Pokemon Masters

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
So, earlier today they released a new, extremely difficult battle vs Anabel, and while i've personally managed to clear it, it's pretty clear that it requires one of a few very specific team compositions to be actually doable right now. The reward is also only 300 gems, which for the difficulty, is pretty unimpressive

Despite this, I found myself enjoying the event quite a lot, and while it's certainly overtuned for right now, the battle is meant to be permanent content, so presumably there will be new characters upcoming that will be able to do well against the event, they're re-releasing Neo Champion Serena later this month, who is quite possibly the best character you can use for this event

For reference, my team to beat the event was Neo Champion Serena, Neo Champion Calem, and Sygna Suit Kris, all at 3/5 for their move level, and the battle ended up being close for me, to the point where i was beating the last mon with my only mon being Calem's Greninja doing Water Shuriken damage to finish it off

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
With the coming addition of Iono, the list of very good electric supports has increased:

SygSuit Elesa and Rotom

Sonia and Yamper

Holiday 2022 Jasmine and Ampharos

and now Iono and Bellibolt

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I understand that this game isn’t getting very much attention right now, but if anyone’s interested I want to throw my hat into the ring about something I’ve noticed recently about how the game is handling the Hisuian storyline. By this point, we’ve already established that Rei was the one sent into the past because of Volo and the space-time distortions, and we also know that Arceus is watching Pasio, for what purpose remains to be seen.

For now I just want to focus on Rei’s role as the Hisuian protagonist. This would mean Akari is the one who was already living there, and since Lucas and Dawn have met them in this game, it stands to reason that Lucas and Rei aren’t the same person. But if Dawn herself is treated as Sinnoh’s protagonist, and Akari is also her own individual character… all of a sudden it starts to make sense why Rei was selected. I’ll spare you the details, but the incredibly long story turned short is that, at least in the BDSP/Legends version of events, Rei and someone else (I’d imagine the game isn’t ever going to specify who because no one including myself wants to have that conversation regarding a game for all ages) would have eventually gotten together and from there, over the course of time Lucas would eventually be the ancestral descendant of those two while leaving Dawn as her own separate character to go on a journey through Sinnoh in the modern day so the events of Gen 4 are still able to canonically occur.

As for what any of this means for future story events- I would imagine Arceus knows about all of this, and whether or not it was Arceus itself or possibly Volo who sent both Rei and Akari into Pasio, both of them being there regardless of who is the protagonist seems very important for something to happen to continue the storyline along.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I understand that this game isn’t getting very much attention right now, but if anyone’s interested I want to throw my hat into the ring about something I’ve noticed recently about how the game is handling the Hisuian storyline. By this point, we’ve already established that Rei was the one sent into the past because of Volo and the space-time distortions, and we also know that Arceus is watching Pasio, for what purpose remains to be seen.

For now I just want to focus on Rei’s role as the Hisuian protagonist. This would mean Akari is the one who was already living there, and since Lucas and Dawn have met them in this game, it stands to reason that Lucas and Rei aren’t the same person. But if Dawn herself is treated as Sinnoh’s protagonist, and Akari is also her own individual character… all of a sudden it starts to make sense why Rei was selected. I’ll spare you the details, but the incredibly long story turned short is that, at least in the BDSP/Legends version of events, Rei and someone else (I’d imagine the game isn’t ever going to specify who because no one including myself wants to have that conversation regarding a game for all ages) would have eventually gotten together and from there, over the course of time Lucas would eventually be the ancestral descendant of those two while leaving Dawn as her own separate character to go on a journey through Sinnoh in the modern day so the events of Gen 4 are still able to canonically occur.

As for what any of this means for future story events- I would imagine Arceus knows about all of this, and whether or not it was Arceus itself or possibly Volo who sent both Rei and Akari into Pasio, both of them being there regardless of who is the protagonist seems very important for something to happen to continue the storyline along.
Yes I am interested
The way you put it is interesting, tho I don't really care about the storylines just how broken the sync pairs are (Rei ad AKari are busted)

Elvira

formerly bruised
The release of the Electric and Ice SV gym leaders are here and they’ve been idle for what? 2 weeks now?

What are our thoughts on them? Are they worth the pull or will they be fan service or favorited boxed units?

Mex

The release of the Electric and Ice SV gym leaders are here and they’ve been idle for what? 2 weeks now?

What are our thoughts on them? Are they worth the pull or will they be fan service or favorited boxed units?
They are both quite strong, worth the pull is not a great term for this game because 99% of content can be done with free / accessible character, but Iono is a funny support who can do some impressive damage for being a support, while Grusha is mostly a tank who can mess with the opponents in a couple different ways. Of the two, Iono is probably the better character, but Grusha has some really nice tools at his disposal

Mex

It might be if you are a complete f2p player and are spending gems wisely.
Even so, gems are better spent pulling characters you like rather than going for "optimal strength". The game isnt really that difficult and unless you want to be able to beat the Ultimate Battles or go for crazy long Legendary Gauntlet streaks, worrying about having the best characters in the game isnt something you need to do. If you like Iono and / or Grusha a lot, and you have the gems available to guarantee them, then you should feel free to go for them. If you have no strong feelings towards either, you can feel free to skip and know you can still handle almost all content

The fact that Gladion+Magearna is coming mid-Feb could point to more Alola master fairs for the 4.5 anniversary, which means I am hoarding gems until then.

Although there's a fair shot one of them will be Zeraora, which I like a lot, but pulling on electric pairs feels pointless when I have Ash, SST Red, and NC Blue.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Gladion and Magerna is here!

Here are my opinions:
Its pretty good ngl.
The fact that its stats can't be lowered and the fact that it REFLECTS the stat drops that the ooponent sends out you is crazy. He also can't be affected by STATUS. Lowering the opponent SpA when you hit it with your best move, yeah its pretty good. Plus it also boosts it own speed.

There are also things I don't like.
Its gonna need Move Gauge Accerleration Support, Accuracy Support, and a way to reboost his SpA, as Fleur Cannon lowers your own SpA by two ranks.

Professor Sycamore would be a great Support for Gladion, as it provides Move Acceleration and a way boost his SpA. This might be me, But I like using Lillie and Clefairy because it has accuracy all and Full Power, which will Boost Gladion by a substancial Amount.

Mex

The fact that its stats can't be lowered
and a way to reboost his SpA, as Fleur Cannon lowers your own SpA by two ranks.
Just gonna let you think about that one for a moment

(hes immune to stat drops entirely, does not need)

Accuracy can be an issue but if you get multiple copies you can go grab an Accuracy +10 tile for Fleur Cannon if you want, removing that issue, Gauge is 100% gonna be a thing for him though

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I am the one person keeping this thread alive :(
So in Pokemon Presents we see that Geeta and Champion SIlver are coming out. My thoughts right now for Silver are:

• He's gonna spam those Stone Edges and his Buddy Move with that crazy Passive Skill:
Fuel Economy 1: Decreases the amount of move gauge slots the user's Pokémon needs to use moves by 1.
  • He gets a Mega as well? Holy Crap
  • HIs EX Role just makes him even more broken WTF
For Geeta:
  • She would be great with Oleana as a partner first glance
  • I'm confused by one of her passive skills: "Top Champion's Talent: Increases the amount of move gauge slots needed to use Mortal Spin and Mortal Spin by two and powers up both moves. Except in certain circumstances, successful hits with the user's following attacks become critical hits: Pokémon's moves or sync move." Does this mean that they are like 3-4 move gauges?

Mex

• I'm confused by one of her passive skills: "Top Champion's Talent: Increases the amount of move gauge slots needed to use Mortal Spin and Mortal Spin by two and powers up both moves. Except in certain circumstances, successful hits with the user's following attacks become critical hits: Pokémon's moves or sync move." Does this mean that they are like 3-4 move gauges?
Yeah, it would work like the "Hit The Gas" passive, increasing the power and gauge cost for the moves, by two rather than one in this case though for both to be 4 gauge moves

The only thing in the upcoming update that is a surefire drain on gems is Hisuian Zoroark, which I did not expect to be paired with Iridia.

I pulled for Gladion & Magearna after seeing the rest of the upcoming units, since I could definitely use a better fairy damage dealer and I like Magearna well enough. Thankfully I didn't have to go to pity for it, but it took several multis.

Depending on how quickly Iridia arrives maybe I'd consider Geeta since I like Glimmora.

Edit: I ended up just pulling for Geeta anyways since I had the gems, and I got her second multi (and a dead one at that), so I decided to push my luck and pull for Deoxys, which I got on first multi, so I decided to push my luck further and also pull for Lusamine, who I also got on first multi. I guess this more than makes up for not getting anything from the ticket pulls, and for having to pity Wallace and Blacephalon. Of course by law of averages Irida and Zoroark may not be so kind. :P

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
The only thing in the upcoming update that is a surefire drain on gems is Hisuian Zoroark, which I did not expect to be paired with Iridia.

I pulled for Gladion & Magearna after seeing the rest of the upcoming units, since I could definitely use a better fairy damage dealer and I like Magearna well enough. Thankfully I didn't have to go to pity for it, but it took several multis.

Depending on how quickly Iridia arrives maybe I'd consider Geeta since I like Glimmora.

Edit: I ended up just pulling for Geeta anyways since I had the gems, and I got her second multi (and a dead one at that), so I decided to push my luck and pull for Deoxys, which I got on first multi, so I decided to push my luck further and also pull for Lusamine, who I also got on first multi. I guess this more than makes up for not getting anything from the ticket pulls, and for having to pity Wallace and Blacephalon. Of course by law of averages Irida and Zoroark may not be so kind. :P
Where are you getting these gems are you buying them?

Where are you getting these gems are you buying them?
No, I just hoard the free gems from events until there's something I really want. I try to keep at least 2 pities worth of gems on hand to ensure I can get the units I want most (1 "pity" = 36.6k gems, the amount you need to hit "scout points" where you can pick the unit you want on a banner). The only money I've put into this game is a dollar here or there from google play credit.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
No, I just hoard the free gems from events until there's something I really want. I try to keep at least 2 pities worth of gems on hand to ensure I can get the units I want most (1 "pity" = 36.6k gems, the amount you need to hit "scout points" where you can pick the unit you want on a banner). The only money I've put into this game is a dollar here or there from google play credit.
holy crap....... I wish I were you and I had gems like that.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I opened Masters EX yesterday (I haven't been able to play much recently) And I find that you can have titles and Profile Pictures (I guess?)
I love the new addition.
In other words, they gave Gloria and Zacian for Free, as well as Red and Snorlax and something else I forgot. I chose Gloria. Someone tell me I made the right choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)