Pokemon Showdown closed server in php pokemon mmorpg

Hello everybody,
I am thinking of creating a pokemon web based rpg and the main problem is the battle system.

So I found Pokemon Showdown and I thought if there is a way to use the pokemon showdown only in the battle system of my rpg.

So, is this possible?

But my idea is more as a full rpg (something like unovarpg), but with a full working battle system

EDIT: My idea is to develop a full pokemon game, where the trainer will need to catch and train his pokemons, but the battle system, even if I manage to create one, would be really poor :/

so if I could use the pokemon showdown for the battles, sending as input the teams (or wild pokemon) and receive the output, it'd be so awesome

EDIT 2: but so there is a huge problem with the wild battle and the items to use (as pokeballs and so), so here is the doubt:

Is there a way to reach the full source code, to edit and manage some functionality like in-battle items and etc?

Or just the battle mechanics with the working effects and moves?

Last edited:
LeoWPereira: PS! is opensource and located on GitHub. The server code can be found here and the client here. The guys in #showdown on IRC might be able to answer some of your questions too! I'm not sure about the legal aspect of making a Pokemon RPG either, so it might be worth researching that before setting anything in stone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)