SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Maybe we're going about this wrong. Maybe you have to take the Galarica Twigs to someone on the Isle of Armor to fashion them into a cuff, which you then use to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Slowbro. If that's the case, maybe we won't see Slowking's evolution item until the inevitable HOME datamine for Crown Tundra.

So in light of the new moves revealed today, we were playinf waaaay too safe with these attacks. So i want to try and rectify that by guessing Meteor Beam will be a rock stype special attack...that will use the user's Defense stat for calculation! That would give several rock types a very powerful option for several rock types everywhere!

Pulling from the other thread, wanting to see if we can add anyone to this list that may have been confirmed via some data mining.

For Isle we're looking at:

Absol
Luxray
Tauros
Scyther
Druddigon
Whismur
Sandile
Tangrowth
Exeguttor
Poliwhirl
Kangaskhan
Bouffalant
Lycanroc
Emolga
Meinshao
Fletchinder
Dragalgae
Staryu
Scraggy
Volcarona

Rockruff
Lycanroc
Talonflame
Azumarill
Kingdra
Zoroark
Magnezone

Gmax Blastoise
Gmax Venusaur
Gmax Galar Starters
Giratina

And looks like Galarian Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno and the new Regis will be in the next expansion?

Anything we can add to this list for Isle or Armor?
Giratina isn't in Isle, it's in the LEgendary dens with all the other legendaries in the Tundra

So Articuno is the only one to swap their primary type rather than losing flying? That's weird considering the new move it gets has a chance to freeze.

So Articuno is the only one to swap their primary type rather than losing flying? That's weird considering the new move it gets has a chance to freeze.
Uh no? All 3 swap their primary type and keep flying, and their signature move maintains the new primary type while having a secondary effect (albeith, Moltres' one feels just a improved Dark Pulse)

Uh no? All 3 swap their primary type and keep flying, and their signature move maintains the new primary type while having a secondary effect (albeith, Moltres' one feels just a improved Dark Pulse)
It's a little weird all 3 didn't get status effects. Like they're all [element] [whatever]. And you read Articuno's first and its like ah, okay this one freezes, so Zapdos' probably paralyzes and Moltres' probably burns!

But no Zapdos lowers defense & Moltres flinches.

It's a little weird all 3 didn't get status effects. Like they're all [element] [whatever]. And you read Articuno's first and its like ah, okay this one freezes, so Zapdos' probably paralyzes and Moltres' probably burns!

But no Zapdos lowers defense & Moltres flinches.
On positive note, at least each has a "unique" type of effect: one statuses, one lowers a stat, and the other has a flinch chance.

What boggles me is Moltres' ability. Well, there's no actual other alternative to Defiant and Competitive I suppose, but Berserk is definitely a weird choice.
Though, Contrary could have worked just fine I suppose.

On positive note, at least each has a "unique" type of effect: one statuses, one lowers a stat, and the other has a flinch chance.

What boggles me is Moltres' ability. Well, there's no actual other alternative to Defiant and Competitive I suppose, but Berserk is definitely a weird choice.
Though, Contrary could have worked just fine I suppose.
Would have had great synergy with Overheat. Would have had even better synergy if it were also Fire.

Would have had great synergy with Overheat. Would have had even better synergy if it were also Fire.
Those abilities dont trigger on self drops. But on that note, combined sith their cutscene in the trailer and their descriptions and abilities, these birds are MUCH more violent and agressive than the ones we came to know. Its almost frightening, considering these are legendary pokemon. The last thing you want to run into is a MALEVOLENT dark flying bird with flames for wings

Those abilities dont trigger on self drops
he was responding to me suggesting that Contrary would have worked better in the theme of "anti stat drop" compared to Berserk.
And Contrary does indeed work with Overheat (it's the entire reason for which Serperior is a OU pokemon)
But on that note, combined sith their cutscene in the trailer and their descriptions and abilities, these birds are MUCH more violent and agressive than the ones we came to know. Its almost frightening, considering these are legendary pokemon. The last thing you want to run into is a MALEVOLENT dark flying bird with flames for wings
I have a suspect the birds will have something to do with Calyrex and maybe the new Regis... just a suspect though

In the last ten seconds of the trailer you can see glimpses of some of the new moves. Magmar uses what looks like a new fire move (Burning Jealousy?), something uses Steel Roller, and G-Weezing uses Misty Explosion. We also see what are probably Bug Buzz, Fire Blast, and Hyper Beam but I couldn't entirely recognize them.

It looks like Misty Explosion is just a fairy typed Explosion. Maybe it gets a power boost in Misty Terrain or something like that.

Yeah, it definite looks like the shellder has nearly consumed Slowking's entire head, and also maybe that it's facing the front this time (to me the blue arrow looks like it is pointing at a potential eye on the shell between the scribble lines).

From what we can see I would guess ghost/psychic or dark/psychic, but maybe it will just be poison/psychic again because lol gamefreak.
let's say g-slowking is dark/psychic or ghost/psychic. which would be the better typing competetively?
we can even include psychic/poison because its at least somewhat plausible

let's say g-slowking is dark/psychic or ghost/psychic. which would be the better typing competetively?
we can even include psychic/poison because its at least somewhat plausible
Ghost/Psychic is a pretty bad typing. Lunala gets away with it cause of BST and shadow shield, but without those it's inviting to be oneshot by one of the most common moves in the game (Knock Off), to a common utility move (Snarl) as well as to Ghost itself
Dark/Psychic also has a comparable flaw (weak to another of the most common moves in the game, U-turn).

I believe both typings are pretty bad both offensively and defensively, with ghost/psychic slightly slightly better offensively due to offering better neutral coverage, and dark/psychic slightly better defensively since it has less 4x weaknesses.

Psychic / Poison on other hand is a decent typing. Decent coverage, no 4x weaknesses, can hit the super common fairies and fighting types supereffectively with stabs, but tends to get hardwalled by steel (though, it's slowpoke's evo so should have access to Flamethrower)

Psychic / Poison on other hand is a decent typing. Decent coverage, no 4x weaknesses, can hit the super common fairies and fighting types supereffectively with stabs, but tends to get hardwalled by steel (though, it's slowpoke's evo so should have access to Flamethrower)
A decent typing, sure, but the ground weakness is going to hurt it quite a bit, (especially in VGC) Especially once Crown Tundra brings Landorus back

Pulling from the other thread, wanting to see if we can add anyone to this list that may have been confirmed via some data mining.

For Isle we're looking at:

Absol
Luxray
Tauros
Scyther
Druddigon
Whismur
Sandile
Tangrowth
Exeguttor
Poliwhirl
Kangaskhan
Bouffalant
Lycanroc
Emolga
Meinshao
Fletchinder
Dragalgae
Staryu
Scraggy
Volcarona

Rockruff
Lycanroc
Talonflame
Azumarill
Kingdra
Zoroark
Magnezone

Gmax Blastoise
Gmax Venusaur
Gmax Galar Starters

And looks like Galarian Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno and the new Regis will be in the next expansion?

Anything we can add to this list for Isle or Armor?

Skarmory was confirmed for Isle of Armor via a Japanese commercial.

So while we may not have all the data, HOME gave us the tm and tr list for every pokemon, and I thought it might be interesting to check out the new toys some returning pokemon recieved. For Body Press users, we have Skarnory, Aggron, Slowbro, Regirock, Registeel, Relicanth, Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas... lots of mons with pretty high defenses.

What are some other threats we can expect?

So while we may not have all the data, HOME gave us the tm and tr list for every pokemon, and I thought it might be interesting to check out the new toys some returning pokemon recieved. For Body Press users, we have Skarnory, Aggron, Slowbro, Regirock, Registeel, Relicanth, Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas... lots of mons with pretty high defenses.

It could be interesting to see whether Body Press on Skarmory gets some traction, considering it's almost as "strong" as an Impish Brave Bird (assuming the physically defensive set from SM), has no recoil, and can be boosted by Iron Defense.

252+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew (Water-type for neutrality): 102-120 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- 19% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 108-127 (31.6 - 37.2%) -- 83.8% chance to 3HKO (10.6 - 12.5% recoil damage)

Last edited:

There were a bit of chat back from when the datamine happened.

Some of the most notable threats were Rain (kanto zapdos and kingdra got hurricane, raikou got aura sphere / scald / weatherball combo, weatherball in general got a massive distribution), stuff like tapu Koko and Bulu actually getting a phisical fairy stab and CC.

Do we know when the download will start? Will we be able to pre-load? Not even sure if that is a thing on Switch. I assume if we can pre-load we can get most of the info data mined from the game itself before release.

Do we know when the download will start? Will we be able to pre-load? Not even sure if that is a thing on Switch. I assume if we can pre-load we can get most of the info data mined from the game itself before release.
Preload is a thing on Switch, and no, absolutely not.

Preloads (even on Switch yes) are usually heavily crypted, and decrypting them would take so long that might as well wait for the game release.

Even SwSh itself was preloadable and noone bothered with attempting to decrypt it cause the security key was ridicolously big and would have taken years to bruteforce.

That said, since we know there's going to be a "public" patch first to add the Pokemon to everyone's game, even though we have 0 informations on the possibility of any preload, realistically you should expect it to be on same day or the day before at best.

Ema Skye

Work!
It could be interesting to see whether Body Press on Skarmory gets some traction, considering it's almost as "strong" as an Impish Brave Bird (assuming the physically defensive set from SM), has no recoil, and can be boosted by Iron Defense.

252+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew (Water-type for neutrality): 102-120 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- 19% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 108-127 (31.6 - 37.2%) -- 83.8% chance to 3HKO (10.6 - 12.5% recoil damage)
Body Press on Skarm also does this:
252+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 180-212 (63.8 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zone honestly just seems dead now. With Sturdy, Skarm can actually beat it with Body Press. And without HP Fire, Ferro can actually beat Zone with Body Press as well. Which is hilarious.

The only steel Zone could actually beat would be Corviknight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)