Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Dragon/Electric is better then Dragon/Fire in Ubers. 100% accurate STAB thunders with all the Kyogres everywhere is better then a Fire Blast which will only be used to hit steel types (and if it's raining then there goes that super effective boost). I'd rather have super effective STAB coverage over Kyogre and the bulky flying types then a situational Fire STAB, and it still hits steels for neutral. But the bigger factor is the stealth rock weakness, that just sucks.

I'm wondering about the blue sky rumor - it said that Reshiram/Zekrom's abilities boosted their SpA/Atk whenever they used a Fire/(I'm assuming this was supposed to be Electric) Attack... does this mean that they could boost their stats to +6 just by spamming Fire Blast / Thunder for 6 turns in a row? Seems very powerful!

I wonder if it works more like Motor Drive, where you get the boost if you are hit by that type of attack, rather than gaining boosts by using them.
If memory serves me, I think he said that Reshiram's Sp. Atk would be boosted when he used a fire attack, and Zekrom's ATTACK was boosted when he used electric attacks. No go with thunder here, unless you make it a Special sweeper...

No, Dragon/Electric is better then Dragon/Fire in Ubers. 100% accurate STAB thunders with all the Kyogres everywhere is better then a Fire Blast which will only be used to hit steel types (and if it's raining then there goes that super effective boost). I'd rather have super effective STAB coverage over Kyogre and the bulky flying types then a situational Fire STAB, and it still hits steels for neutral. But the bigger factor is the stealth rock weakness, that just sucks.
In Ubers, electric stab is better. Fire stab is really helpful with Groudon up, especially with the likes of Levitaters Groudon can't damage. Lati@s get more damage from a Fire Blast under sun thatn a thunder from Zekrom in rain, so does Cress. Although the people who just play for fun won't be using them in ubers, but in the likes of lower tiers. (I must be REALLY annoying because I keep saying some people like me don't follow tiers, lol)

If memory serves me, I think he said that Reshiram's Sp. Atk would be boosted when he used a fire attack, and Zekrom's ATTACK was boosted when he used electric attacks. No go with thunder here, unless you make it a Special sweeper...
this is actually good. ubers often got high special defense and average defense(by uber standards). if he does get a powerful eletric physical move and high base atack then i can see he sweeping with little problems. of course he is a cover legendary after all so i doubt his special atack will be low.

also wow good thing i dont care about the post count or else i would go wild.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm really interested in whatever changes they bring up for Doubles. And I really hope that Triples won't be just a mass of in-between round messages and a couple of turns.

Oh, and I'd like them to explain how are things like Explosion and (especially) Earthquake going to work if a Pokémon on the side uses them, according to the mechanics that have been released so far. I know, I know, logic≠Pokémon, but still… I hope there's a line for that somewhere.

maybe the Dragon/Poison like in the rumor
That sounds like a great combination as well. (Toxic resistance and no more death by Ice) However he looks like tyranitar yet has a stance of a sumo wrestler...so It could go either way. I just hope he isn't a flying/ground type.

That sounds like a great combination as well. (Toxic resistance and no more death by Ice) However he looks like tyranitar yet has a stance of a sumo wrestler...so It could go either way. I just hope he isn't a flying/ground type.
either one make sense, as long as it is not the old same x4 flying/grond + dragon weakness like you say, its all good :pimp:

In Ubers, electric stab is better. Fire stab is really helpful with Groudon up, especially with the likes of Levitaters Groudon can't damage. Lati@s get more damage from a Fire Blast under sun thatn a thunder from Zekrom in rain, so does Cress. Although the people who just play for fun won't be using them in ubers, but in the likes of lower tiers. (I must be REALLY annoying because I keep saying some people like me don't follow tiers, lol)
Uh, well, it's kinda really cheap to use Ubers in any tier other than Ubers. Otherwise you're just giving yourself an unfair advantage.

On Topic: I'm starting to hope the Sky rumours are false, as it looks like the Ground/Bug and Fire/Dark 'mon won't be Houndoom/Pinsir evos, and it appears to make Zekrom Physical, which means it misses out on being able to abuse Thunder, which is one of the best moves to get STAB on in Ubers (120BP+STAB, 100% accuracy, and a 30% paralysis chance)

I'm hoping for Zekrom to be mixed, personally, and for TurboBlaze/TeraVoltage to be like Adaptability for Fire/Electric only. If Zek's mixed he can abuse Outrage and Thunder. If he's physical, it misses good Electric STAB, and if it's special, it's restricted to Draco Meteor (which, let's face it, would never be used if we had a Dragon-type Fire Blast - just look at Overheat) or the weak Dragon Pulse for Dragon STAB.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
this is actually good. ubers often got high special defense and average defense(by uber standards). if he does get a powerful eletric physical move and high base atack then i can see he sweeping with little problems. of course he is a cover legendary after all so i doubt his special atack will be low.

Yes, I believe the rumor said the new Uzarai attack is Stone Edge's stats and Physical, just Electric typed... so that really makes sense as Zekrom's signature move. Zekrom will have no trouble punching through Kyogre with this physical Electric STAB - especially if Uzarai gains perfect accuracy during rain like Thunder does!

About Kibago, doesn't it seem likely that Kibago will evolve into Ononokusu (aka Axehead)? If so, I really doubt Dragon/Poison will be it's typing.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm really interested in whatever changes they bring up for Doubles. And I really hope that Triples won't be just a mass of in-between round messages and a couple of turns.

Oh, and I'd like them to explain how are things like Explosion and (especially) Earthquake going to work if a Pokémon on the side uses them, according to the mechanics that have been released so far. I know, I know, logic≠Pokémon, but still… I hope there's a line for that somewhere.
From the information that's been released so far, we can make an educated guess. I believe that a Pokémon on one side of the battlefield using, say, Earthquake, will hit its adjacent ally and the two opponent Pokémon closest to it, but not the farthest opponent or ally. A Pokémon in the middle can hit all other Pokémon with such an attack.

If I had to make a prediction about damage, I'd guess that as long as any such attack is hitting more than one target, it'll get its damage cut by 25%, just like double battles in 4th gen. So having a Pokémon in the center slot is an advantage because it can target all other Pokémon, but it's also a disadvantage because all other Pokémon can target it.

I agree with you, most legendaries have a higher Sp. Def. If he doesn't get a strong physical electric move (like I'm hoping with Tsutaja), there's always the Special sweeper part of it

From the information that's been released so far, we can make an educated guess. I believe that a Pokémon on one side of the battlefield using, say, Earthquake, will hit its adjacent ally and the two opponent Pokémon closest to it, but not the farthest opponent or ally. A Pokémon in the middle can hit all other Pokémon with such an attack.

If I had to make a prediction about damage, I'd guess that as long as any such attack is hitting more than one target, it'll get its damage cut by 25%, just like double battles in 4th gen. So having a Pokémon in the center slot is an advantage because it can target all other Pokémon, but it's also a disadvantage because all other Pokémon can target it.
Iirc, the official website said something about the middle attacker unleashing super powerful attacks. I'm thinking the middle attacker won't receive a damage reduction, so you will want to have your Earthquaker or Exploder in the slot. I'm not 100% sure on this.

Just as a point of reference, the only pokemon that resists both of Reshiram's STABs is Heatran, whereas for Zekrom it's only Steelix. On that basis alone, I would rather be using Zekrom, as Steelix is far less common than heatran, and I suspect this will always be the case (unless Steelix gets an epic revamp)

Yes, I believe the rumor said the new Uzarai attack is Stone Edge's stats and Physical, just Electric typed... so that really makes sense as Zekrom's signature move. Zekrom will have no trouble punching through Kyogre with this physical Electric STAB - especially if Uzarai gains perfect accuracy during rain like Thunder does!
God I hope that's the case for Uzarai. We all learned how Stone Edge can sometime fail us in our darkest hours, and having elemental version of it doesn't help any more. Christ why can't they boost Stone Edge and it's elemental cousin's accuracy to around 90 so they can be more useful.

It's interesting how close Reshiram's amd Zekrom's typings are in terms of weaknesses.
They are both weak to Dragon and Ground just having Rock and Ice as the last weakness respectively.

IMO, the rumored abilities raise stats when the appropriately typed move is used ON IT!
It just seems unlikely to me that a Pokemon would get boosts just from attacking with moves of a certain type.
It's not impossible since Legendaries keep getting more powerful but I'm leaving room for a possible translation gaffe.
If it's the case, and assuming the move has to do damage for the boost to trigger, get ready to switch in those Groudon and Heatran.

i just checked the sky blue again and those Dragon pokes are after the national Issue dex, which may point to evos of current pokes, and now it makes me think they may be really fake, who can evolve into Poison/Dragon?? Drapion?? also pure Dragon??

God I hope that's the case for Uzarai. We all learned how Stone Edge can sometime fail us in our darkest hours, and having elemental version of it doesn't help any more. Christ why can't they boost Stone Edge and it's elemental cousin's accuracy to around 90 so they can be more useful.
if stone edge had 90% accuracy and 90 power i would run over rock slide any day.

Uh, well, it's kinda really cheap to use Ubers in any tier other than Ubers. Otherwise you're just giving yourself an unfair advantage.

On Topic: I'm starting to hope the Sky rumours are false, as it looks like the Ground/Bug and Fire/Dark 'mon won't be Houndoom/Pinsir evos, and it appears to make Zekrom Physical, which means it misses out on being able to abuse Thunder, which is one of the best moves to get STAB on in Ubers (120BP+STAB, 100% accuracy, and a 30% paralysis chance)

I'm hoping for Zekrom to be mixed, personally, and for TurboBlaze/TeraVoltage to be like Adaptability for Fire/Electric only. If Zek's mixed he can abuse Outrage and Thunder. If he's physical, it misses good Electric STAB, and if it's special, it's restricted to Draco Meteor (which, let's face it, would never be used if we had a Dragon-type Fire Blast - just look at Overheat) or the weak Dragon Pulse for Dragon STAB.
If you're like me, I don't play competetively. Not saying I don't respect it, I just don't agree with it all. Every pokemon is able to sweep by themselves, imo. Obviously, you know what I mean, not pokemon like kakuna xD

It's interesting how close Reshiram's amd Zekrom's typings are in terms of weaknesses.
They are both weak to Dragon and Ground just having Rock and Ice as the last weakness respectively.

IMO, the rumored abilities raise stats when the appropriately typed move is used ON IT!
It just seems unlikely to me that a Pokemon would get boosts just from attacking with moves of a certain type.
It's not impossible since Legendaries keep getting more powerful but I'm leaving room for a possible translation gaffe.
If it's the case, and assuming the move has to do damage for the boost to trigger, get ready to switch in those Groudon and Heatran.
I doubt it, because then TeraVoltage would just be a copied form of Motor Drive/Volt Absorb, just raising Attack, and I do not want that. And.. GROUDON??? I would put more question marks if I could, if you switch Groudon in to a Fire Blast, it's history.

i just checked the sky blue again and those Dragon pokes are after the national Issue dex, which may point to evos of current pokes, and now it makes me think they may be really fake, who can evolve into Poison/Dragon?? Drapion?? also pure Dragon??
Dratini's real evolution and not the barney we had instead? That would be a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)