Pokemon Squad Teams!

In the spirit of the oncoming Battle Frontier in Platinum, this thread's purpose is to talk about any Pokemon Squads (3 Pokemon) that the Smogon Community would care to post/discuss. This is NOT a team rating forum, however. I look forward to seeing other sets and hope everyone finds this thread to be of interest as Platinum looms nearer! I'll start off:

Tangrowth Impish w/ Leftovers
252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Atk
-Knock Off
-Sleep Powder
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
Tangela's new evolution to an oldie was my favorite (sorry Electivire, Electabuzz was much cooler). Anyway, Tangrowth is here for reliable stalling ability. Leech Seed and Leftovers make a wonderful combination for healing. Sleep Powder is for any counters that happen to switch in. Knock Off is ever so useful as to rid Pokes of their precious hold items, and helps determines the nature of a Pokemon with various item options (Choice Scarf Heracross and Choice Specs Salamence come to mind.) Power Whip is there for "damage." At the worst, I Knock Off at least one item (if their starter doesn't happen to be a Special Attacker who isn't of the Fire Type...more into that later.)
Ninetales Timid w/ White Herb
252 Spe/ 252 Sp Atk/ 6 Sp DEf
-Confuse Ray
-Nasty Plot/ Sunny Day
-Overheat
-Grudge
Think twice Blissey, you bloated waste of precious PC space. Ninetales is meant to come in when Tangrowth is threatened to become fried vine on a stick; Flash Fire *should* activate. Ninetales is fast, so I can pull off a Confuse Ray before the $H1T hits the fan. Hopefully, they'll switch to something to "counter" me *snicker*. I'll then use Nasty Plot(Sunny Day if I feel like being defensive against Water types) while they hopefully hurt themselves in confusion. After that, I just Overheat, since PP isn't a worry in this sort of match. And Blissey; if you come in, Overheat will chip off a little over half your health, and White Herb will ensure your timely death next turn, Leftover recovery be damned! Muhahaha!(sorry...I don't like Blissey).
Slaking Adamant w/ Choice Band
252 Atk/ 252 HP/6 Spe
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Brick Break/ DynamicPunch/ Focus Punch
Yay, I love playing mind games with this lump! Choice Band on Slaking is like apple to pie; sweep with the power of a thousand Bidoofs! Thunderpunch fits my tastes over Fire Punch on this particular set; it counters(more like annihilates) Gyarados. I feel this set has good coverage, so my last slot is varied. Brick Break is boring as ever, but for days I feel like Russian Roulette, I can use DynamicPunch or Focus Punch! The odds are huge on these moves, but it's all about fun; that's what Pokemon is all about, right?

your Slaking has 252 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Speed.

You can only have 512 total EV points.

I would consider dropping a move on Tangrowth for Reflect. Considering you will be battling in-game pokemon, a Reflect shield should prevent Tangrowth from taking much damage at all.

Also, since it's in-game, the "trainers" will not switch a pokemon out if they become confused. (Under what you had for Ninetales).

Slaking, well, it should do its job of killing everything, if you figure out its EVs.

If this isn't a rate my team thread then what is it? A place where you can post your possible teams for the battle frontier in Platinum?

Unfortunately, there's already been a thread for posting your Battle tower teams for use, as well as any records you may have achieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)