Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

It's interesting to me that Japan says 3.0.1 is "late January 2024" but the English notice (Dragon Cheer isnt up yet, but the earlier one still is) says "Mid" (or later).

I kind of assumed it was just wishywashy writing around coming with the Epilogue activation on the 11th, which would properly unlock the event for everyone, but now I wonder if it is in fact just tied to a Mystery Gift and they just didn't say it.
Or it got pushed back to fix this.

https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/en/page/189.html
English version of the page (they say the same mid-January 2024 or later).

1704429160887.png

1704429230624.png

Despite being allowed online, Play Pokemon has decided that Dragon Cheer is banned at in-person events anyway.

From my understanding from this, a bug is when the "problem" exists, and "patch" after it is resolved. So bug = patch, officially. That's super interesting because "bug" sounds unprofessional but patch does not.
Not really. They still call bugs as fixed bugs in patch notes after the fact, usually being the first time the issue is acknowledged like with the Order Up nerf and Neutralizing Gas/paradox ability mechanics change. The Metal Sound TM recipe issue is also more like a human error on the planning level but they called that a bug too.

I did forget that TPC addressed Play Rough being visually bugged in raids dating to at least November 30th (Twitter screenshot)/December 2nd (archive), but it was only fixed in February with 1.2.0. So I guess it's an improvement that we're hearing about these bugs after knowing when the patch should release rather than before.

Going back to the soundtracks, dogasu put his little write ups for them and that included some information on stuff in the pamphlet. All 3 games get development artwork, a recap of the story and some creator messages:
SWSH: Creators' messages from Go Ichinose (Game Freak), Minako Adachi (Game Freak), Junichi Masuda, and Hitomi Sato

LA: Creators' messages from Go Ichinose (Game Freak) and Hitomi Sato

SV: Creators' messages from Go Ichinose (Game Freak), Minako Adachi (Game Freak), Teruo Taniguchi, and Toby Fox
LA will also get a section that points out which songs from DP were used as the basis for the new songs.

Hope someone translates these when the soundtracks drop; They're probably not very long but I always like seeing insight and I know some folks here really like Go Ichinose in particular.

The Development Artwork stuff will also be pretty interesting for SWSH specifically; LA had its artbook iirc and SV had those GDC talks but I'm not sure we've seen SWSH concept art? That should be fun since some of the set pieces look pretty nice.

Presumbly the caught location is Terarium, which means that these clones will get caught very easily by hack checks if they are not also naturally obtainable in Terarium in the same biomes as Smeargle.

I finished Indigo Disk today! My base thoughts:

Big W's:

-it was fun
-good music (better than dlc1)
-good new pokemon
-I liked Kieran, Lacey and Drayton
-good amount of difficulty (If my team didn't have a big type advantage, it'd take down a few of my Pokemon)
-lots of secrets/easter eggs
-I liked how experimental it was

Big L's:

-no performance patch
-a lot of "cutscene - walk - cutscene" syndrome, thought we were past this
-
briar not being a real villain was an L

Video detailing the entire backstory of Pecharunt & the Loyal 3 that is not actually i nthe game

not surprisingly it's "What if Momotaro was a complete jerk"

e:
Can also obtain the Neo-Kitakami Phone Case with the code " NE0R0T0MCOVER "

And here's the official art of Pecharunt

And the flavor part of its write up
Uses Its Cunning to Survive by Feeding Binding Mochi to Others
This Pokémon rolls up poison secreted from its shell to make Binding Mochi, which it serves to people and Pokémon. Pecharunt then uses chains to control those who eat its Binding Mochi, which is not only delicious but also appears to bring out the deepest desires and powers of those who eat it.
Pecharunt can also be very sly. For example, it will feign weakness by weeping and acting like a baby to gain the sympathy of others.

Off to Kitakami to Obtain the Masks
There is a theory that long ago, Pecharunt traveled to the land of Kitakami together with the Loyal Three, each of whom it had subjugated using its Binding Mochi—all to obtain certain masks coveted by an elderly couple who lived with Pecharunt.
Pecharunt found itself embroiled in battle with Ogerpon over the masks—ultimately resulting in Pecharunt’s defeat. It withdrew into its shell and, over time, became known to the locals as the Never-Rotting Peach. What appears to be a mere decoration in a shop is in fact Pecharunt, eagerly awaiting its time to return.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually it's very interesting to see another side of the story to the Tale of Kitakami, the tale of Ogerpon, Pecharunt, and the Loyal Three.

With the way it was told in Teal Mask it's very easy to simplify it to Pecharunt and the Loyal Three being purely "evil" but now we know why Pecharunt and the Loyal Three were even there to begin with and why they wanted Ogerpon's masks.

Pecharunt and the Loyal Three's tale does very much mirror the classic tale of Momotaro, including it being taken care of by an old couple. But now this tale as it's told offers a new perspective to Pecharunt and the Loyal Three's perspective, being that Pecharunt inadvertently drew out the wishes of the old couple and as time went on they were the ones who wanted Ogerpon's masks, and Pecharunt went on an adventure with its three retainers to get them because it wanted to make them happy.

Also puts more of Pecharunt's nature into light, it is in fact very timid and more than anything wanted to be loved.

And if I'm not mistaken it seems Okidogi was its first retainer, and had been serving it ever since it had been with the old couple. Perhaps Okidogi was responsible for gathering and delivering what the old couple wanted way back then?

Pretty cool to see the other perspective and putting Pecharunt and the three's side of the story into light. Goes to show that one side's hero can be the other side's villain, and that it's not as simple as them being "evil". It seems Pecharunt itself comes off as relatively innocent at heart but ended up ruining Ogerpon's life in doing so, inciting Ogerpon's wrath.

Honestly this makes all of them (and Ogerpon)'s story even cooler, the fact that in the grand scope, there's no true "hero" or "villain" in the story when you have every perspective. It was something that became a conflict that ended poorly for both Pecharunt and Ogerpon in the end, and led to a bitter enmity between them.

Last edited:
The website updated today with official art (& profiles) for the remaining new Pokemon.
This did include Ogerpon with its other masks, but surprisingly Stellar Terapagos is only represented through in-game screenshots.

Nothing especially new but we also got confirmation that Ogerpon was designed by Ariga, and he drew some cute ogerpons to go with it.

The Version 3.0.1 patch for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet has been confirmed to release on February 1st 2024. This update will include a variety of bug fixes including a fix to the Dragon Cheer move, where the move has the effect last after a Pokémon switches out, and the alteration of the ingredients that make TM223.
So that should arrive the night of the 31st for certain regions.

3.0.1 is now downloadable.

Japanese patch notes (also summarized on Serebii): https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/ja/page/190.html
They explicitly mention removing Shieldon Claw as a material for the Metal Sound TM, Dragon Cheer, Inkay softlock, getting stuck between the Item Printer, the Calyrex relearn move thing where it can relearn some DLC fusion-only TM moves after being separated, and "other issues".

3.0.1 is now downloadable.

Japanese patch notes (also summarized on Serebii): https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/ja/page/190.html
They explicitly mention removing Shieldon Claw as a material for the Metal Sound TM, Dragon Cheer, Inkay softlock, getting stuck between the Item Printer, the Calyrex relearn move thing where it can relearn some DLC fusion-only TM moves after being separated, and "other issues".
What did they replace the Shieldon Claws with?

If you have a transformed Smeargle on the field before updating, will it stay there post-update?
Probably? As far as the game's concerned that's not a Smeargle, literally. Based on people actually testing it, it doesn't so much turn the Smeargle into the Pokémon as it does despawn the Smeargle and spawn the Pokémon it transformed into. If you have a wild Smeargle transformed into Raging Bolt in the overworld, it's just a Raging Bolt as far as the game's concerned.

If you have a transformed Smeargle on the field before updating, will it stay there post-update?
Probably? As far as the game's concerned that's not a Smeargle, literally. Based on people actually testing it, it doesn't so much turn the Smeargle into the Pokémon as it does despawn the Smeargle and spawn the Pokémon it transformed into. If you have a wild Smeargle transformed into Raging Bolt in the overworld, it's just a Raging Bolt as far as the game's concerned.
I don't think the clones persisted after a reset in general to begin with.

I don't think the clones persisted after a reset in general to begin with.
The clones were actually very persistent unlike other spawns. They will remain on the map even if you activate a picnic or unload and reload the whole map by fast traveling to Paldea and back. So if the clones aren't purged by the patch, they could stick around for a long while even in 3.0.1.

I take it that no one has tried to update the game while having a clone on the map?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)