Pokemon ECG (Electronic Card Game)

I was thinking of starting a new 'fan-project' (don't laugh) regarding Pokemon TCG.

I just wanted to see what you all thought about this project I was thinking about embarking on since D/P has fully revitalized my 'Pokemon Spirit', but I want to try my hand at coming up with something to do for Pokemon other than than battling online.

So I was thinking of a Electronic Pokemon Card game to be played using the CardTable Program ( http://cardtable.sourceforge.net/ ) that allows you to "play any card game over the internet"

=======

Now some of us have fond memories of the Pokemon TCG, but looking on it now, it is so crazy and complicated and god knows what I'd have all kinds of trouble just trying to figure out what the hell to do with it... so I began thinking "Hey, let's make something up ourselves...", and so here it is the alpha version of my idea:

( Since all the text I would need to include would take up FAR too much room, I am going to link Text Files and a Preview Picture )
http://www.geocities.com/aoiryumusha/PECG/PKMN_ECG.txt <| V 1 of the Rule Sheet
http://www.geocities.com/aoiryumusha/PECG/SamplePKMN.txt <| Some sample Pokemon
http://www.geocities.com/aoiryumusha/PECG/SampleITEM.txt <| Some sample Items

http://www.geocities.com/aoiryumusha/PECG/PECG_Preview.JPG <| Example Card Pictures

=========

As I said this is just the Alpha Stage idea I was kicking around, but I think this would be a good side project for me (in a creative and Pokemon-releated sense)
And I think it could lead us all to think of Pokemon in more esoteric (I bet I'm using that word wrong) terms instead of the rote numbers that some -might- think of them as

This idea tickles me, though it is currently hard to imagine. What would you presume an example card would look like? Once one aspect of it gets solidly developed, the rest should come easily.

Anything's better than the boredom that is the official Pokemon TCG. Only the original stuff was any good, the new stuff sucks...

Anything's better than the boredom that is the official Pokemon TCG. Only the original stuff was any good, the new stuff sucks...
At reasonable levels of competence the old game was far beyond horrible, if you could call opening flips you won alot, otherwise you were screwed.

However as far as TCG's go, I'd say last season's pokemon TCG was the most balanced, skill-intensive, and diverse game out. How much DP will screw that up remains to be totally seen.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I was thinking of a Electronic Pokemon Card game to be played using the CardTable Program ( http://cardtable.sourceforge.net/ ) that allows you to "play any card game over the internet"
Just make spoiler files like the Magic: the Gathering spoilers, that way they can be imported in other programs like Apprentice and Mindless Automaton (which is apprentice compatible).

At reasonable levels of competence the old game was far beyond horrible, if you could call opening flips you won alot, otherwise you were screwed.

However as far as TCG's go, I'd say last season's pokemon TCG was the most balanced, skill-intensive, and diverse game out. How much DP will screw that up remains to be totally seen.
I played during the last season. It was the dullest game I've ever played. Slow-paced and highly based on luck-of-the-draw does not make for a good card game. At least the old version is a classic.

Missingno is not the reason why a deck with 1 mewtwo and 59 energy would fail.

It had 60 HP. The Wigglytuff deck woulda like....one-shotted it.

I dont get why you would think that would work good. lol.

I played during the last season. It was the dullest game I've ever played. Slow-paced and highly based on luck-of-the-draw does not make for a good card game. At least the old version is a classic.
I also played during the last season, with a Banette-EX deck. I also have no idea what you're talking about, it un-broke a LOT of the things that were VERY broken about the classic, and there were other speed decks besides the one I ran. Who/what the hell were YOU playing?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Apprentice currently has everything you might need, and you can set up rules to play only Base-Fossil if you want.

However, as a stat/card/internet junkie, this project does intrigue me. I do enjoy card design at times, and I love the idea of building a new style of pokemon play from the ground up.

I'll give you any assistance you might need.

Apprentice currently has everything you might need, and you can set up rules to play only Base-Fossil if you want.

However, as a stat/card/internet junkie, this project does intrigue me. I do enjoy card design at times, and I love the idea of building a new style of pokemon play from the ground up.

I'll give you any assistance you might need.
I also offer assistance. I will gladly do artwork design, some small older examples of my artwork can be found @ tattereddragon.deviantart.com

I would also like to design cards too. I'd like to see a game where the cards actually, you know, emulate how Pokemon works instead of having weird rules, odd types and illogical resistances and weaknesses.

Technically, that mewtwo deck would lose to anything that would enable people to shuffle cards back into their deck. For instance, he keeps using barrier, he keeps drawing 1 card per turn. All i have to do is to wait till i have like 10 cards in my hand, use something that shuffles my hand into the deck (and draw 7 new cards or whatever) and i'll win.

Edit: I'll play if it comes out, and i can help a lot with the grammatical and spelling checks.

P.S: Although i've never seen one work before...

Play MTG. It's a lot more balanced that pokemon, and the deck archetype variety is massive. In type two alone there are over 15 competitive deck types that can be constructed. Competitive is meaning they have won Regionals, states, or high-profile PTQs.

I loved the TCG, the only problem was that I didn't really want to spend the cash to buy good cards. But I had a lot of fun with the GBC TCG game so I would definitely like an online version. I don't know if I could help out much but I wish you luck if you decide to go on with it!

The problem with Pokemon is that every format is very broken somehow
first it was haymakers than hand disruption then sneasel/king/krow then feraligatr then whatever else shit happened and evantually LBS and now it's holon engine castform shit.

Also whoever was making that electronic card game thing don't bother, someone already made a game like that with OCTGN. it was kinda popular for a while but evantually got shot down by Nintendo. Nintendo knows that Apprentice is not a real substitute for obssessed rich kids and weeaboos but anything that makes the simulation any more realistic gets a Cease and Desist order.

SWCCG (star wars card game) was alot of fun. They always did the whole 'destiny' draw to determine shit and it was a HUGE strategic force behind decks. They often made powerul shit with a low destiny, so it doesn't help you if it's not in your hand. Perhaps what should be done is look at the things that worked well about Magic or SWCCG (or other card games) and basically make them have sex with each other- producing an 'adamant' 'ddtar' of card games, if you will. I can provide the SWCCG info you want, I have lots of those.

BlueDWarrior, out of curiosity, how did you make those cards? I downloaded CardTable, but do not know where to make cards, all I see is to download other sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)