Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions:
1. Change Youkai Mawile's Double Soul to Hidden Potential. I made Double Soul but I only discovered there was an ability with the same effect as it today.
2. Change the luck based abilities to something else. Like 50% to switch out on Super Spin. It's not broken but it's uncompetitive. It'll basically be the Stone Miss or Focus Miss of abilities.
3. Add things to the doc to make it up to date please. I can help if I'm given permission.
4. OP, remember that poll about which Harmo forms should stay? Yeah, would be cool if that happened soon. If there aren't enough Costume Pokémon yet I can turn the losing Harmos into Costumes (or the person who made them can change them IDK).
5. I'm still confused about the moon weather. I used the search function to find out you used both Full Moon and New Moon at some point.
6. Z-move Type of each Costume:
Dark Cape - Dark
Power Band - Fighting
Mysterious Cloak - Psychic
Super Hero Costume - Flying
Strange Mist - Poison (would have to change Bad Omen Shinx line to Poison/Dark). I mean, it makes more sense really...
Snow Treads - Ice
Compound Goggles - Bug
Magical Contract - Fairy(Half of them are Fighting though???)
Possessed Kimono - Ghost(Half of them are Fairy though???)
Imperial Katana - Steel
Rockstar Outfit - Rock
Relaxing Hat - Normal
Magma Metal - Fire
7 and more. SOON
Hold up, why do the costumes need Z-move types? Like, seriously, what?

Drehemoth set:

Drehemoth @ Draconium-Z / Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower / Hydro Pump / Earth Power
- Quiver Dance

And a counterpart to Shelldra:

Metanight
Type:
Steel/Dark
Evolves From: Use the HDNAA (Hidden DNA Activator) on Metang that is lvl 45 or higher with a happiness under 106.
Ability: Clear Body, Justified (HA)
Stats: 80/135/120/75/85/110 (605)
Competitive Use: Solid Offensive typing and great offensive stats. It also happens to be the perfect counter to Metagross

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Gastrodon
New Stats:
111/83/58/92/72/39 (455)

Gastroling
Type:
Water/Ground
Evolves From: Use the HDNAA (Hidden DNA Activator) on Gastrodon that is lvl 45 and has a Clever condition of 170 points or more.
Ability: Storm Drain/Sticky Hold (Analytic)
Stats: 121/103/78/122/92/39 (555)
Flavor: A more intelligent version of Gastrodon, some of them can even transform into a more humanoid shape. The purple fluid Gastrodon used for escaping natural enemies is used for sports between Gastrolings.
Notable Moves: Recover, Earth Power, Scald, Ice Beam, Toxic, Focus Blast, Focus Energy, Laser Focus, Deep Thought, Backstroke, Liquidation, Ink Splash*
Competitive Use:
Good ol' Gastrodon, now with extra options in Analytic, setting up a semi-unique hazard and being able to be a slow pivot. Rest of it is flavorful but useless moves.

*Ink Splash
Type:
Water (-)
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Effect: Sets Ink Splash on the enemy field. Water type Sticky Web. Cannot coexist with Sticky Web. Removes Ink Splash on the user's side of the field if there's any. If reflected back by Magic Bounce or similar, will fail.
Pokémon who get it: Gastroling, Remoraid line, Horsea line, Inkay line, Sableye, Omanyte line, Skrelp line, Tentacool line, Lileep line, Smeargle, ... (Accepting more suggestions, preferably new mons) (Keep in mind that most of these probably aren't going to be in the metagame anyway).

Last edited:
One more Pokémon, specifically a HDNA evolution, after this one and I'll work on competitive analyses of other mons.
Gastroling
Type:
Water/Ground
Evolves From: Use the HDNAA (Hidden DNA Activator) on Gastrodon that is lvl 45 and has a Clever condition of 170 points or more.
Stats: 121/93/98/112/112/39 (575)
Flavor: A more intelligent version of Gastrodon, some of them can even transform into a more humanoid shape. The purple fluid Gastrodon used for escaping natural enemies is used for sports between Gastrolings.
Notable Moves: Recover, Earth Power, Scald, Ice Beam, Toxic, Focus Blast, Focus Energy, Laser Focus, Deep Thought, Backstroke, Liquidation, Ink Strike*
Competitive Use:
Good ol' Gastrodon, now with extra options in Analytic, setting up a semi-unique hazard and being able to be a slow pivot. Rest of it is flavorful but useless moves.

*Ink Splash
Type:
Water (-)
Effect: Sets Ink Splash on the enemy field. Water type Sticky Web. Cannot coexist with Sticky Web. Removes Ink Splash on the user's side of the field if there's any. If reflected back by Magic Bounce or similar, will fail.
Pokémon who get it: Gastroling, Remoraid line, Horsea line, Inkay line, Sableye, Omanyte line, Skrelp line, Tentacool line, Lileep line, Smeargle, ... (Accepting more suggestions, preferably new mons) (Keep in mind that most of these probably aren't going to be in the metagame anyway).
I think octillery should also get this move, just because octopi are generally related to ink in media

Also, you have two different names for the move there, so is it Ink Strike or Ink Splash?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I think octillery should also get this move, just because octopi are generally related to ink in media

Also, you have two different names for the move there, so is it Ink Strike or Ink Splash?
Remoraid evolves into Octillery.
Also whoops, it's Ink Splash.

The original weather was New Moon. Someone then suggested it be Full moon because of flavour reasons. So I'm kinda torn between the two. Leaning towards New Moon though
I'm pretty sure New Moon is the one associated with ghosts and paranormal stuff, so I'd stick with that
One more Pokémon, specifically a HDNA evolution, after this one and I'll work on competitive analyses of other mons.
Gastroling
Type:
Water/Ground
Stats: 121/93/98/112/112/39 (575)
Notable Moves: Recover, Earth Power, Scald, Ice Beam, Toxic, Focus Blast, Focus Energy, Laser Focus, Deep Thought, Backstroke, Liquidation, Ink Strike*
Competitive Use:

*Ink Splash
Type:
Water (-)
121/98/112 bulk sounds too much for me, specially when this mon has recover, a Sticky webs clone, Scald, and an amzing defensive typing that leaves it with only one weakness and four very important resistances

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I'm pretty sure New Moon is the one associated with ghosts and paranormal stuff, so I'd stick with that

121/98/112 bulk sounds too much for me, specially when this mon has recover, a Sticky webs clone, Scald, and an amzing defensive typing that leaves it with only one weakness and four very important resistances
That's true, I'll change it and increase its offenses. But Eviolite Gastrodon will be a thing, it'll probably be better than 121/98/112 Gastroling defensively and there's nothing I can do about it...
EDIT: At least Gastrodon doesn't have a Sticky Web clone.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A couple of new forms for pokemon:

Rotom:
  • Lightbulb (Electric/Fairy) (+Moonblast)
  • Laptop (Electric/Steel) (+Flash Cannon)
Krookodile line (This is a cosutme):
  • Sandile-Sunglasses (+10 Atk, -10 SpA) I Got this from Ash's Krookodile in the anime :P
  • Krokorok-Sunglasses (+10 Atk, -10 SpA)
  • Krookodile-Sunglasses (+10 Atk, -10 SpA)
Harmonian Aerodactyl:

1A - Solid Ice (Rock Head rename)
HA - Frostblood

Stats:
HP
- 90 (+10)
Atk - 130 (+25)
Def - 45 (-20)
SpA - 50 (-10)
SpD - 55 (-20)
Spe - 145 (+15)
BST - 515

Notable Moves - Shatter Head, Ice Blitz, Head Smash, Double Edge, Head Charge, Rock Slide, Icicle Crash

Harmodactyl is a very fast glass cannon. It has Priority in Ice Blitz, and some good moves in Rock Slide and Icicle Crash. If you run a Solid Ice set, you can spam moves like Head Smash, Shatter Head and Ice Blitz. I put 10 points into HP so a Frostblood Shatter Head might not kill thanks to recoil

Last edited:
That's true, I'll change it and increase its offenses. But Eviolite Gastrodon will be a thing, it'll probably be better than 121/98/112 Gastroling defensively and there's nothing I can do about it...
EDIT: At least Gastrodon doesn't have a Sticky Web clone.
Maybe we can nerf Gastrodon then... idk either
A couple of new forms for pokemon:

Rotom:
  • Printer (Electric/Fairy) (+Moonblast)
  • Laptop (Electric/Steel) (+Flash Cannon)
Krookodile line:
  • Sandile-Sunglasses (+10 Atk, -10 SpA) I Got this from Ash's Krookodile in the anime :P
  • Krokorok-Sunglasses (+10 Atk, -10 SpA)
  • Krookodile-Sunglasses (+10 Atk, -10 SpA)
Harmonian Aerodactyl:

1A - Rock Head
HA - Frostblood

Stats:
HP
Atk - 130 (+25)
Def - 45 (-20)
SpA - 60
SpD - 55 (-20)
Spe - 145 (+15)
BST - 515

Notable Moves - Shatter Head, Ice Blitz, Head Smash, Double Edge, Head Charge, Rock Slide, Icicle Crash
Very cool Ludi, but I have a few nitpicks
1- Why is Printer fairy type?
2- Wouldn't it be better of Krookodile-Sunglasses was a costume?
3- Will there be a Mega Harmonian Aerodactyl too?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
exploudit Pika Xreme
MegaAerodactyl Pokedex says "Part of its body has become stone. Some scholars claim that this is Aerodactyl's true appearance."
True appearance probably means appearance before being revived from a rock and gaining Rock type artifically. So it's Rock type both naturally and artificially (probably).

exploudit again
Ok I nerfed Gastrodon. It should be fine now.
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gastrodon: 442-530 (103.7 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gastroling: 546-645 (122.4 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Eviolite Gastrodon: 265-317 (62.2 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Gastroling: 343-406 (76.9 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ludicrousity
Give Rotom-Printer Ink Splash :^)
And I also think that Krookodile would be better as a costume.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was actually thinking of making Rotom-Printer a Rotom-Lightbulb instead perhaps that would work better as fairy?

Yes there will a mega.

Rock Type Harmodactyl just seems better to me. I don't like fossils becoming non-rock type, since that's a theme with all fossils

Rock Type Harmodactyl just seems better to me. I don't like fossils becoming non-rock type, since that's a theme with all fossils
ew that's it ludi we're breaking up

no but seriously it's obvious that rock type is meant to represent the fact it was revived from a fossil so if it never went extinct guess what type it wouldn't have? hint: rock

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
ew that's it ludi we're breaking up

no but seriously it's obvious that rock type is meant to represent the fact it was revived from a fossil so if it never went extinct guess what type it wouldn't have? hint: rock
MegaAerodactyl Pokedex says "Part of its body has become stone. Some scholars claim that this is Aerodactyl's true appearance."
True appearance probably means appearance before being revived from a rock and gaining Rock type artifically. So it's Rock type both naturally and artificially (probably).

Only 2 megas are in the sheet.

Also, remember that Harmo is pretty much a distinct entity, it's unlikely that we'll have a follow-up.

In other news, please stop calling this Gen 8, not only will it make this thread look dumb in retrospect, but, well, just look at the title, people.
True, the sheet needs updating.

And fine, I changed it to "New Second Gen." Which is more accurate.

Anyways, some new moves:

Fish Fang
Type:
Water (Phys)
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Effect: 20% chance to reduce defense on a single target. Makes Contact, boosted by Strong Jaw
Learners: Mostly fish with sharp teeth but other toothy mons get it too. Gyarados, Carvahna, Bruxish, Basculin, Totodile, Huntail, Bibarel, Wishiwashi, Jawnado,

Some non-waters too like Eelektrik, Ekans, Tyrunt and Skorupi, though you need to do some breeding.

Earth Uppercut
Type:
Ground (Phys)
Power: 85
Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Effect: Same as Sky Uppercut, but also hits airborne and hits Flying Neutrally by ignoring ONE ground immunity. Dually ground immune pokemon (Rotom-Fan) are still immune. Iron Fist boostable. Makes contact
Learners: Burrowixie, Hitmonchan, Geodude, Cubone, Swampert, Golette, Snubull, Marill , Spoink-H, Pixapart, Pawniard (and -H) (This gen lacks new ground types)

Pixie Dust
Type:
Fairy
Power: --
Accuracy: 75
Effect: This Powder acts like Tri-Attack in that its effect is random. It either poisons, burns, paralyzes or puts to sleep all with a 25% chance of occuring. Under New Moon, this move has perfect accuracy.
Learners: Lotsa fairies. Fayrage, Pixagon, Cleffa, Togepi, Sylveon, Snubull, Floete, Shroomish(and -H)

Quicksilver & Gold Rush
Type:
Steel (Spe, Phys respectively)
Effect: Literally Steel type E-Speeds meant to be very limited in application.
Learners: No idea.

What am I supposed to do about Rock Head
I did introduce a new move called Shatter Head, which is Ice type Head Smash, so fire away!

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
True, the sheet needs updating.

And fine, I changed it to "New Second Gen." Which is more accurate.

Anyways, some new moves:

Fish Fang
Type:
Water (Phys)
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Effect: 20% chance to reduce defense on a single target. Makes Contact, boosted by Strong Jaw
Learners: Mostly fish with sharp teeth but other toothy mons get it too. Gyarados, Carvahna, Bruxish, Basculin, Totodile, Huntail, Bibarel, Wishiwashi, Jawnado,

Some non-waters too like Eelektrik, Ekans, Tyrunt and Skorupi, though you need to do some breeding.

Earth Uppercut
Type:
Ground (Phys)
Power: 85
Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Effect: Same as Sky Uppercut, but also hits airborne and hits Flying Neutrally by ignoring ONE ground immunity. Dually ground immune pokemon (Rotom-Fan) are still immune. Iron Fist boostable. Makes contact
Learners: Burrowixie, Hitmonchan, Geodude, Cubone, Swampert, Golette, Snubull, Marill , Spoink-H, Pixapart, Pawniard (and -H) (This gen lacks new ground types)

Pixie Dust
Type:
Fairy
Power: --
Accuracy: 75
Effect: This Powder acts like Tri-Attack in that its effect is random. It either poisons, burns, paralyzes or puts to sleep all with a 25% chance of occuring. Under New Moon, this move has perfect accuracy.
Learners: Lotsa fairies. Fayrage, Pixagon, Cleffa, Togepi, Sylveon, Snubull, Floete, Shroomish(and -H)

Quicksilver & Gold Rush
Type:
Steel (Spe, Phys respectively)
Effect: Literally Steel type E-Speeds meant to be very limited in application.
Learners: No idea.

I did introduce a new move called Shatter Head, which is Ice type Head Smash, so fire away!
There's already a move called Gold Rush.
Also Earth Uppercut doesn't make sense to me. 1. Sky Uppercut doesn't get boosted by Iron Fist so why would Earth Uppercut get boosted. 2. Why Marill, it makes the Marill line broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)