SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy spheals! The game has been Datamined! Let the frenzy begin:

Decudeye ending up being the fastest starter afterall is hilarious after all the complaints about its speed. 107 base attack does put it above a lot of Sucker Punch users, which is nice. Sucker Punch getting a 10 BP nerf is okay. It's still a really strong priority move, just less devastating.

Incineroar has better defenses than Lando-T, although the typing isn't as good defensively. Still, Intimidate + Fake Out is good, so I can see it being used in VGC alright, once the HAs get found.

Is it me, or does 80/74/116 defenses seem really good? And with 126 base special attack, Primarina hits the hardest out of all the starters. Trick Room or Scarf threat?

Leech Life getting a huge buff is slghtly understandable, but i wasn't expecting that major of a buff. And for Scizor, i believe trading effectively 10bp for healing is a good enough trade off to give bug bite competition.

Dark Void got nerfed, and so ends the endless complaints from VGC players about DV smeargle ruining the format with it's almost 0 presence in major tournaments in years closer to this year's meta.

Cursed Body Gengar... Good Night Sweet Prince.

Anchor 'mon is Grass/Ghost.... WHAT THE FLIP TROLLFREAK?!?! Crabominable is the typing we all figured though.

So Z-Support moves do an additional affect on top of their normal effect then? So Z-Protect blocks all non-Z-Move effects AND raises Crit? That's cool. Does anything else get Parting Shot? Specifically: Anything good?

Past thread had been closed in the middle of typing all that xp

surprised a bit with the starters being slow this generation with rowlett3 being the fastest at base 70.

Going on with the last few details before the other thread got closed...

Z-Belly Drum will be fantastic for Azumarill. Sitrus Berry will be far more situational. Linoone may like this as well in lower tiers.

And Beak Blast will be quite the nasty move given it will burn those that make contact with it, supposing it does not break focus like Focus Punch.

Z-Destiny Bond is... weird. The redirection extra effect is fine and makes sense in a way to upgrade the move and make it decent for doubles.

Last edited:
Since Long Reach doesn't seem that useful/amazing (read not Turbo/Protean-level), what would make it really interesting?
I was thinking something like adding to it Rock Head's effect but there are no ghost/grass moves with recoil damage. And a priority effect would be too strong. Damnit.

EDIT: what is Wood Hammer (but it doesn't fit Decidueye so..)

So... Celebrate Espeon gets a 120 BP Stored Power in the first turn, while having +1 Speed and +1 SpAttack

We have a new good Magic Bounce user in OU ladies and gentlemen!

(Also, Sylveon is a Scarf/Specs Hyper Voice)

Holy spheals! The game has been Datamined! Let the frenzy begin:
Cursed Body Gengar... Good Night Sweet Prince.
I will be really sad if Gengar drops from OU

20 years without moving from there... I hope it gets a move that destroys the meta and becomes S++

I am just glad I can finally use a non-Rock weak Defog user without having to transfer something all the way from Diamond to Heart Gold to White to X.

I am not surprised that the urchins are Water/Poison. The only new Poison Pokémon so far had been Alolan Grimer and Salandit.

I am delighted that Crabrawler´s evolution has exactly the typing and name everyone predicted. I am not delighted that the Anchor is yet another Ghost/Grass type (can´t believe I would ever have to type "yet another Ghost/Grass type"). Dugtrio´s hair makes it part Steel, ok... Please don´t make Alolan Golem Rock/Steel...

Stop thinking this is the end of Gengar. In the first two generations it was OU despite being weak to Earthquake and not even having STAB attacks (since Ghost and Poison used to be physical). Also, now it can now absorb Toxic Spikes.

I wonder what the German name for the move Spotlight will be, because Spotlight is already the German name for Follow Me.

I believe the datamine resource forgot to add Dewpider and Araquanid as the spider's names (the latter was confirmed by Lurantis, I believe the former was as well but on a separate thread by the same guy, but I'll have to find it. Araquanid for certain, at least). Dhelmise being Grass/Ghost was also Lurantis.

So since the gengar rumor is confirmed, how about that Sand Stream Gigalith for VGC17? 85/130/80 defenses with the sand stream boost, and 135 attack in a meta where Tyranitar isn't included and trick room will likely be prominent.

Gengar will miss levitate (who wouldnt miss an immunity) but not that much to be honest. Few people are real enough to switch it in common EQer like Lando-T and Garchomp. It will be OU just fine since no new Ghost seems to better than it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)