Pokemon online teams!

What is your favorite tank pokemon out of the selections below?

• Skarmory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shuckle

• Bronzong

• Jirachi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello! I am creating this tread to spark discussion on pokemon online teams. Please rate my current pokemon online team and give suggestions to modify my team. You can also talk about your own teams on this tread!

My Current Pokemon Online Team:

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Ferrothorn is my favorite tank pokemon. Using the combination of toxic, leech seed, stealth rock, then protect has been extremely effective. Ferrothorn only has the weaknesses of fire (x4) and fighting (x2). I use Ferrothorn to take out bugs, grasses, waters, darks, rocks, grounds, and ghost while regainning all Ferrothorn's health. Ferrothorn is also effective in double battles while used with Hydreigon. Hydreigon can use surf with Ferrothorn losing little health. Ferrothorn takes out almost ever thick room strategy I have faced.
Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 156 Def / 252 SAtk / 100 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Torment
Thundurus is the main special sweeper of this team. Thunderbolt does alot of damage to even types that it is not very effective. With prankster, I may paralysis my opponent to bring their speed lower then Darkria, Thundurus, Ho-oh, and Hydreigon without having to deal some of my opponents pokemon being faster then Thundurus. If the opponent appears to revolve around non attacking moves such as my Ferrothorn, Thundurus can use prankster to torment the opponent and kill most tanks off.
Hydreigon (M) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Protect
Hydreigon:special attack sweeper that wraps up the move pool of the team by having flamethrower and surf. Dragon pulse is a good STAB move to help defeat many opponents.
Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sky Drop
Skarmory is another tank. Unlike Ferrothorn, Skarmory has a higher speed to work with. I usually use Toxic, spikes, and then sky drop to kill most physical sweepers and other tanks. Skarmory and Ferrothorn I sometimes use in a combination to add stealth rock as well as spikes to effectively burn the opponent right from the start and cause them to think twice about switching their pokemon which will allow me to take control of the battle easily.
Ho-Oh @ Fire Gem
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Protect
Ho-oh has the ability to use the great STAB move of heat wave. This kills all steel, grass, bug, and ice pokemon. Tailwind allows most of my team to attack first which gives me an adventage over my opponent. Roost allows Ho-oh to heal and protect is used to fake out opponents, usually while Darkria is on the field to use dark void and place one of the opponents asleep (Sleep Clause).
Darkrai @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 128 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Roar of Time
- Spacial Rend
Now, Darkria has been one of my favorite pokemon when he was releashed. He has awesome speed and the infamous dark void. Darkria is my leader of the team. First, I use darkrai to place one of my opponents pokemon to sleep. Spacial Rend adds a way to kill dragons without having an ice type or using hydreigon and put him at risk. Roar of Time is a powerful move that I usually only use if I know it is the last turn of the game and do not want my opponent to stall out the battle. Dark pulse acts as a STAB move for darkrai and allows him to flinch opponents here and then. Darkria also only has the weakness of fighting and bug with can easily be defeated by Skarmory, Ho-oh, and Thundurus. I use his low weaknesses to my advantage by switching him in at cleaver times.

I know that this is considered a 5th gen Ubers in tiers.
If you may, may someone give me a suggestion to replace Ho-oh and Darkria so this team would be Wifi useable while still not crushing the strategy? Also, what is a good suggestion instead of using leftovers on the majority of my pokemon?
This team is used for double and single battle formats.
I will be sure to update here and then so keep coming back! Good Chatting!:nerd:

Thanks for fixing, to a rate:
a major thing i've noticed is the random EV distribution. Try looking in the smogon pokedex for normalising or enabling your team mates to do their jobs better. For example running more hp evs on ferrothorn or more speed evs on darkrai or ho-oh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)