Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're hiding something, actually a lot, under the fog around the mountains on the east side of the map. If you look closely, there's a white square in the fog just east of the carnival city, and there are clearly paths east of both the carnival city and the evil-fortress city (north of the lake) that go off into the fog on the east side of the eastern river. You can also see a path east of the eastern mountains where the fog breaks up; the only other places without trees are obviously walkable, so that area will be, too.

In the "National Park" like area right smack dab in the middle of the region, the map art has an interesting cyclone structure. However, if you hover over the speech bubble, it looks like that is the structure in the screenshot and it is partly buried underground. Perhaps certain events make it "grow"? I can't think of what purpose that would serve, though.

Serebii just announced a Kanto Starter promotion from the dream world.

They confirmed that there will be different abilities, but did not specify!!

I can't really thing what would be an improvement, but probably anything for those 3!

-ninja'd-

Serebii just announced a Kanto Starter promotion from the dream world.

They confirmed that there will be different abilities, but did not specify!!

I can't really thing what would be an improvement, but probably anything for those 3!

-ninja'd-
Oh wow! I wonder if, each and every pokemon will get an alternate ability! ;3 I can't wait to find out what the starters abilities will be.

They're hiding something, actually a lot, under the fog around the mountains on the east side of the map. If you look closely, there's a white square in the fog just east of the carnival city, and there are clearly paths east of both the carnival city and the evil-fortress city (north of the lake) that go off into the fog on the east side of the eastern river. You can also see a path east of the eastern mountains where the fog breaks up; the only other places without trees are obviously walkable, so that area will be, too.
Yeah, the clouds are def hiding a lot, but I'm not so sure about the white (and the brownish, to the left of the white) square on the mountain. Looks a bit... squarish to me.

Also, there seem to be a LOT of caves. One north of the railway, another east of carnivalplace, it looks like a bunch in the desert, one southwest of the black/white city, one in the ice mountain to the west (assuming that those two cave entrances are for one cave) and the other cave entrance on the brown mountain north-west of the ice mountain. damn. That means a lot of Koromoris... =/

EDIT:oh my gawd i want bulbasaur with chlorophyll. Venasaur with x2 speed (and the instant solar beam youll be getting in sun too) sounds pretty beast.

a white square and a brown square in fog? sounds like a mystery one can only adventure into themselves to see what it is. cant wait.

Oh wow! I wonder if, each and every pokemon will get an alternate ability! ;3 I can't wait to find out what the starters abilities will be.
Probably not, it will likely be restricted to pokemon who currently have only 1 ability. Otherwise, upon evolution the ability would change back to what it would have been normally. We're not likely to see a new Scizor, for example, but Dragonite is plausible.

As for starters, I think Intimidate might work well for Charizard. It would give him something to differentiate himself from Moltres.. And he could end up giving Arcanine a run for his money. 'Zard is faster, stronger specially (a bit), and has a much better movepool. Still you're trading that for 4x SR weak instead of 2, and giving up Extremespeed.

Not sure about the others, Blastoise might get something lame like Shell Armour. Granted, that is still probably better than Torrent for him (do any water starters use torrent besides Empoleon?).

EDIT: LMAO, got ninja'd with the same ability ideas while I was writing up why Intimidate Zard would rock.

I assumed Charizard would earn Intimidate, Venusaur would be getting Solar Power, and Blastoise would be getting Swift Swim. It would help give each a bit more niche, as Charizard wouldn't be reliant on Drumming or SubSalac and Venusaur could be used offensively in the Sun with it's already great speed. Blastoise might still be somewhat tankish, so I'm not sure if it would be getting something like Shell Armor or not. Part of me wants it to earn an ability duplicate of Solid Rock. :3

Some things I've noticed:

The icy mountain on the west side of the map - There are two entrances to it, one of them seems open while the other has something which looks like spider web blocking it?

Also, the desert above hiun city - The ruins there seem rather modern... also, if just using geographic features, you can pretty much split the region into two halves vertically and it'll be about equal. Perhaps the desert in the middle was place of some epic battle between Reshiram and Zekrom which both ruled half of sinnoh equally? Also, there's a town/building a bit above the tornado thingy or whatever it is, which seems to be half black and half blue, with black structure in the middle. Perhaps one half of the region is highly technological while the other is sort of nature based? (If that's true, it would support theory of black town and white forest being in other places). It seems that west side is technological (well, maybe with the exception of windmills) as it has rather modern looking port, airport, etc. while the east side is more nature based, as the only hints of technology are the 100 year old railway and the abandoned (heh, wonder why it was abandoned)

Also, there are some squares (white and red/orange) behind the clouds on the east ice mountain. Perhaps just a graphical error on the map, but it might be something interesting...
I think if they were going to split the region into a "modern side" and "simple side", then they wouldn't have any exceptions. The windmills on the same side as the airport kind of ruin that theory.

What I think is likely is that the map we see is kind of a combination of features in Black and White. If the map was specifically for the gameplay of either Black OR White there would be some significant differences. Although that's just a theory.

What I think is likely is that the map we see is kind of a combination of features in Black and White. If the map was specifically for the gameplay of either Black OR White there would be some significant differences. Although that's just a theory.
That would explain why the city in the top is half black and half white (or pale blue). It's probably the city in the screenshots that just changes how it looks depending on the version

Speaking of improving Hail, Ice types should really resist Dragon and Grass as well. Ice resisting Dragon immediately takes it from a horrible defensive type to 'situationally manageable', and resisting Grass makes perfect sense with planets not wanting to hit frost/ice.
I would like another Dragon resist, but please no more Grass resists. It's already a shitty offensive type. I feel that if the type chart is changed it should be changed so that the types are more balanced, not to make shitty types even worse.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Remember that these starters and Pokemon acquired in the Dream World most likely won't be compatible with egg moves so keep that in mind.

As a long time Blastoise fan I'd love to see him finally get something to further differentiate him from the other bulky waters but I can only really see this being Shell Armor.

As for Venusaur, here's a list of the standard 'grass type abilities.'

- Chlorophyll
- Leaf Guard
- Effect Spore
- Solar Power
- Natural Cure
- Flower Gift

Considering the whole 'The plant blooms when it is absorbing solar energy. It stays on the move to seek sunlight' pokedex entries, the smart money would be on Chlorophyll, Solar Power or maybe even Leaf Guard.

Charizard's tricky as the versatility he has always been presented with means this could be pretty much anything but I wouldn't be surprised if we got something lame like Inner Focus or perhaps Flame Body.

We also need to be open to the possibility that they'll have new abilities we haven't yet heard of.

Interesting stuff though, glad that GameFreak aren't completely rejecting the classics in favor of new 'mons.

Blastoise with Shell Armor is probably better than Torrent, anyways. It's not confirmed, but I think that's the most likely ability for him.

Venusaur with Chlorophyll would be pretty cool. It has Sleep Powder by level up anyways, so it's not losing its best support move. It also learns Growth by level up, so it could run a mixed set with Growth / Earthquake / Sludge Bomb / Energy Ball. Now Solar Power would be fucking sweet. Venusaur reminds me of one of those Pokemon that would have that ability. Choice Specs Solar Power Venusaur's Leaf Storm would do 41.1% - 48.4% to CB Scizor. lolz.

Charizard seems like a candidate for Encourage. I don't know why, but that ability seems really fitting for any Pokemon. It could also get Intimidate, or Flash Fire, but none of these abilities will help it from that Stealth Rock weakness.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of improving Hail, Ice types should really resist Dragon and Grass as well. Ice resisting Dragon immediately takes it from a horrible defensive type to 'situationally manageable', and resisting Grass makes perfect sense with planets not wanting to hit frost/ice.
Oh fuck no. I totally agree with Ice resisting Dragon, but do you seriously want Grass being resisted by EIGHT types? Nah. I dare say resisting Dragon, having their Defense boosted during Hail and Close Combat, Draco Meteor and Outrage all having their Base Power reduced by 20 would be enough to make Ice a bad type (nowadays it's abysmal).

Oh fuck no. I totally agree with Ice resisting Dragon, but do you seriously want Grass being resisted by EIGHT types? Nah. I dare say resisting Dragon, having their Defense boosted during Hail and Close Combat, Draco Meteor and Outrage all having their Base Power reduced by 20 would be enough to make Ice a bad type (nowadays it's abysmal).
OK I agree with you on lowering the BP of Draco Meteor and Outrage, but why Close Combat? Earthquake has 100 BP, with absolutely no side effects. Ground is resisted by Bug, Flying, Grass, and Levitate. Fighting is resisted by Bug, Flying, Ghost, Poison, and Psychic. The lowering of both defenses is why Close Combat has the extra 20 BP.

What would make Swift Swim Blastoise remotely decent? There are already a ton of Swift Swimmers, and Blastoise doesn't have much attacking power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)