Pokemon Cards: Difference between...

Hello guys! Basicially, today I purchased a pack of http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3904804/Trail/searchtext>POKEMON.htm and I was wondering what are the difference between the ones I've bought and the other new Black and white cards? For example ''Noble Victories'' is a new trading card cards, coming out this November. The series list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_Trading_Card_Game_sets look at:
The Fifth Generation Sets
2.4.1 Black and White Base Set
2.4.2 Black and White – Emerging Powers
2.4.3 Black and White – Noble Victories

I mean, all that is all 5th gen Poke's.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say lol.

EDIT - First time collecting Poke cards -

Really apprreciated if someone care to explain to me :)
Thanks! <3

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SeaNanners you could avoid looking like a spambot so much by having a signature and/or avatar

I'm not proud that I was tricked by a spambot.... Also, how come there isn't a Pokemon card section? =/

hi i have a recording device and a mic

edit: dunno how many Pokemon TCG players/collectors there are here, sorry :(

also unbadged users can't have images in their sigs

Fuck it, I'll just give the serious answer since I'm bored and actually play the TCG (have been since release).

What you linked are the boosters from the BW set. In the TCG nowdays, cards are usually released in a block of familiar series that, more or less, follow whatever newest game is out at the time (though in the event the game sorta sits around without a new filler one, they may make a new block of card sets too). So BW is the first set of the whole BW series/block of cards; EP (Emerging Powers) was the most recent, with Noble Victories (NV) being the ones that are just about to come out in a week or two. Older sets follow this pattern as well; HGSS series began with the HGSS set, then went on to release Unleashed, Undaunted, Triumphant, and Call of Legends.

Now what you should be concerned mainly with is if they're legal for the current modified format when you go to buy cards; sets are rotated out each year, usually 4-5 or so. Currently the format is HGSS-On, which means any card set from the HGSS base set and ones released thereafter are legal for play (the other format is unlimited, which can be any set, but no one ever plays that since it's not supported). So in this case, those BW boosters you bought would be legal for play.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Fuck it, I'll just give the serious answer since I'm bored and actually play the TCG (have been since release).

What you linked are the boosters from the BW set. In the TCG nowdays, cards are usually released in a block of familiar series that, more or less, follow whatever newest game is out at the time (though in the event the game sorta sits around without a new filler one, they may make a new block of card sets too). So BW is the first set of the whole BW series/block of cards; EP (Emerging Powers) was the most recent, with Noble Victories (NV) being the ones that are just about to come out in a week or two. Older sets follow this pattern as well; HGSS series began with the HGSS set, then went on to release Unleashed, Undaunted, Triumphant, and Call of Legends.

Now what you should be concerned mainly with is if they're legal for the current modified format when you go to buy cards; sets are rotated out each year, usually 4-5 or so. Currently the format is HGSS-On, which means any card set from the HGSS base set and ones released thereafter are legal for play (the other format is unlimited, which can be any set, but no one ever plays that since it's not supported). So in this case, those BW boosters you bought would be legal for play.

SeaNanners, join Smogons MW2 and Black Ops group, we'll teach you a thing or two!

Thank you so much sir :)
I understand now lol. You're very nice :D

I'm not proud that I was tricked by a spambot.... Also, how come there isn't a Pokemon card section? =/
I made a TCG Discussion thread in the hopes that we would generate enough activity to make them consider it more seriously. People should post questions like this thread's in the TCG discussion thread :P

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454825

Also, yeah, as Shinryu summed up, booster packs come in sets that generally reflect the recent games. Most important is to know which sets are standard legal if you plan on playing. But if you're just a collector, then anything will do I suppose :)

Hope you got a full art Reshi or Zekrom in your packs seananners :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)