Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it DOES make sense when compared to other abilities and how moves work in the Pokémon world. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pokémon with Draconic Light don't have powerful Dragon type moves without, quite literally, using light that has imbued dragon power. And it's not just the name, Aurorus is obviously known for aurora light (I imagine Harmo Aurorus is no different since it has part-Electric type and Electric is related with light as well) and Foundrag has a body made of glowing lava, so it's not like those Pokémon don't have a strong light theme already.
Now let's see how Gamefreak implemented Liquid Voice. It turns sound moves into Water-type attacks, the opposite of what Draconic Light would do, but they work in similar ways thematically. Primarina doesn't literally vomit water in the form of soundwaves, just like how a Pokémon with Draconic Light doesn't have literal claws made of light to use Dragon Claw. Primarina uses its voice to control water, and the water~sound connection thematically creates the ability. Now, I'm not the one to come up with Draconic Light, but everything points to those Pokémon using, uhhhh, light to control dragon powers as I said before. Which would be reflected, no question about it. Even if they're not directly shooting dragon laser beams or something, well, neither is Primarina breathing water and spitting while singing. Just look at Sparking Aria's animation, and it's not even a move changed by Liquid Voice.

But as I said, there's only one Pokémon with an ability that reflects light-based moves and it's already immune to Dragon type attacks, light-based or not. It doesn't matter competitively to either HarmoGigalith or HarmoAurorus/Foundrag, it's more of a well-thought out detail that Gamefreak would love to add. The only thing that would change by implementing what I suggested is making it harder for people who'll code this. And since you already suggested buffing Draconic Light by adding Raging Winds immunity (for some reason), I don't think that you care about how hard it is to code the ability in the first place...
Raging Winds isn't solely a Flying weather, it's also a Dragon and Bug weather. Other points = taken

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
a few changes & new things (Bold is changed)

Split Worlds: Every move used by this pokemon gets a 0.5 priority increase.

Antigravity: Gains a ground immunity. This is not removed by the effect of Gravity.

Rubbery: Gives an Immunity to Electric Type Moves.

Thick Skin: Gives an immunity to all Super Effective attacks

Bellows: Raises Fire type attacks when hit by a Flying type attack (Works like flash fire, but damage is still taken)

Turbine: Raises Electric type attacks when hit by a Flying type attack

Radioactive: Deals 1/8 of the opponents HP at the end of each turn.

Auto-Repair: Heals 1/8 HP per turn

Pain: Raises attack and special attack 1 stage when at 33% HP or less

Panic: Raises Defence and Special Defence 1 stage when at 33% HP or less

Night Vision: Doubles this pokemon Accuracy in New Moon

Ambush: The first move this pokemon uses gains +3 priority and flinches the opponent. Only works on the first turn out. Doesn't activate on Status moves

Altertime: All this pokemon's attacks gain +5 priority

Neutral: Randomly switches between Plus and Minus

Trickster: This pokemon disguises itself as the pokemon it is nicknamed after.

Forewarn: Reveals the foes moveset

A couple of items:

Prism: Increases the power of light based moves by 30%

Time Crystal: This pokemon's Speed is doubled, but defences are cut to 2/3

a couple of moves:

Lighting Burst: 30 BP; Hits 3 times; last hit has a 10% chance to paralyze the foe; 24 PP; Electric Type; 95%

Thunderblade: 90 BP; 24 PP; 100% Accuracy; Electric Type

Plasma Claw: 90 BP; Has a 20% Chance to Burn or Paralyze; 16 PP; 90% Accuracy; Electric Type

X-Ray: 70 BP; has a 30% Chance to badly poison; 24 PP; 100% accuracy; Electric Type

Adrenaline: multiplies Speed & Attack by 1.5x for 3 turns; Fighting Type; 16 PP

Cryogenic Fire: 100 BP; has a 20% chance to freeze or burn the foe; 90% Accuracy; 8 PP; Fire + Ice type

Molt: Removes Status; Flying; 16 PP

Molten Glass: 150 BP; has a 100% chance to burn the foe; 50% accuracy; 8 PP; Ground type

Ludicrous Speed: 100 BP; +3 Priority; 5 PP; Normal type; 90% accuracy

Clear Skies: Removes the effect of any weather (Other than Extreme Sunlight, Heavy Rain and Raging Winds)

Aquagel: Provides an immunity to Fire Type Attacks; Can be used in the overworld to cross lava

Jet Stream: 120 BP; 70% Accuracy; Flying Type; 5 PP

And a new pokemon (Plz allow this Jerrytkrot)

Name: Neutri
Species: Cheering Pokemon
Typing: Electric
Ability: Neutral
Egg Group: Fairy

Stats:
- HP: 60
- Atk: 45
- Def: 45
- SpA: 80
- SpD: 80
- Speed: 95
Total: 405

Neutri_shiny.gif

Attachments

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
These multi type weathers got me thinking... Can we change harsh sunlight so Grass types don't get affected by extra Fire type damage? Would be a ×2 weakness instead of ×2×1.5=×3 weakness.

Ludicrousity Thick Skin is OP and Neutral is too weak but I like the rest. Oh and Adrenaline and Roost are also OP.

Ludicrousity

These multi type weathers got me thinking... Can we change harsh sunlight so Grass types don't get affected by extra Fire type damage? Would be a ×2 weakness instead of ×2×1.5=×3 weakness.

Ludicrousity Thick Skin OP and Neutral too weak but I like the rest. Oh and Adrenaline and Roost is also OP.
People say that things are OP. Remember, it can be used on a weak pokemon to make it viable... Thick Skin is just the opposite of Wonder Guard. Neutral is mainly supposed to be for Neutri, so it isn't intended to be fully viable. Adrenaline is only OP whilst it's active, although i could possibly nerf it to 2 turns or 1.5x. Roost isn't exactly OP, but I'll just make a new move that fulfils that role :P

Also, I'm gonna start a quick poll (If you wanna call it that):

Should there be a Pokebank Harmo tier along with the Singles and Doubles (Possibly Triples?)

I vote
Yes although I think it should have a different name than Pokebank. Something like Poketransfer Gen 8

Last edited:

Antigravity: Gains a ground immunity. This is not removed by the effect of Gravity.

Bellows: Raises Fire type attacks when hit by a Flying type attack (Works like flash fire, but damage is still taken)

Ambush: The first move this pokemon uses gains +3 priority and flinches the opponent. Only works on the first turn out. Doesn't activate on Status moves

A couple of items:

a couple of moves:

Lighting Burst: 30 BP; Hits 3 times; last hit has a 10% chance to paralyze the foe; 24 PP; Electric Type; 95%

Plasma Claw: 90 BP; Has a 20% Chance to Burn or Paralyze; 16 PP; 90% Accuracy; Electric Type

X-Ray: 70 BP; has a 30% Chance to badly poison; 24 PP; 100% accuracy; Electric Type

Cryogenic Fire: 100 BP; has a 20% chance to freeze or burn the foe; 90% Accuracy; 8 PP; Fire + Ice type

Molten Glass: 150 BP; has a 100% chance to burn the foe; 50% accuracy; 8 PP; Ground type

Clear Skies: Removes the effect of any weather (Other than Extreme Sunlight, Heavy Rain and Raging Winds)

Aquagel: Provides an immunity to Fire Type Attacks; Can be used in the overworld to cross lava

Stats:

View attachment 77896
Fine. but this is the last new one. Period. And it needs a HA. I suggest Motor Drive.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
People say that things are OP. Remember, it can be used on a weak pokemon to make it viable... Thick Skin is just the opposite of Wonder Guard.
True. It's better than Wonder Guard though since the mon would have 0 weaknesses.
Neutral is mainly supposed to be for Neutri, so it isn't intended to be fully viable.
Okay. I did a similar ability to Neutral in another metagame by making the Pokémon have both Plus and Minus effects, so it gets a 100% boost to SpAtk and activates others' Plus or Minus as well. But yours is better thematically I think.
Adrenaline is only OP whilst it's active, although i could possibly nerf it to 2 turns or 1.5x.
Yeah. 3 turns is enough to possibly wipe out half of the other team. It's basically a physical Geomancy for frail attackers, so changing it would be good. Or you could give it to bad fighting types like uhh Emboar, Hariyama, Hitmonchan and Primeape.
Roost isn't exactly OP, but I'll just make a new move that fulfils that role :P
Yes it is. Imagine how Pokémon like Dragonite, Kyurem-Black, Lati@s, Scizor, MegaZards would be OP without the threat of being burned/badly poisoned/paralyzed. You burned a Scizor while it was setting up? You thought it would cut its attack and deal passive damage? Too bad, Scizor can recover its HP, remove the burn and the attack drop and keep setting up. Not fair lol.

Also, I'm gonna start a quick poll (If you wanna call it that):

Should there be a Pokebank Harmo tier along with the Singles and Doubles (Possibly Triples?)

I vote
Yes although I think it should have a different name than Pokebank. Something like Poketransfer Gen 8
If we get a server to host this, sure. If not I'd restrict it to basic Singles OU with the available Pokémon only, until more people get to know the meta and stuff.

This is extremely good, make its distribution extremely limited :P

Once again, this is extremely OP, and it should only be given to Shedinja-like Pokémon

I really like this one :) good job

You better limit the distribution of this one too. Only very weak Pokémon should gain this ability, do not give it to something like Weavile, please

^ This is a joke right?

I'm not a huge fan of this one either :P

Please make this one very limited too :S

A couple of items:

Very cool, Ludi I really like this item :)

This one is pretty broken, either you make it exclusive (like Thick Club) or you nerf it. Multiplying by 1.5x seems fair to me

a couple of moves:

Ludi, I think this one is wayyy to good :P please give this one only to bad Pokémon

Hahaha I see what you did here. Just make sure to limit this one even more than E Speed, cuz +3 priority is just insane

I already made a move like that in this Pet Mod :)

This completely outclasses Hurricane :P imao you should make it 100% accurate but 90 BP

Stats:

View attachment 77896

Also, Im gonna edit th moves submission I made that apparently everyone forgot about...
Guys, here's a couple of moves I've thought of and I wanted to share to see if they're useful to this Pet Mod, if there's already a move that can fulfill the same role, feel free to ignore them. Here are the moves

Gyro Gear
PP: 20
BP: 70
ACC: 100
Steel
Physical

User switches out after using this move

Ghoul Wrath
PP: 5
BP: 130
ACC: 90
Ghost
Special

User's special attack stat is harshly reduced

Overdrive
Steel
Special

Meteor Shower
Rock
Special

Electrocution
PP: 15
BP: 80
Electric
Special

30% chance to burn

Frostbite
Ice
Special

30% chance to Burn

Radioactive Beam
Poison
Special

30% chance to Burn

Icy Dugs
Ice
Status

Deals damage whenever a Pokémon switches in:

0.25x weak to ice -> 1/32 HP
0.50x weak to ice -> 1/16 HP
1.00x weak to ice -> 1/8 HP
2.00x weak to ice -> 1/4 HP
4.00x weak to ice -> 1/2 HP

Upon using it, this move removes Stealth Rocks, Ember Spread and Brambles from the opponent's field

Ember Spread
Fire
Status

Deals damage whenever a Pokémon switches in:

0.25x weak to fire -> 1/32 HP
0.50x weak to fire -> 1/16 HP
1.00x weak to fire -> 1/8 HP
2.00x weak to fire -> 1/4 HP
4.00x weak to fire -> 1/2 HP

Upon using it, this move removes Stealth Rocks, Icy Dugs and Brambles from the opponent's field

Evil Impact
BP: 100
ACC: 80
Dark
Physical

Increased Crit Ratio

Cryogenic Crash
Ice
Physical

Increased Crit Ratio

Gigavolt Tackle
Electric
Physical

Increased Crit Ratio

Psychic Claws
Psychic
Physical

Increased Crit Ratio

Corrosion
BP: 70
Poison
Special

Hits Steel-Types Super Effectively

Magic Soil
Psychic
Status

Any Terrain or Hazard gets removed from both sides of the field

Clear Skies
Flying
Status

Removes any weather condition

Magma Maelstrom
BP: 120
Fire
Special

User uses the same attack for 2-3 turns then becomes confused

Blossom Bloom
BP: 150
Grass
Special

Base Power Varies on the user's HP and follows the equation:

BP = 150 * User's Total HP / User's current HP

Aero Strike
BP: 90
Flying
Physical

10% chance to flinch

Reaper's Havoc
PP: 10
Ghost
Physical

Calculates damage using target's Special Defense rather than Defense

Meditation
PP: 25
BP: 50
Psychic
Special

If the user knocks out the target with this move the user's Special Attack stat drastically raises (+3)

Pirouette Punch
PP: 30
BP: 25
Fairy
Physical

Hits 2-5 times

Ludicrousity

True. It's better than Wonder Guard though since the mon would have 0 weaknesses.
Okay. I did a similar ability to Neutral in another metagame by making the Pokémon have both Plus and Minus effects, so it gets a 100% boost to SpAtk and activates others' Plus or Minus as well. But yours is better thematically I think.
Yeah. 3 turns is enough to possibly wipe out half of the other team. It's basically a physical Geomancy for frail attackers, so changing it would be good. Or you could give it to bad fighting types like uhh Emboar, Hariyama, Hitmonchan and Primeape.
Yes it is. Imagine how Pokémon like Dragonite, Kyurem-Black, Lati@s, Scizor, MegaZards would be OP without the threat of being burned/badly poisoned/paralyzed. You burned a Scizor while it was setting up? You thought it would cut its attack and deal passive damage? Too bad, Scizor can recover its HP, remove the burn and the attack drop and keep setting up. Not fair lol.

If we get a server to host this, sure. If not I'd restrict it to basic Singles OU with the available Pokémon only, until more people get to know the meta and stuff.
I may possibly be able to get this up on a server. But I think the server died :/

Ludicrousity

This is extremely good, make its distribution extremely limited :P
It is currently only on Phantolive, and is an edit to make it less RNG based :P

Once again, this is extremely OP, and it should only be given to Shedinja-like Pokémon
Definitely. I wouldn't do otherwise.

I really like this one :) good job
Thanks, I think I'm most proud of this one, even if it it kinda uncompetitive

You better limit the distribution of this one too. Only very weak Pokémon should gain this ability, do not give it to something like Weavile, please
Please stop telling me to limit distribution. I already know to do that. It basically turns any move into Fake Out.

^ This is a joke right?
Nope. Just really limiting distribution. Probably gonna lower it to +3 instead though. Once again, only for weak pokemon that would be unviable otherwise

I'm not a huge fan of this one either :P
This was originally gonna be a random pokemon, but that relies on luck, which isn't too fun.

Please make this one very limited too :S
This hasn't actually been given to any gen 8 pokemon iirc

A couple of items:

Very cool, Ludi I really like this item :)

This one is pretty broken, either you make it exclusive (like Thick Club) or you nerf it. Multiplying by 1.5x seems fair to me
Or I could cut the defences to 1/2. 1.5X would make it like a choice scarf that turns it into a glass cannon

Ludi, I think this one is wayyy to good :P please give this one only to bad Pokémon
Did you read the 50% accuracy and 8PP?

Ludicrous Speed: 100 BP; +3 Priority; 8 PP; Normal type; 90% accuracy

Hahaha I see what you did here. Just make sure to limit this one even more than E Speed, cuz +3 priority is just insane
That's why it only has 8PP and 90% accuracy

I already made a move like that in this Pet Mod :)
My bad, didn't realise

Jet Stream: 120 BP; 70% Accuracy; Flying Type; 8 PP

This completely outclasses Hurricane :P imao you should make it 100% accurate but 90 BP
10 more BP, The same Accuracy, 8PP instead of 16, No confuse chance.
How does this outclass Hurricane? If anything, I should buff it to be on par

Ludicrousity I though you were coming up with all of thes abilities/moves/items. I didn't read the part that some already existed my bad... that's why I kept insisting on the low distribution thing :S

-Time Crystal would look very good even with the defense halving, that's because most of the Pokemon that want extra speed wouldn't really care too much about its Defenses. Think Tapu Bulu, for example, if it had its speed doubled, it'd outspeed the entire unboosted Harmo transfer OU meta and still pack a punch on its Attacks. It really wouldn't care too much about bulk. So imao there are very few scenarios where Choice Scarf or Torment Boots would be used over Time Crystal

-For Molten Glass I really did miss the accuracy part, my bad

-For Jet Stream, most of the time, a Pokémon with access to both Jet Stream and Hurricane would be choosing Jet, because of its higher BP, since the accuracy is the same

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Also, Im gonna edit th moves submission I made that apparently everyone forgot about...
I really like Ice type Stealth Rocks and I feel that it was the missing piece in balancing the metagame. Flying types were and probably still are the single most overcentralizing type in the metagame. Think Landorus-Therian, the most overcentralizing Gen 7 OU Pokémon right now, 45% usage amongst top players, except it has 1-turn 135 BP Fly with STAB and immunity to chip damage from Raging Winds. Sounds like a horribly broken metagame. But how impactful would it be after Ice type Stealth Rocks, with that x4 weakness? Garchomp too would be more balanced, although the landshark is a much smaller problem. And as for overpowered Harmo Pokemon who'd be uhh less overpowered, the 10 Aurulong forms, Dresla, Mendeleviathan, Newtearth and other high BST Dragons (there are a LOT of Dragons).

Since I started talking about hazards, I can talk about my next suggestion. Not that related to exploudit's post but I don't want to doublepost.
There are still a bunch of Flying types who wouldn't feel a change because they're weak to Rocks already. They'd still take the same amount of damage from Ice and still be overpowered. HOWEVER when you think about it, those Pokemon were already getting benefits from Grass type Stealth Rock AKA Brambles. All those Flying types, most of them who resist Grass, would simply see better results in the New First Gen metagame because people would be using Brambles. With Icy Dugs they're screwed either way so they don't get even more overpowered. What I'm trying to say is, on top of adding Ice type Stealth Rocks, we should probably change how Brambles works as well. It's not just Flying types, using http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage you can see how Grass is a terrible offensive typing, 390 of the real Pokémon would resist Brambles, 179 would take super effective damage from it. Compare that to Rock's 150 resists and 248 super effective damages. Or Ice's 245/267. Brambles is a terrible hazard currently.

I want to hear everyone's opinions on this, I'm suggesting to change someone else's move after all. I think Brambles should have the Leech Seed effect without being removable by switching out. Leech Seed and it would be stackable.

I really like Ice type Stealth Rocks and I feel that it was the missing piece in balancing the metagame. Flying types were and probably still are the single most overcentralizing type in the metagame. Think Landorus-Therian, the most overcentralizing Gen 7 OU Pokémon right now, 45% usage amongst top players, except it has 1-turn 135 BP Fly with STAB and immunity to chip damage from Raging Winds. Sounds like a horribly broken metagame. But how impactful would it be after Ice type Stealth Rocks, with that x4 weakness? Garchomp too would be more balanced, although the landshark is a much smaller problem. And as for overpowered Harmo Pokemon who'd be uhh less overpowered, the 10 Aurulong forms, Dresla, Mendeleviathan, Newtearth and other high BST Dragons (there are a LOT of Dragons).

Since I started talking about hazards, I can talk about my next suggestion. Not that related to exploudit's post but I don't want to doublepost.
There are still a bunch of Flying types who wouldn't feel a change because they're weak to Rocks already. They'd still take the same amount of damage from Ice and still be overpowered. HOWEVER when you think about it, those Pokemon were already getting benefits from Grass type Stealth Rock AKA Brambles. All those Flying types, most of them who resist Grass, would simply see better results in the New First Gen metagame because people would be using Brambles. With Icy Dugs they're screwed either way so they don't get even more overpowered. What I'm trying to say is, on top of adding Ice type Stealth Rocks, we should probably change how Brambles works as well. It's not just Flying types, using http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage you can see how Grass is a terrible offensive typing, 390 of the real Pokémon would resist Brambles, 179 would take super effective damage from it. Compare that to Rock's 150 resists and 248 super effective damages. Or Ice's 245/267. Brambles is a terrible hazard currently.

I want to hear everyone's opinions on this, I'm suggesting to change someone else's move after all. I think Brambles should have the Leech Seed effect without being removable by switching out. Leech Seed and it would be stackable.
A version of leech seed that switching doesn't remove just sounds insanely annoying and would really power up Stall. I don't approve of powering up Stall.
More hazards just seems unnecessary.
As for overcentralizing flying types, overcentralizing stuff tends to get banned and Landorus/Chomp may not be available.

Maybe Brambles a little bit more damage. Like 15% to neutral, 30% to weak, 60% to quad weak and so on, but tbh, I think brambles can be balanced because it has different setters than SR, Icy Dugs and Ember Spread. There are plenty of Bulky grasses now and that is just less teambuilding concern, if your team already has a Tangrowth, for example you wouldn't need to add SR over Will O Wisp on your Alolan Marowak for example. Idk, but I feel like it is kind of balanced as it is

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
A version of leech seed that switching doesn't remove just sounds insanely annoying and would really power up Stall. I don't approve of powering up Stall.
More hazards just seems unnecessary.
As for overcentralizing flying types, overcentralizing stuff tends to get banned and Landorus/Chomp may not be available.
Why would we ban things that we can nerf and change lol

Maybe Brambles a little bit more damage. Like 15% to neutral, 30% to weak, 60% to quad weak and so on, but tbh, I think brambles can be balanced because it has different setters than SR, Icy Dugs and Ember Spread. There are plenty of Bulky grasses now and that is just less teambuilding concern, if your team already has a Tangrowth, for example you wouldn't need to add SR over Will O Wisp on your Alolan Marowak for example. Idk, but I feel like it is kind of balanced as it is
The team would always benefit more from SR than Brambles unless it had a bunch of Fire types who are weak to Water/Ground/Rock moves.

EDIT: I calculated the damage needed for Brambles to be equal to Stealth Rock in real Pokémon and it would have to be 1.2 times stronger than SR to make it worth it. Which is exactly what you suggested lol. I'd say that those are good numbers.

Last edited:
Why would we ban things that we can nerf and change lol

The team would always benefit more from SR than Brambles unless it had a bunch of Fire types who are weak to Water/Ground/Rock moves.

EDIT: I calculated the damage needed for Brambles to be equal to Stealth Rock in real Pokémon and it would have to be 1.2 times stronger than SR to make it worth it. Which is exactly what you suggested lol. I'd say that those are good numbers.
lando is unlikely to be available in the main meta anyway so...

New costume I guess:

Item Name: Soul Chain
Possible Holder(s): Chingling and Chimecho
Result: Spirit Bell Chingling, Spirit Chime Chimecho
New Type: Ghost (Chingling), Ghost/Steel (Chimecho)
Abilities: Levitate/Cursed Body (HA; Only obtainable if a Chingling found in the wild is holding the Soul Chain (Using what ever method of getting HAs is))
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Dark Pulse, Will-O-Wisp, Spirit Shackle*
New Stats:
Chingling-
HP: 45
Atk: 30 -> 20 (-10)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 50 -> 70 (+20)
Spe: 45 -> 35 (-10)
BST: 285 -> 305

Chimecho-
HP: 75
Atk: 50 -> 40 (-10)
Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpA: 95 -> 105 (+10)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)
BST: 455 -> 475

Turns Chimecho from a Psychic-type outclassed in almost every way by Reuniclus or to a lesser extent Grumpig into an interesting Defensive Pokemon with an interesting typ to boot. Steel/Ghost is a great typing on Aegislash and I'd say that it would work wonders for Chimecho. Chimecho's movepool is gigantic, with great moves like Recover, Wish, Healing Wish, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, and Heal Bell to name a few and the addition of Will-O-Wisp and Flash Cannon would certainly help.
Flavor wise, something about the chain being able to channel spirits from the underworld and people (Think Dr. Feciler or however you spell it from Disney's Princess and the Frog) using it on something like a bell or a chime in order to revisit loved ones or raise an army.

* - If Spirit Shackle is wished to be kept as a signature move for Decidueye, then replace with Hex
This was glossed over awhile ago. While I know that most of this Pet Mod isn't on the doc, I don't think this was ever acknowledged, so I'd like to get an opinion on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)