Poll: What tier would you like modded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Arcticblast and Birkal (who said it was fine because arcticblast did)

So a while ago I figured out how to host a Pokemon Showdown server and how easy it is to modify stats, pokemon typings, pokemon abilities, type chart, (I try to be minimal with that) and then later found out I could pull off other things as well. However, I'd like some input from the Other Metagames community before fully introducing the mod.

Please put your votes in bold at the top of the post after quoting the question. When multiple options are acceptable put them in the order of preference, most liked to least liked.

Note that all options will likely lead to silly and bizarre changes so if you are a stickler for everything being flavor or for minimalism this mod is not for you :<. However, if you take things lightheartedly and like bizarre things as long as they're fun for the community I think you have a good chance of liking this mod.

Q1: What tier/level of power should the mod be based around?
1. Super Ubers (Singles and Doubles)
2. UU
3. RU
4. PU
5. NU
6. NU (massive nerf)
7. None of the above, I would like a different tier.

Super Ubers: the mod will be based around increasing the power of the ubers tier and modding pokemon from multiple tiers to this new level of power. CAP pokemon are allowed.
This is what we currently have on the server. Note that the crazy magic bounce pokemon are there to check not having sleep clause. Note that I am currently working with Hyperbeem to develop a stronger leftovers made just for defensive pokemon and that it is very much a WIP in particular.

If you want to see more here is what was implemented on the now defunct server which was lost due to a computer issues.

UU: the mod will be centered around changing UU pokemon and other factors to make UU more interesting. Weather will be unbanned but nerfed.
Here are some of the strange and bizarre ideas I have for UU. Everything is discussable and possibly thrown out.

RU: the mod will be centered around changing RU pokemon and other factors to make RU more interesting. I sort of want to bring weather to RU but either way is fine depending on what the playerbase wants.

PU: a mod based around PU. What could be more fun than the lowest tier of pokemon; it's full of weird and flawed pokemon.

NU: a mod based around NU. Unlike PU, NU is much better documented than PU making it arguebly easier to mod and is still full of interesting pokemon.

NU (massive nerf): a mod about drastically decreasing the power of NU so that pokemon are closer to previous gen levels. Should be good for resulting in all sorts of weirdness.

Q2: Sleep Clause and Stall
I feel that we should start off our mod without sleep clause. Why do such a strange thing? Because it's balanced in glitchmons and balanced hackmons...aka it can be balanced through magic bounce. However, magic bounce is an extremely anti-stall ability and for the sake of stall play it must be comphensated one way or another or perhaps have the sleep clause reinstated and magic bounce taken away.
1. Boost stall without modifying or taking away magic bounce
2. make hazards unbounceable.
3. make an ability that only reflects sleep and use that instead of magic bounce.
4. reinstate sleep clause and play with few magic bounce pokemon
5. buff hazards but keep them bounceable.

Q3: Sleep 2
Even if sleep clause is not used the question of spore + moldbreaker comes up. In balanced hackmons this is balanced because of magic coat. However, magic coating sleep is obviously nowhere as good as being able to magic bounce sleep. How do you feel about this?
1. No spore + moldbreaker, sleep is strong enough.
2. It should be allowed, given that magic coat is given to pokemon liberally enough.
3. I'd be ok with it if the pokemon was weak enough or slow enough, or maybe make it weak and slow. This assumes many pokemon have magic coat.

Q4: Do you have a mod in mind but don't have a server to put it on?
1. Yes, and I'd like to contribute my ideas to this mod.
2. Yes, but I am not interested in your mod, sorry.
3. Nope.

Captain <3

Other in my opinion. I am kind of sick of gen 5 tiers, and thinkwe should explore random other tiers that nobody has played in years. Like ADV NU. What? I don't know anything about it, but it could be fun. I think it could also be fun to bring new pokemon into old generations. An example of this would be putting gen five pokemon into gen3, when explosion still worked and before the physical special set. Also certain moves were not created yet. Standard garchomp would not even have a dragon move! Gliscor would do good with swords dance and STAB hp flying, a lot like gyarados.

Initial ubers would be kyurem, victini, kyurem-b, and maybe heatran. As well as dialga/palkia/giratina/darkrai/shaymin-s/reshiram/genesect/zekrom.

Ooh, putting everything into 3rd gen rules would be awesome. Back when Regice still walled half the fire types anyway, and Azumarill couldn't use both STAB and its amazing attack stat at the same time. :naughty:

I guess it's time I post in here, it is Friday after all.

You want physical/special based on types? I can probably pull that off with a script.
Want a mod based on past gen pokemon? Yeah we could uh, make a mod based on 3rd gen NU. Also 2nd gen may or may not be implemented well in Pokemon Showdown.

Anyway, there are a lot of options if you want an "old gen/old gen feel" sort of mod. Tbh, I really like the physical/special split. It gave a bunch of pokemon useable STABs and imo, in some ways increased offensive variety.

You want something dramatically new? Something that isn't "oh it's that old gen 5 again." Well I don't even have to actually use a past gen exactly. For example, I could drastically modify ubers to feel like a totally different tier or I could say mod PU, which feels pretty different itself imo. I mean, let's say one of the main problems of PU is how bad stall is. We could undoubtedly rectify that. Boost defensive mons and nerf the biggest problem offensive pokemon. Hell, why not do that for 5th gen in general?

Don't like Stealth Rock? I can nerf it and take it away from a bunch of pokemon.

About that physical/special thing: Hey let's make outrage special or nerf it...hell maybe both. How about taking away the strongest physical dragon moves from Garchomp?

I'm not saying that a past gen mod is a terrible option but I think that there's a lot of good in gen 5 and that making something radically different that doesn't come with the usual gen 5 problems isn't something we can't do.

I really think an uber mod would be fantastic if many pokemon in the lower tiers were buffed.150 base attack Scizor?,maybe a 110 offenses Smeargle? I can see Super Ubers being the most flexible and balanced metagame possible.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Q1
I think PU would be fun to mod, as there are a lot of interesting pokemon in PU, and a lot of pokemon in general. Super Ubers could be fun too - it allows us to make brokemons, which are always fun. I think either PU or Ubers (maaybe NU) would be neat for this.

Q2
I think we should still have Sleep Clause, because unlike in BH, not every pokemon will have magic bounce, and unlike BH it's obvious when they do. I think there are better ways to buff stall than to nerf Magic Bounce / buff hazards, so I think Sleep Clause and Magic Bounce should probably stay the same. In fact, I would say to buff Stall we can nerf Stealth Rocks but buff Spikes, and make the Magic Bouncers weak to certain spikers.

Q3
I think we should avoid Mold Breaker + Sleep, except maybe on one pokemon that would be garbage otherwise, as to give it a niche. Although tbh, Mold Breaker + Sleep won't be that powerful if we keep Sleep Clause on - it just means we can sleep magic bouncers and insmonia mon. Keep in mind that Mold Breaker Sleep would remove another potentially useful ability on it, so I don't think it's too powerful.

Q4
Yes, and I'd like to contribute my ideas to this mod.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
definitely super ubers, and definitely don't go back to ADV Physical/Special imo

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i Would like to see a PU buff, it would be fun seeing things like krickitune and plusle in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)