Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmonian Throh

1A
- Gloom Skill (Gives Dark STAB and Resistances)
HA - Daunter (Whenever the opponent uses an Attack with 80 BP or more it gets randomly switched out)

Stats:
HP
Atk - 110 (+10)
Def - 95 (+10)
SpA - 30
SpD - 90 (+5)
Spe - 20 (-25)
BST - 465

A nice counterpart to Harmo-Sawk, it is bulkier, but the fact that it can essencially force the opponent into one Pokémon from getting hitted makes up for its sub-par stats.

Last edited:
Maybe this could work for a mythical Pokemon, idk

Aurulong
Classification:
Greedy Pokémon
Typing: Dragon
Abilities: Levitate
HP: 83
Atk: 131
Def: 77
SpA: 113
SpD: 89
Spe: 137
BST: 630
Notable Moves: Golden Rush*, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Flare Blitz, Overheat, Liquidation, Hydro Pump, Gigavolt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Cryo Crash, Ice Beam, Poison Jab, Iron Tail, Flash Cannon, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot, Roost
Design: This Pokémon is similar to mythological chinese Dragons, its body is Golden, with small Blue and Red markings.
Competitive Analysis: Aurolong is an extremely potent revenge killer, with an amazing Speed Tier and frightening Attack stat, this Pokémon also has average bulk for a Revenge Killer and has workable Special stats too. Amazing Coverage options also helps Aurulong's case even more, Flamthrower/Flare Blit can hit Steel-types and Poison Jab can hit Super Effectively every single Pokemon tha resists its STABs + Fire Move, having boosted Water moves is always nice too, however their coverage is quite redundant. Also, BoltBeam coverage with Cryo Crash + Gigavolt Tackle is pretty great too. Finally, access to set-up moves and Roost allows Aurulong to Wallbreak even better.

Golden Rush

BP: 95
PP: 10
Acc: 95
25% chance to confuse and raise target's attack stat simmoutaneously

Secondary Typing: Normal
Design: Dragon + Cow
HP: 107
Atk: 83
SpA: 137
SpD: 137
Spe: 89

Secondary Typing: Fighting
Design: Dragon + Wolf
HP: 109
Atk: 137
Def: 131
SpA: 83
SpD: 77
Spe: 103

Secondary Typing: Grass
Design: Dragon + Goat
HP: 113
Def: 131
SpA: 71
Spe: 101

Secondary Typing: Dark
Design: Dragon + Dog
SpA: 131
SpD: 103
Spe: 109

Secondary Typing: Fire
Design: Dragon + Lion
HP: 89
SpA: 83
SpD: 107
Spe: 137

Secondary Typing: Ghost
Design: Dragon + Turtle
SpA: 103
SpD: 131
Spe: 109

Secondary Typing: Steel
Design: Dragon + Tiger
HP: 113
Def: 71
Spe: 101

Secondary Typing: Water
Design: Dragon + Snake
HP: 109
Def: 83
Spe: 103

Secondary Typing: Fairy
Design: Dragon + Fish
HP: 107
SpD: 83
Spe: 89

Will do competitive analysis later :] but basically, those formes are inspired by the nine sons of the dragon from the Chinese mythology

This form represents the Original Chinese Dragon and is considered the Pokémon with the maximum state of greediness, it has a BST rivaling the other two main legends and this Pokémon has Uber-like stats, this form is only achieved when you join all 9 Sons of the Dragon and morph all into the Original Form, and the villan of the third team is the one who does so first, but after beating the villanious leader, Aurulong splits again to Nine formes. In post-game you'll need the Dragon Emblem and all nine forms on the same PC Box, with that you'll have to rematch the sixth Gym Leader, Matthew and he'll help you achieve the Original Form. Here's its stats:

Aurulong (Original)
Classification: Greedy Pokémon
Typing: Dragon
Abilities: Levitate
HP: 79
Atk: 181
SpD: 89
Spe: 127
BST: 690
Notable Moves: Golden Rush*, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Flare Blitz, Overheat, Liquidation, Hydro Pump, Gigavolt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Cryo Crash, Ice Beam, Poison Jab, Iron Tail, Flash Cannon, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot, Roost
Design: This Pokémon is similar to mythological chinese Dragons, its body is Golden, with small Blue and Red markings.
Competitive Analysis: Aurulong-O is an amazing Pokémon in Ubers, 181 Attack is insane and allows it to break through some potent Ubers walls:

252 Atk Life Orb Aurumoth Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Lugia: 172-203 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Aurumoth Dragon Rush vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 172-203 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Aurumoth Dragon Rush vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 285-335 (68.6 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Even though its bulk is clearly not suited for Ubers, thats not its goal, anyways :P, 127 Speed, while slower than its regular forme, is still pretty okay considering that Ubers doesnt have any significant Pokémon that sits beetween 137-127 Speed, the only two being Shaymin-S and Tapu Koko
Let's go over Aurulong's formes:

Normal Aurulong
This forme is probably one of the easiest to fit in teams, base 131 Atk, base 137 Spe and base 113 SpA allow Aurulong to hit very hard while still being really fast. 83/77/89 bulk and a great defensive typing in Dragon can allow it to switch into most moves with ease. Unlike most physical Dragons it also has an extremely solid Signature Move, meaning it won't have to rely on neither Outrage nor Dragon Claw. Also, Dragon Dance >:D

Quiniu Aurulong
137 SpA with STAB Boomburst and Draco Meteor is insane, this forme might end up being the first to get banned to Harmo Ubers, but even then, it will still wreck other Uber Pokémon. 107/77/137 bulk is also insane allowing it to eat Special hits like they're nothing. And base 89 Speed also looks very Scarfable in my eyes.

Yazi Aurulong
137 Atk with 103 Speed is very solid, and a nice secondary STAB on Fighting allows Yazi to threaten Steel-types, but Fairies are still a huge problem to this forme. 109/131/77 bulk is very nice, giving it opportunities to Dragon Dance ftw.

Chaofeng Aurulong
This one is kind of similar to Yazi, but with a little bit less speed and a different secondary STAB, in Grass, leaving it hard walled by Steel-types. So unless the team really needs a Grass Physical attack over a FIghting one, Chaofeng is kind of outclassed tbh :[

Pulao Aurulong
Pulao is essencially regular Aurulong with some speed less and a secondary STAB in Dark, don't get me wrong, this Pokémon is a huge threat, but it just faces heavy competition with Yazi, Chaofeng and Regular.

Suani Aurulong
This is the fastest of the nine Dragons and it hits as hard as regular Aurulong with base 137 Atk as well, Fire also compliments Dragon exceptionally well, making this Pokémon a huge threat to deal with.

Bixi Aurulong
Just like most of the formes above, Bixi plays a very similar role to Aurulong-Regular, this forme lacks a solid Ghost STAB move tho, and also faces competition.

Bu'an Aurulong
Bu'an is not as fast as the other Aurulongs, but it is still very threatening, considering Steel/Dragon is such a solid typing, especially with Levitate (Bu'an is only weak to Fighting). It can also go mixed, unlike some formes, and also can pose a hige threat to Fairies.

Baxia Aurulong
Baxia is similar to Bu'an as both aren't as fast but both can go mixed and have very solid typing. 109/83/77 bulk is not as impressive as the other Aurulong's though.

Chiwen Aurulong
Remember Mega-Altaria? This is essencially an improved version of it. 137 base Atk and SpA is very solid and base 89 speed can be easily improved by DDance. Its easily not the bulkiest of the Aurulongs but 107/77/83 is still way above average.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Harmonian Throh

1A
HA - Daunter (Whenever the opponent uses an Attack with 70 BP or more it gets switched out, but the Throh player is the one to choose which Pokémon the opponents goes to)

Stats:
HP
Atk - 110 (+10)
Def - 95 (+10)
SpA - 30
SpD - 90 (+5)
Spe - 20 (-25)
BST - 465

A nice counterpart to Harmo-Sawk, it is bulkier, but the fact that it can essencially force the opponent into one Pokémon from getting hitted makes up for its sub-par stats.
Congratulations, Daunter is probably one of the most broken abilities I've ever seen, especially on a stat spread like that.

Let's imagine a battle with Daunter Harmo-Throh. Turn starts with Throh's counter out. Opponent obviously picks a move that Throh is weak against, and Throh player picks its strongest move or a set up move.
Now, assuming the opponent used a move with 70 BP or more. Harmo-Throh takes a hit and doesn't die. I mean, it has 120/95/90 defenses, and normal Throh runs fully defensive sets with Bulk Up/Rest so the chance of it dying is very small (plus it takes 3% damage from SR). Then the opponent is forced to switch out. The Throh player can then choose what Pokémon will come out. Throh has yet to move, so the Throh player can just pick a Pokémon that is weak against/doesn't resist the move he picked OR a passive Pokémon that will let it set up.
If the move has less than 70 BP, the chance of Throh dying is even smaller, it could possibly calmly set up on the foe with Bulk Up.
Another thing to note is that I just explained the most beneficial scenario to the opponent. If it's not in the field, Harmo-Throh can switch in on ANY +70 BP offensive move that it resists (which is a lot with that Steel typing) and make non-threats switch in (the opponent would then waste a turn switching out or leave his Pokémon to die).

Might be a confusing explanation but that's the best way to describe how bad Daunter is...

Congratulations, Daunter is probably one of the most broken abilities I've ever seen, especially on a stat spread like that.

Let's imagine a battle with Daunter Harmo-Throh. Turn starts with Throh's counter out. Opponent obviously picks a move that Throh is weak against, and Throh player picks its strongest move or a set up move.
Now, assuming the opponent used a move with 70 BP or more. Harmo-Throh takes a hit and doesn't die. I mean, it has 120/95/90 defenses, and normal Throh runs fully defensive sets with Bulk Up/Rest so the chance of it dying is very small (plus it takes 3% damage from SR). Then the opponent is forced to switch out. The Throh player can then choose what Pokémon will come out. Throh has yet to move, so the Throh player can just pick a Pokémon that is weak against/doesn't resist the move he picked OR a passive Pokémon that will let it set up.
If the move has less than 70 BP, the chance of Throh dying is even smaller, it could possibly calmly set up on the foe with Bulk Up.
Another thing to note is that I just explained the most beneficial scenario to the opponent. If it's not in the field, Harmo-Throh can switch in on ANY +70 BP offensive move that it resists (which is a lot with that Steel typing) and make non-threats switch in (the opponent would then waste a turn switching out or leave his Pokémon to die).

Might be a confusing explanation but that's the best way to describe how bad Daunter is...
Yeah I just realized it's way too good :( I'm sorry I'll edit it as soon as I can, do you have any suggestions? Maybe I can make it switch into a random opponent, idk

Harmonian Throh

1A
HA - Daunter (Whenever the opponent uses an Attack with 70 BP or more it gets switched out, but the Throh player is the one to choose which Pokémon the opponents goes to)

Stats:
HP
Atk - 110 (+10)
Def - 95 (+10)
SpA - 30
SpD - 90 (+5)
Spe - 20 (-25)
BST - 465

Lets up the power on the move to 80 and say to a random Pokemon.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mega Kommo-o
Typing:
Dragon/Fighting
Ability: Mix 'n' Match (All non-STAB moves gain 1.33x power) (Basically adaptability for non STAB moves)
HP: 75
Atk: 122 (+12)
Def: 140 (+15)
SpA: 127 (+27)
SpD: 135 (+30)
Spe: 101 (+16)
BST: 700 (+100)
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, Sludge Wave, Earth Power
Competitve Analysis: Mega Kommo-o was kinda needed. It was probably the worst Psuedo Legend thanks to it's 4x weakness to fairy and it's horrific speed. Now, however, It has a nice 101 speed to outspeed all fairies not named A-Ninetales, Mega Diancie, Whimsicott, Ribombee and Tapu Koko. However, out of all of those, only Whimsicott and Ribombee are staying in Gen 8. It now gains increased power on it's moves such as Flash Cannon, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Return, Energy Ball, Sludge Wave and Earth Power. This allows it to no longer have the 4 move sydrome, aswell as become a fearsome sweeper, with either Automize, Bulk Up or Swords Dance. It is outsped by a few gen 8 fairies though. Mainly Varibrawl-Pixie, Florashine, Illushade, Burrowixie and Pixieflake-East

idk if there's still room for more Megas... But I'll submit these anyways:

Mega Skuntank
Poison/Dark
A - Merciless

HP - 103
Atk - 133 [+40]
Def - 107 [+40]
SpA - 71
SpD - 101 [+40]
Spe - 64 [-20]
BST - 579 [+100]

New Moves - Slack Off, U-turn
Design - Skuntank looks more evil, has a darker shade of purple and has white skull markings on it side
Competitive - Bulk? Check. Offensive Presence? Check. Good Defensive Typing? Check. Reliable Recovery? Check. Defog? Check. U-turn? Check. What else could anyone want from a wall? Maybe it lacks speed, Toxic Spikes and it still gets bodied by EQ users, but other than that this Pokémon is very solid.

Mega Purugly
Fairy/Dark
A - Fur Coat

HP - 71
Atk - 122 [+40]
Def - 84 [+20]
SpA - 84 [+20]
SpD - 119 [+60]
Spe - 72 [-40]
BST - 552 [+100]

New Moves - Slack Off, Parting Shot
Design - Even Fatter, and is now colored in shades of light pink and a deep brown-ish purple. It also has Grey markings.
Competitive - Mega Purugly gains a brand new typing upon Mega Evolving, however, it still has three somewhat common weaknesses, on Fairy, Steel and Poison. However, Fur Coat makes Purugly exceptionally though to take down with physical moves, specially now that it has reliable recovery and good special bulk too.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
idk if there's still room for more Megas... But I'll submit these anyways:

Mega Skuntank
Poison/Dark
A - Merciless

HP - 103
Atk - 133 [+40]
Def - 107 [+40]
SpA - 71
SpD - 101 [+40]
Spe - 64 [-20]
BST - 579 [+100]

New Moves - Slack Off, U-turn
Design - Skuntank looks more evil, has a darker shade of purple and has white skull markings on it side
Competitive - Bulk? Check. Offensive Presence? Check. Good Defensive Typing? Check. Reliable Recovery? Check. Defog? Check. U-turn? Check. What else could anyone want from a wall? Maybe it lacks speed, Toxic Spikes and it still gets bodied by EQ users, but other than that this Pokémon is very solid.

Mega Purugly
Fairy/Dark
A - Fur Coat

HP - 71
Atk - 122 [+40]
Def - 84 [+20]
SpA - 84 [+20]
SpD - 119 [+60]
Spe - 72 [-40]
BST - 552 [+100]

New Moves - Slack Off, Parting Shot
Design - Even Fatter, and is now colored in shades of light pink and a deep brown-ish purple. It also has Grey markings.
Competitive - Mega Purugly gains a brand new typing upon Mega Evolving, however, it still has three somewhat common weaknesses, on Fairy, Steel and Poison. However, Fur Coat makes Purugly exceptionally though to take down with physical moves, specially now that it has reliable recovery and good special bulk too.
Not sure if it's just me, but I don't like the idea of Megas changing their typing completely. It doesn't seem right in my book :/

Other than that these are both very cool, and strong-ish, Meger evolutions.

Not sure if it's just me, but I don't like the idea of Megas changing their typing completely. It doesn't seem right in my book :/

Other than that these are both very cool, and strong-ish, Meger evolutions.
Yeah, I was unsure if it was the right thing to do or not, but tbh, look at Purugly, it screams Fairy/Dark for me, and tbh, if a Ground Cubone can evolve into a Fire/Ghost Marowak, why can't a Normal Purugly Mega Evolve into a Fairy/Dark one?

since everyone else is doing these, I'll cover the DNA Evolutions:

Knyffe
Knyffe is a fast pokemon with the ability to counter priority spammers with it's own priority, and rush around spreading infection to cripple special attackers. whilst 130 isn't the highest, it does get Swords Dance as a move, which allows it to setup with a focus sash set. And it can also spam moves like Shadow Claw, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Cross Poison and even U-Turn as a priority pivot. Possibly UU/OU

Goluriee
Goluriee is a slow pokemon, but makes up with it with an Auto Trick Room, 90/120/120 bulk and sustain in Moonlight. Cursed body allows it to shut down certain physical attackers, albeit a luck based strategy. It can also try to setup with a Work Up or Bulk Up, but it's real golden gem is it's stall. If pitted against the right pokemon, it can whittle down the opponent easily with moves such as: Curse, Will-o-Wisp and Toxic. Most likely to be placed in UU

Tsaracid
I'm not the biggest fan of this (Do we really need another Grass/Poison?) but competitively, it is quite strong. with 120/124 offences, it can dish out respectable amounts of damage, and it's 72/72/72 defences allow it to take a hit, sometimes at least. Queenly Majesty also allows it to destroy most things that spam priority, and also makes it immune to Ice Blitz, which is extremely helpful. UU/OU probably

Tsarenta
Tsarenta is the opposite of Tsaracid. Sporting 72/124/124 defences, and a measly 20 speed. However, it keeps it's 120 SpA, which allows it to function like Reuniclus. With a Fire/Grass STAB combo, it hits all types strongly, other than fire (It gets Earth Power for that). The only things immune to that are flying types, but they counter Tsarenta anyway. Queenly Majesty is kinda pointless, because almost everything will be outspeeding you anyway, so that leaves us with Flash Fire (Sweet Veil is terrible, full stop). Possibly UU? Could pair really well with Goluriee, since they're both slow, and could work as a Trick Room core
I'm sorry, but there's a faster and stronger Bug/Dark in Mantisassin.

Tsaracid is the only Grass/Poison in this mod so far.

Not sure if you read my post:
Doesn't make it much better.
Yeah, I was unsure if it was the right thing to do or not, but tbh, look at Purugly, it screams Fairy/Dark for me, and tbh, if a Ground Cubone can evolve into a Fire/Ghost Marowak, why can't a Normal Purugly Mega Evolve into a Fairy/Dark one?
Contrary to what their names would imply, evolution tends to be more drastic than mega evolution.

Okay, so apperently no one liked the Normal->Fairy/Dark Mega Evo, so what would you suggest? Normal/Dark, Normal/Fairy, Pure Dark, Pure Fairy, just Normal? Which one sounds better to you guys?

I'm sorry, but there's a faster and stronger Bug/Dark in Mantisassin.

Tsaracid is the only Grass/Poison in this mod so far.

Doesn't make it much better.

Contrary to what their names would imply, evolution tends to be more drastic than mega evolution.
Catheterithe is Poison/Grass

Pa
A mega not on the sheet.

Speaking of not on the sheet, none of this was ever added despite me being promised otherwise.
Reposting so I don't forget to add that. (
Pokemon in it, If that's What your asking.
with the exception of Plummet Murkrow / Honchkrow no one has actually done this, so just making it so that less pre-existing costumes need to min-max (read: buffing their base forms) and also giving them some addition STAB options

Pichu, Pikachu: Gain Amp Slam, Laser Blast
Raichu: 60/100/55/90/80/115 (500 BST, 60/110/55/90/80/125 costumed), gains Amp Slam, Laser Blast
Raichu-Alola: 60/90/50/105/85/110 (500 BST, 60/90/50/115/85/120 costumed), gains Amp Slam, Laser Blast
Mightyena: 80/100/80/70/70/90 (490 BST, 80/110/80/70/70/100 costumed), gains Hyper Slash
Glameow: 50/55/45/45/40/85 (320 BST, 50/75/45/45/40/85 costumed)
Purugly: 75/115/65/65/60/115 (495 BST, 75/136/65/65/60/114 costumed)

btw plummet is a little OP, just make it a straight Explosion clone imo

Robeauty @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Flash Cannon
- Moonblast
- Wish / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

a more offense-based Robeauty. wish is entirely optional really because regenerator)

Pa

Reposting so I don't forget to add that. (
Pokemon in it, If that's What your asking.
with the exception of Plummet Murkrow / Honchkrow no one has actually done this, so just making it so that less pre-existing costumes need to min-max (read: buffing their base forms) and also giving them some addition STAB options

Pichu, Pikachu: Gain Amp Slam, Laser Blast
Raichu: 60/100/55/90/80/115 (500 BST, 60/110/55/90/80/125 costumed), gains Amp Slam, Laser Blast
Raichu-Alola: 60/90/50/105/85/110 (500 BST, 60/90/50/115/85/120 costumed), gains Amp Slam, Laser Blast
Mightyena: 80/100/80/70/70/90 (490 BST, 80/110/80/70/70/100 costumed), gains Hyper Slash
Glameow: 50/55/45/45/40/85 (320 BST, 50/75/45/45/40/85 costumed)
Purugly: 75/115/65/65/60/115 (495 BST, 75/136/65/65/60/114 costumed)

btw plummet is a little OP, just make it a straight Explosion clone imo

Robeauty @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Flash Cannon
- Moonblast
- Wish / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

a more offense-based Robeauty. wish is entirely optional really because regenerator)
...formatting errors, anyone?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Harmonian Petilil

Ability:
Hasty/Victory Star (Technician)
Stats:
HP - 50 (+5)
Atk - 40 (+5)
Def - 50
SpA - 50 (-20)
SpD - 50
Spe - 40 (+10)
BST - 280
Harmonian Liligant

Ability:
Hasty/Victory Star (Technician)
Stats:
HP: 60 (-10)
Atk: 60
Def: 60 (-15)
SpA: 130 (+20)
SpD: 80 (+5)
Spe: 90
BST: 480
Design/Pokedex Entry: Introduced in the Harmonian forests by humans, Unovan Petilil/Lilligant almost went extinct in a short period of time. For better or worse, most of the population that was being raised got wiped out by Harmonian Breloom. As most people know, Unovan Lilligant's fragrance have a relaxing effect which made Harmonian Breloom root itself into the ground more easily. The remaining Petilil/Lilligant population united with the Shroomish and Hoennian Breloom, creating a Petilil/Lilligant species adapted to Harmo. Its fragrance makes Pokémon more excited, making a Harmonian Breloom that rooted itself into the ground unnerved. Lilligant and Petilil also have a change in personality, making them more aggressive and hasty.
Notable Moves: Spore, Vacuum Wave, Quiver Dance, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Rock, Solar Beam, Healing Wish, Hyper Beam(???)
Competitive Analysis: Oh yeah Special Breloom + Quiver Dance. Nuff said.
Harmonian Gligar

Ability:
Dragon Slayer*/Unaware (Dew Drink**)
*Dragon Slayer: Deals double damage to Dragon types (and mons with Dragonic Light). Takes 50% damage from Dragon-type attacks.
**Dew Drink: Physical version of Storm Drain.
Stats:
HP - 65
Atk - 75
Def - 105
SpA - 35
SpD - 65
Spe - 85
BST - 430

Harmonian Gliscor

Ability:
Dragon Slayer*/Unaware (Dew Drink**)
Stats:
HP: 75
Atk: 95
Def: 125
SpA: 45
SpD: 75
Spe: 95
BST: 510
Design/Pokedex Entry: Harmonian Gliscor is at the top of the food chain... literally. Normally Gligars and Gliscors are gliding experts, striking from the sky. This doesn't change with Harmonian Gliscor, except live in thunderclouds instead of cliffs. Harmonian Gliscor's differences don't end there, it has a different prey and method of attack. While the Gligar line uses poison, Harmonian Gligar line uses electricity from the highest clouds to harm foes. What does it hunt that high up in the sky, you ask? Dragons. And since Dragons are rare, Harmonian Gliscor usually feeds off of water from clouds and hibernates while gliding, unaware of its environment, waiting for a Dragon to appear...
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Thunder Wave, Roost, Knock Off, Taunt, Toxic, Earthquake, Amp Slam, Falling Skies, U-Turn
Competitive Analysis: You've been visited by the Harmonian Gliscor of balance. MegaMonstratus, the +20 viable Dragons in the meta and half of the Varibrawl forms won't sweep your team but only if you use Harmonian Gliscor.
Sleepy Manaphy

Item Name:
Relaxing Hat
Holder: Manaphy
Result: Sleepy Manaphy
Abilities: Comatose
New Moves: Snore, Splash
New Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 100
Def: 100
SpA: 100
SpD: 120 (+20)
Spe: 100
BST: 620 (+20)
Competitive Analysis: It's just Hydration Manaphy but better. If Z move Costumes get added, it also gets Z Splash but Manaphy's only physical moves are Return, U-Turn and Waterfall so it would be worse than the Tail Glow version.
Core Darmanitan

Item Name: Magma Metal
Holder: Darmanitan
Result: Core Darmanitan
Abilities: Flash Fire (Specialize)
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Scorch Shot, Deep Thought, Scrub Down, Fire Lash
New Stats:
HP: 105
Atk: 30 (-110)
Def: 95 (+40)
SpA: 100 (+70)
SpD: 95 (+40)
Spe: 55 (-40)
BST: 500 (+20)
Competitive Analysis: Since a lot of people like to use Heatran in teambuilding and Heatran won't be available, here's a budget version of Heatran. It has utility and offensive presence, and a great typing.
Mega Cherrim-Lifeless
Typing:
Grass/Ghost
Ability: Sealed Flowering: During Full Moon, changes to Mega Cherrim-Reflowered. And...
When Mega Cherrim-Lifeless: Grass type weaknesses become resistances, Grass type moves weakened by 33%.
When Mega Cherrim-Reflowered: Ghost type is swapped with Fairy type, Fairy type moves boosted by 33%.
HP: 70
Atk: 20 (-40)
Def: 110 (+40)
SpA: 117 (+30)
SpD: 108 (+30)
Spe: 125 (+40)
BST: 550 (+100)
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball, Fleur Cannon, Midnight, Brambles
Competitive Analysis: Just like base Cherrim, each form works differently, but in this case they're both viable and VERY different.
-Lifeless form: A relatively solid wall. 70/110/108 isn't much compared to some other ones (MegaVenu has 80/123/120 for instance) but Sealed Flowering changes 5 weaknesses into resistances, making it almost have the same weaknesses/resistances of a Fairy/Steel type (it would need two more resistances to be equal to one, but still pretty good). However it is somewhat passive in what it does, relying on setting up Brambles or healing an ally with Healing Wish (killing itself) to be useful to the team. Weakened Grass STAB makes it a bad option for offense, while not changing the fact it's a great option for defense.
-Reflowered form: The first and only Mega that's a Full Moon abuser. Fairy/Ghost coverage is great, and even if you lose Ghost STAB, it's still boosted by the weather and still hits a lot of threats super-effectively. You can run a set similar to Manaphy (Nasty Plot/Midnight = Tail Glow/Rain Dance) to utilize the Reflowered form effectively. Or you can use a weather-setting support and use Fairy/Ghost/Grass moves+Nasty Plot or more coverage. Overall it's pretty versatile. However, it does have some problems. It doesn't get a weather boost for its Grass/Fairy STABs and its only recovery Synthesis is nerfed in it. It doesn't hit as hard as MegaCharizard Y (even with 33% Fairy boost) and doesn't set up its own weather automatically. I'd say it's a balanced Pokémon.

Maybe its just me but It feels like we got plenty of new stuff.

Maybe moves? But on mons, we have plenty of megas and Harmonian forms.

Whatever isn't used now can be saved for "New Second Gen."

Last edited:
Maybe its just me but It feels like we got plenty of new stuff.

Maybe moves? But on mons, we have plenty of megas and Harmonian forms.

Whatever isn't used now can be saved for Gen 9.
Only 2 megas are in the sheet.

Also, remember that Harmo is pretty much a distinct entity, it's unlikely that we'll have a follow-up.

In other news, please stop calling this Gen 8, not only will it make this thread look dumb in retrospect, but, well, just look at the title, people.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Do we have anything to keep Nintendo from taking this down from copyright? It has happened before and I don't want this project going down, so I just thought I'd ask.

Do we have anything to keep Nintendo from taking this down from copyright? It has happened before and I don't want this project going down, so I just thought I'd ask.
I'm not completely sure how DMCA works, but this hasn't been made into a game or even put on a Showdown server yet, and is still in a more theroymonning/submission stage, so it's very, very, very, very, very unlikely for anything to happen. Plus, many popular WIP fan-games are still going as it seems that Nintendo will only go for the big ones to make an example out of them

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
They mostly take down profitable organizations. No one here is accepting donations or gets money from ads. They'd have to take down Smogon first since we're hosted on it.... and they haven't complained about Smogon which runs a simulator of their game so....

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Suggestions:
1. Change Youkai Mawile's Double Soul to Hidden Potential. I made Double Soul but I only discovered there was an ability with the same effect as it today.
2. Change the luck based abilities to something else. Like 50% to switch out on Super Spin. It's not broken but it's uncompetitive. It'll basically be the Stone Miss or Focus Miss of abilities.
3. Add things to the doc to make it up to date please. I can help if I'm given permission.
4. OP, remember that poll about which Harmo forms should stay? Yeah, would be cool if that happened soon. If there aren't enough Costume Pokémon yet I can turn the losing Harmos into Costumes (or the person who made them can change them IDK).
5. I'm still confused about the moon weather. I used the search function to find out you used both Full Moon and New Moon at some point.
6. Z-move Type of each Costume:
Dark Cape - Dark
Power Band - Fighting
Mysterious Cloak - Psychic
Super Hero Costume - Flying
Strange Mist - Poison (would have to change Bad Omen Shinx line to Poison/Dark). I mean, it makes more sense really...
Snow Treads - Ice
Compound Goggles - Bug
Magical Contract - Fairy(Half of them are Fighting though???)
Possessed Kimono - Ghost(Half of them are Fairy though???)
Imperial Katana - Steel
Rockstar Outfit - Rock
Relaxing Hat - Normal
Magma Metal - Fire
7 and more. SOON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)