Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay people, time for the second part of the main sidequest.

So, when we epically jump out of the window, a Drifbloom floats up, catches you and then floats down to the ground. You notice that it is now night-time regardless of the time on the in-game clock(if we even have one). When you land, you see the most luxoriously dressed epic nobleman with a staff and seven Poke Balls inserted into it and one of them is open and recalls the Drifblim. This man is the one and only Lord Uxis!!!! Anyways, after that epic piece, he introduces himself, "Welcome visitor, I am Lord Uxis, Gym Leader and unofficial mayor of Sombre Town. I heard the scream from my home and dashed here immediately and saw you jumping down. Could you care to explain these unusual events?" You explain what happened, "Oh, dear, Zarel gets himself into trouble occasionally, but you say he disappeared, and you saw red eyes for a split second? Hmm... Most suspicious. Tell you what, its night-time right now, come to my home, and you can take a rest before we set out to the Tower at daybreak." He walks off and you are obliged to follow. You enter, and he shows you to your room, which contains a bed, a tv and a closet. "Sleep well", Uxis says. You interact with the bed, and you fall asleep(your pokemon are also healed by this action). When you wake up, you hear knocking on your door(you also notice its still nighttime). You walk out and see Lord Uxis. "Most strange, you have sleeped for 10 hours, and it is still nighttime. Something suspicious is going on here indeed" and he leaves the house. You follow him outside to the Spiritus Tower. Before you enter, the game enters cutscene mode--A huge pink beam with purple twisting around it shoots out the top. Uxis, "We must hurry! I will take care of any trainers, lets go!" You dash inside and bolt upstairs. You notice all the trainers have red eyes, do not fight you, and they say really creepy stuff when you talk to them such as 'Give me your soul' or 'Succumb to the ghosts" and after that, their heads droop. When you get to the second-highest floor, Uxis exclaims "The door is locked, we must find another way to the top!" When you go to the end of the corridor, you notice a maze. You must go through the maze and you can find the TM Flash in it. When you pick it up, Uxis says, "Its a useful move for certain puzzles, but I advise you never to use Flash in battle." To go through the maze, you must go up, then left on the second intersection, immediately north, right on the fourth, then go up till you meet the last intersection, the path goes a little further, and that has TM Flash. You turn right at that last one, then north at second, then turn left until you reach a ladder to the top. When you get to the top, you must fight your way through a lot of trainers, with Uxis taking some down. When you reach the end, you see........ Zarel! He has his body drooped. When you go close to him a cutscene commences-- Zarel lifts his head and looks at you with those red eyes. The cutscene ends and you spot a Malamar at the back. Uxis exclaims, " Malamar must be controlling Zarel!" Then Zarel sends out his Pokemon and beckons at you to battle him. You notice that his Pokemon also have red eyes. Uxis says, "His Pokemon must be being controlled too?! Ill take down the other Pokemon, you take Zarel!" When you interact with him, he says "Battle me or face my cursed song!" I don't what pokes Zarel should use, thats up to other people, but all his Pokemon should have Mal- in front of the names to show them being controlled by Malamar. When you beat him, a Gourgeist comes out of his body and Uxis just finishes beating Malamar and says, "So Gourgeist was controlling Zarel!" Zarel collapses. Uxis continues "But why were they so angry?" Gourgeist then speaks, "A man threatened us, we took our revenge" Uxis asks which man. Gourgeist floats to the back and brings a TLS admin back. The admin then talks, " I was on orders to get a certain stone, Geengerit or something like that" Just then you notice a throne rising above you all, and a Mega Gengar sits on it. "What is this, more humans, I shall take you down!" And battles Uxis, while you battle the Admin. When you win, Uxis is finished with M-Gengar. The Admin then suddenly jumps up, snatches the Gengarite, jumps out the window and then flies away on his Golurk and thanks them for their help.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
If nobody minds, i would take a shot at making Snazzy's 2nd story in a major TLS plot. Tell me if we need one here.

You mean major more so than it being th-m grabbing gengarite/dusk stones and or it turning into some sorta....epic? (I think that's the right word, cause this is getting elaborate even if it may not all Make it in) .

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Major in the sense their attempts to achieve their goals are shown, and it might be as big as the Silph Co. building thing

If it isn't trying to cram so much early then I wouldn't mins seeing it.

EDIT: Like don't off more than ya can chew you know?

SparksBlade

Community Leader
i think it actually is cramming a bit, so i'll do this in some later town. Just keep Meloetta unavailable till then.

i think it actually is cramming a bit, so i'll do this in some later town. Just keep Meloetta unavailable till then.
If ya say so bud.

Btw we will call decision on leader type tomorrow (probably after I get done with the noon games tomorrow) so if you have any last minute qualms on the popular type ATM then speak it now or hold thy piece.

If nobody minds, i would take a shot at making Snazzy's 2nd story in a major TLS plot. Tell me if we need one here.
I know how that should happen, we beat the gym leader, then go to our next city(it has to be a city), and chase Team-Luck Sack down in the city cause they are looking for the mega ring to mega evolve, but you stop them, and as a gift of appreciation, you get the mega ring

Honestly Snazzy I still think its a tad early for mega evolution. I'd prefer it to be given at around gym 6 or something when other pokemon and items of comparable power have made themselves available. At this point in the game mega evolutions even minor ones like manetric or T-Tar could make the player to powerful. That said We could just make the mega stones themselves inaccessable a little bit longer. 5 or 6 are already gated shiny lady and there a few others gated to. Either way we need to be careful about allowing the player to much power to soon.

Maybe make it TLS after Diancie or another legendary or Even say a cache of battle items like life Orbs, Choice Scarfs, leftovers and the like and you get to pick one to keep (Others still accessable later in game you just get 1 early)

As for this towns Gym leader Ghost or psyhic is fine and since I believe the 4th gym is dark from memory either wont effect the rest of the order or sense of 1 upmenship. Personally I prefer ghost. Team Could be something Chanduler, Genger, Sableye, Doublade, Frillish (WIth evolite) and then a wildcard of say Bisharp or Sylveon to coverup the Obvious dark weakness.

Last edited:
Honestly Snazzy I still think its a tad early for mega evolution. I'd prefer it to be given at around gym 6 or something when other pokemon and items of comparable power have made themselves available. At this point in the game mega evolutions even minor ones like manetric or T-Tar could make the player to powerful. That said We could just make the mega stones themselves inaccessable a little bit longer. 5 or 6 are already gated shiny lady and there a few others gated to. Either way we need to be careful about allowing the player to much power to soon.

Maybe make it TLS after Diancie or another legendary or Even say a cache of battle items like life Orbs, Choice Scarfs, leftovers and the like and you get to pick one to keep (Others still accessable later in game you just get 1 early)
It is worth mentioning that at this point the Gym will be capped at around 40 (or near that benchmark) so maybe the next town would be a bit more reasonable as 50 is a fairly nice number to try and work with.

It is worth mentioning that at this point the Gym will be capped at around 40 (or near that benchmark) so maybe the next town would be a bit more reasonable as 50 is a fairly nice number to try and work with.
True I kinda forget about that lol. I guess it would be ok if the gym leader to had access to megas at that point and most megas are gated themselves anyway. If we do go with mega ring it should come with a mega-stone of somekind or you get a megastone to use after the gym leader (Nothing Like Mega pinser or heracross tho). Maybe Something like Lopunnite or Manceite. Something usable but not capable of sweeping teams solo. At this point Im tired but I'll come up with a better suggestion for a mega tomorrow lol

SparksBlade

Community Leader
I know how that should happen, we beat the gym leader, then go to our next city(it has to be a city), and chase Team-Luck Sack down in the city cause they are looking for the mega ring to mega evolve, but you stop them, and as a gift of appreciation, you get the mega ring
i'm saying this nicely, but i really didn't like how you tried to call my plot "obvious" when you've no idea what my plot actually is.

i'm saying this nicely, but i really didn't like how you tried to call my plot "obvious" when you've no idea what my plot actually is.
Okay, sorry, I was just trying to see maybe how tls should be involved. ForumBeta, I think we should have Taunt, although how Im thinking it could happen, maybe Taunt should be the gym TM if the type is dark, cause Taunt is a really effective move. Maybe Im getting a little too ahead of myself, but if Taunt is the Gym TM, maybe the Gym Leader could explain when to use it and the such. Im just wondering, should we have a minor sidequest maybe in Sombre Town, or the route going from it about like a lost child or something like that. Any ideas?

Gym Idea Proposal:

Once you enter the ghost/dark type gym, you are in a blackout (like Brawly's gym). Instead of this being a maze, though, this is a complicated nest of rooms with gym trainers hidden in places you'd never expect. You are BACKSTAGE (the leader's a bit of an actor). Spotlights slowly dance across the floor, each about 4x4 tiles, and these are your only hopes of making out anything. Occasionally, if you're not careful and don't watch the floor or don't stay in the spotlights, you may fall through a trapdoor that leads you right back to the beginning. When you finally reach the stage, the Gym Leader (let's call him Uxis, why not) has just finished starring in the play "The Revenge of Mega Gengar." He takes you into the dressing room and challenges you to a battle.

On the other side of the gym building are doors that would take you right to the theater, but you lack a ticket.

Once the leader is beaten, you earn the Shadow Badge. And out of nowhere, a dark figure appears and steals your entire badge case! DUN DUN DUN

You chase this thief, who reveal themselves to be a Pawniard, and pretty much have a free chance at catching a level 35 Pawniard, since Bisharp is A+ on the XY OU Viability Rankings. Yay!

Alright, some comments...

Creator of Chaos We already have LO, choice items and stuff available for the player to buy at the shop, so atm we're really only looking for an excuse to give the player the mega ring.

SnazzySwampert I could have sworn we have already given the player TM taunt in an earlier route. I forget which one though, and my memory's not the best, so I'll have to confirm that when I get the chance (if someone beats me to it, that would be lovely).

Lastly, does anyone here have any preference as to whether the gym leader uses dark or ghost type pokemon? There are plenty of OU mons for both types to pick from, so that's not an issue, but it's getting pretty close to time for us to start making a gym team (and teams in general, we've got a lot of characters to battle here regardless of which plot we eventually go with). Imma ask folks here to start voting for gym type now. Cast your vote in bold so that I don't miss it.

Dark I feel like that one gives more options in terms of what Pokemon can be used, plus bias in favor of Bisharp.

Also, I'm new posting on the forums, and I just wanted to say how awesome an idea this is, and tell me if I'm doing something wrong

estralita Welcome to Smogon, new friend! I hope you enjoy your time here!

SnazzySwampert I was right about TM taunt, we gave it to the player way back at the Ordland Warehouse.

*edit*

Also, it looks like the votes are pretty overwhelmingly for the dark type, so unless a decent number of people suddenly start voicing a preference for ghosts, I think we'll go ahead with dark type. We still need to iron out the story, as atm we have at least 3 different proposals, and then we need to start coming up with trainer teams. Not only just for the plot important chars like the TLS admin and the Gym leader, but other folks too like gym trainers, random people in town/tower, maybe even a few TLS grunts (someone's gotta nab those illegal dusk stones after all), and so on.

Speaking of the forbidden dusk stone, it looks like Honchkrow may be getting herself on the viability rankings eventually, what do?

estralita Welcome to Smogon, new friend! I hope you enjoy your time here!

SnazzySwampert I was right about TM taunt, we gave it to the player way back at the Ordland Warehouse.

Indeed we had. Remind me to make a compile of what we have and havnt done so we don't start reiterating stuff too much. (Like a check list or so)

So I will be calling the type in the morning and starting discussion on the team then. At the moment it is fairly even so who will come out on top?

Perhaps make it so every time you try to use a Dusk Stone on a Doublade, a Smogon official will come out of nowhere and order you to cease and desist?

on the dusk stone thing. I say include it but just do what gamefrwak do with special pokemon and make it illegal. Basically a player can own aegisslash but cant use it battle outside of uber island because every npc will refuse to battl you while its on your team. This way should another pokemon luke honchcrow rise up it can be used.

As for the mega stone i firget about life orbs and the like being available already so may as well introduce it.

PS: Never post half sleep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)