Pokemon Reverse Red: Hack in Progress

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a hack I've worked on for the past year based on the idea you could do the entire story of FR/LG in reverse gym order. This hack is a load of theorymon into practice, and currently it its not complete.

This hack:
-Starts against Viridian Gym
-Really messed around with order of gym badges and HM distribution (so Pokemon will always obey you)
-Nerfed Surf and Strength because they are really OP as you get them first
-Made Pokemon from both FR/LG available, in addition Krabby is available on Route 22 with Tangela for easy surf access
-Gives you running shoes right away (talk to May outside your house)

This hack is not:
-A complete gameplay experience, I'm very rarely changing the actual script at the moment, for example Giovanni gives you Dig, but says he's giving you EQ.
-Keeping areas untouched, some cities have been heavily modified to work in the new order, you can't get into Safari Zone right away for example. Some areas are more finished than others as well
-Completely balanced, there is still probably a ton of work to do but I've been sitting on this for a year now and would enjoy hearing some feedback.
-A product of a genius hacker, this is testing game theory more than anything. If you see May or some flowers pointing to a sign that wasn't there before that is probably important

Here is the patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/144tgxfpvch040p/Pokemon - ReverseRedv1.ips

If you don't know what to do with an ips patch look here: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=15D1KAywrhAt8h5Ra70PMkZ8lJkzvbzvu4weUI46J4Kk#h.lt2t9b1a1gue

You will need a copy of FireRed to play this.

Currently you can get through the first 4 gyms. I would above all like to hear your feedback, especially on things like level balance, item placement, and if you think I forgot to change something (wtf I have two badges an level 38 trainer hax hax hax). Look forward to hearing from you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)