Pokemon TCG Revisited

I used to play the TCG with the really early cards like from the first like 5 sets. Does anybody here still like playing with the old cards?
I do occasionally. bill's, gambler's, and rain dance Blastoise are just too awesome to forget about.

so, are we going to start making custom cards soon?
and if anyone can help me with this problem, i would very much appreciate it:

greeniax (my name from pokebeach) said:
I'm having a problem with downloading redshark. whenever I try to download it, it displays a bunch of code, and then my web browser freezes up. any help?

I didn't know the TCG was still around.
I remember when it first came out.
The popularity inflated the prices so damn much.
The first edition base packs, if I recalled correctly, were going for like $7-
$8.
I mean wtf, did it come with cigarettes or something?

I used to play the TCG with the really early cards like from the first like 5 sets. Does anybody here still like playing with the old cards?
I don't play them, but I own the entire set of the First Edition Base set.
Damn it was expensive to collect. :pirate:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've still had not much luck hooking up with anyone other than leafgreen386 for some games. Even with the TCG-Centric Forums elsewhere don't seem to have a huge online battling community.

So if anyone wants a match, feel free to AIM me.

lol when i was sorting through my friends old cards today i realized he had a shining tyranitar and a shining noctowl.
what the fuck. they are worth about £40 each. they are literally some of the rarest cards ever, aside from promos and the type of cards that only have three in existence.
i shouldnt have told him they were valuable. idiot.

Ahh I love the TCG so much. I stoped playing a little after EX Legend Maker. I used to go to local tournaments and prereleases and such. I never won a tournament, but I was pretty good. I would love to get back in the TCG. But I have no clue whats going on these days.

Red Shark huh? Back when I used to play we had the Apprentice program.

Do they still have tournaments like Regionals, States, and Worlds?

@Toby - Really? I have those too, as well as a Shining Celebi D:

@bolt - Yeah, if I recall there's Worlds, Nats, States, Regionals, and Battle Roads, as well as the Pre-release events

I used to be into this game. Hell, I bought the Game Boy TCG game! Well, the only one released in the U.S., anyway. (I still have it, too.)

I'm surprised the game hasn't died yet, to be honest. I guess it proves once again that you can sell anything with the Pokemon name...

woops, they arent worth £40, typo, $40.
he doesnt really care though, im buying them both for £15.
result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)