Pokemon Showdown! Battle Spot Ladder Challenge #2

Hello! Hello! Hello! Recently, I talked with CoolStoryBrobat about having a second ladder challenge for PS!'s Battle Spot Room. (Credit goes to MythTrainerInfinity for originally making up this challenge back in season 4.) As you may know, the previous ladder challenge took place on Showdown's ladders. This time around, we're doing it on X and Y only. How this is going to work is basically you posting a signup of something like the following:

Username: flarz
IGN: Joseph
FC: 1234-5678-9123
Formats: Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotations, Special

To answer the two questions you just thought of, no you don't have to sign up for all of them, and yes this will start with season 6. (Sept 8) I need your IGN and FC so it's easier for me to find you all on the PGL ladder. Another different from the last challenge is that the prizes will also be on X and Y. A few other doners and myself will be giving out high IV Pokemon to those who place 1st on each format.

Interested in other tournaments like this? Room Tourney: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-showdown-battle-spot-room-tournament.3515534/ First Challenge: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-battle-spot-ladder-challenge.3513760/

Username: Whiskey Tango
IGN: Ian
FC: 4914-4093-5513
Formats: Rotation, Doubles, Triples

By the way, you might want to have some other means of confirming who's who, because as far as I know PGL rankings don't let you verify by friend code. Maybe require that people post a screencap of their log-on window (the pop-up where it asks you what cart you want to play on)? That way you could at least confirm that the name, icon and location match.

Last edited:
Username: Whiskey Tango

By the way, you might want to have some other means of confirming who's who, because as far as I know PGL rankings don't let you verify by friend code. Maybe require that people post a screencap of their log-on window (the pop-up where it asks you what cart you want to play on)? That way you could at least confirm that the name, icon and location match.
That's cool, I'll try it

Scratch that! I was just reminded that there's an option to search for your friends' ranks, which actually would be the best way to check. Disregard.

Mainly because this is actually a prized tournament, and you have to sign-up. I just wanted to encourage people to play on X and Y more, really.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What kinds of things are you looking for if you accept prize donations? And will this challenge be lasting the whole season and you will give stuff to people on the forums who report their rankings?

What kinds of things are you looking for if you accept prize donations? And will this challenge be lasting the whole season and you will give stuff to people on the forums who report their rankings?
Generally, looking for 4-6iv mons (Shiny preferred, not needed)

This will last the entire season

I'll probably give some minor random prizes i.e. raffling eggs or spitbacks

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had the same idea of doing this on-cart a while ago and posted in the general singles discussion thread (before the big overhaul) but the inability to easily reset your score meaning the comp would need to last all season seemed a little off putting as people could easily lose interest. I think the best option we have is to do this with the tournaments that Nintendo hosts over the weekends (battle of legends, super speed doubles etc), we can have sign ups for those and give out prizes for that? Anyway I like anything battle spot anyway so I'll sign up regardless lol

Username: cant say (it's a secret)
IGN: Jake
FC: 3024 - 6048 - 0775
Formats: Singles, Doubles, Special (can we do that too?)

I'll try to play as much as possible but been crazy busy with breeding / maisoning / irl so I've been missing out on a lot of battle spot action :(

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Username: freekhoorn
IGN: Xam
FC: 5456-0831-6903
Formats: singles

Now im gonna breed myself a hippowdon!
Hey, before you go through all the work, I've had one donated to my distribution, so I can get you one now. You can see the currently available set by clicking the link to the battle spot distribution in my sig. Post a bunnelby on GTS with the message "EnGarde" (my username), and reply in my thread or in the battle spot SQ/SA thread letting me know that it's up, and I'll send it to you. :)

Its already 7 september! One more day to go! Im hoping to go 1600+ this season.
Ah, thanks for the reminder. Currently at 1688 on doubles. Hoping to hit 1700.

EDIT -- And there it is. 1703. Although I was unlucky enough to just draw a 1,900s player. : (

EDIT EDIT -- It's all Landorus, Kangaskhan and Heatran from 1650 up. Going in with an all VGC '14 team gets iffy.

EDIT EDIT EDIT -- Three games later an I'm back up to 1705. My last one should've ended me around the 1715-1720 range. Sheer Cold, guys. Believe in it.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Being able to understand when haxy moves are effective and useful as well as how to combat them is an essential part of playing in battle spot, flarz. Also, my bright powder + sand veil + double team trollchomp sez hi, Whiskey Tango. :P

Being able to understand when haxy moves are effective and useful as well as how to combat them is an essential part of playing in battle spot, flarz. Also, my bright powder + sand veil + double team trollchomp sez hi, Whiskey Tango. :P
Sheer Cold isn't affected by evasion or accuracy changes, so I've still got a 30% chance of destruction. Although I'm pretty sure you beat me with that team.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Sheer Cold isn't affected by evasion or accuracy changes, so I've still got a 30% chance of destruction. Although I'm pretty sure you beat me with that team.
Didn't know that, lol.

I probably only won because the smeargle lead was obvious, though, and I had a bit of a knowledge advantage. Hmm, I'll probably try the team out (for kicks and giggles) on rotations soon (sans the lucario, don't think my build would be as effective there).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)