Potato's comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Ok, I'll be clear.

Why not reviving the old Potato Awards?

In my opinion, the project that Nixhex started like 9 months ago was a great idea.

Nixheh said:
In OU I envision about one to two weeks. By winning the Potato Award, your name will be featured in this stickied thread for all to see. By winning it multiple times (not necessarily in a row and not too many times), you are eligible for further awards, potentially adding some pixel candy to your post bit.
This project was really cool, it encouraged people to keep posting and contributing the site and, possibly, get a recognizing badge if your posts and discussions had enough quality. During those weeks I saw how the activity increased like a boom, people were eager to discuss and share their point of view as well as helping the new Smogonites in the Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer thread. However, the project died. Two weeks passed, three weeks, a month, two months, three months, but no Potato was chosen.

I understand that keeping the thing up is a huge responsibility, but if it is possible to start it again...why not?

Link to thread (old good Potato): http://smogon.com/forums/threads/potatoes-for-christmas-shurtugal.3471378/

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason this died is that we just never really posted it again. It's that simple. However, the OU mods periodically search for new CC badge candidates, so we use that instead of Potato. @Chou Toshio is the latest winner. As far as other forums go, those mods are free to implement the Potato as they see fit, but this is just how the OU forum ended up neglecting it.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
fuck

is there any way i can remove someone's like from my post i don't think i am based enough to deserve a thumbs up from the doctor himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)