than the others but Staraptor gets base 100, so realism isn't key. For comparison I tried to get info on the fastest bird so far, Swellow, but trying to search for the flying speed of a Swallow leads -only- to Monty Python quotes
The speed stat in Pokemon is NOT for movement (i.e. running or flying) speed, but reaction speed. We already had that ITT.

Woah, that stats look like a beast,125 is so fast with 125 in SpA. Too strong, it can go to uber tier D:
Eh, not really. It largely depends on his typing and movepool. [Being part grass already harms it, to be honest]

Those stats alone don't mean Uber by any stretch of the imagination.

Erm... Weavile? Mamoswine? Abomasnow?
Erm... your point is? Weavile is destroyed by its shallow movepool, SR weakness, and BP weakness. All of which are sideffects of its Ice typing. Hence why it's at the very bottom of OU. Abomasnow is literally only BL because of its ability. Everything else about it sucks, especially its typing. Mamo is decent, but it's by no means top OU.

So, yeah, you don't have a strong argument there.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sakrey on Serebiiforums said:
I don't know about this...
How come people can believe a person just by the bare fact the he's stated that he made the fakes ? Even his so called proofs are just the exactly same images of the starter evos, nothing more to add authenticity to his saying.

I don't want to be a 'killjoy' but that is not enough for me :/

halp gais im confus

The speed stat in Pokemon is NOT for movement (i.e. running or flying) speed, but reaction speed. We already had that ITT.
I'm sorry I must have missed the discussion, but that wasn't the point of my post anyway. I was replying to the question about "eagles being super fast" which they are not, they are average among large birds.

Either way you can't confirm that speed is reaction based when arguments could be made either way. Sure it explains why the pokedex says Pidgeot and Dragonite are fast, but Speed Deoxys sheds its power and bulk to become more aerodynamic so it can move faster. Pokeathon also disagrees with the reaction theory in that high speed pokemon get high speed pokeathon stat so they can run/fly faster. Obviously with some exceptions which goes further to show you can't say one way or the other. Maybe it varies depending on the pokemon in question. Maybe it is all random. But if it has been discussed I don't want to reopen the subject.

Trailers were interesting.

Wargle with superpower? Cool. Not necessarily a great indicator of an amazing movepool, but does let it slap around the steels that otherwise wall it typing wise. Unless there is a ghost/steel.

I am still confused with "N" is he supposed to be a reincarnation of some royal line plasma is involved with or am I just drawing a quick conclusion based off their clothing and the crown atop a green haired individual's head in what appears to be a modern time setting?

I like the animation's for the Reshi's and Zekky's supposed signature attacks. A fire type spirit bomb anyone? As well as a volt tackle on steroids.

Wargle with superpower? Cool. Not necessarily a great indicator of an amazing movepool, but does let it slap around the steels that otherwise wall it typing wise.
i feel like im overhyping wargle for meself, but if its got superpower, that can only be a good thing. yay 4 meez!

Can someone post the links of these videos everyone's talking about? Or give me the page where they are or whatever. I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find them.

Trailers were interesting.

Wargle with superpower? Cool. Not necessarily a great indicator of an amazing movepool, but does let it slap around the steels that otherwise wall it typing wise. Unless there is a ghost/steel.

I am still confused with "N" is he supposed to be a reincarnation of some royal line plasma is involved with or am I just drawing a quick conclusion based off their clothing and the crown atop a green haired individual's head in what appears to be a modern time setting?

I like the animation's for the Reshi's and Zekky's supposed signature attacks. A fire type spirit bomb anyone? As well as a volt tackle on steroids.
Most Pokemon that learn Superpower have really good or above average movepools, though. There are a few that aren't as ridiculous as the Nidos and Dragonite, but they are still really wide.

For Wooguru, Heat Wave / Brave Bird / Giga Impact / Return / Superpower / Free Fall / U-turn / Pursuit is wide enough, which most birds/bats (looking at you, Crobat) get. It really don't need any other moves.

Idunno, unless it had Air Slash, Serene Grace and Seed Flare I don't see it breaking OU, especially with that awful defense stat and absolutely pitiful attack :A

But I don't think it's stats will be that extreme.

Wasn't that all just speculation, though?
It might be, but even then it wouldn't make Uber. The attack stat would have to be higher as well, since all starter pokemon are friendly to the kiddies and whatever moves they want to use. That would make it...Sceptile.

OH NO IT'S A SCEPTILE WITH BETTER LEAF STORM WHATEVER SHALL WE DO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)