Power (A balanced RMT)

The Reason: (Intro)

Ohai der, after countless weeks of making hundreds of decent teams only to be crushed by stall, I finally decided to give it one more shot. This team unlike my others is balanced making stall a bit easier to handle, I had constantly been making failed Hyper Offensive teams only to win about half of them which was really pissing me off.
I was seeing my teams barely had any synergy and was lacking moves like Taunt to prevent setting up right in my face. So with this team I decided to change that! I have been winning about 90% of my games only losing I think like 2-3 times in about 15 battles and that was just because of my complete stupidity.

If only there were some kind of process telling of how the team was built... Owait!

Team Building Process:

Well I knew I wanted a poke that was bulky, could take hits, and could take status problems (Yes I'm talking to you Breloom/Smeargle/Rose).
After thinking for a tough 10-12 seconds, I knew I had to have a RestTalking Machamp in my team, and would be based on him.

Now I needed something also bulky that could stop a sweep AND stall in their tracks.
I thought about MixMence but he was more of a Wallbreaker so I decided Dose has decent synergy with Champ (yes I'm looking at you Rotom). So Bulkydose was in.

Now I thought to myself I need something that can stop a dragon sweep while maintaining a lead,
Standard Swampy fit perfectly for the spot also giving a solid (get it?) electric resist that Dose needs.

Having 2 bulky physical sweepers I knew I would need a fast revenge killer, more importantly a dragon killer.
Flygon was out of the question, leading me to of course Latias and her amazingness of revenge killing, bulk, ability to break walls with trick, and coverage working quiet well with Machamp, Dose, and Swampy.

Next I needed a dragon resist as I had none on my team, but I also needed priority, I first thought of Metagross but then I remembered the #1 used bug in OU fitting perfectly with a nice ability to scout, yes Scizors infamous CB set.

_________

I now needed another special sweeper that could resist alot of things, dent things, but most importantly had good synergy with the team.
Originally in this slot was a NP Infernape with Focus Blast, flamethrower, and VW for priority, but he just wasnt right for the team at all.
I later decided to go with Heatran giving me another much needed dragon resistance, and of course pairing nicely with Scizor and the rest of the gang. Heatran was in.

_________

_________

Note: I accept replacements and move changes on all EXCEPT Machamp.
Changes will be UNDERLINED.

A Closer Look Inside the Pokeball:

---

Piplupz (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/8 Spd/48 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

---

Swampy is a very simple, easy, reliable lead. The only other lead he really loses to is Roserade and Infernape carrying Grass Knot. Swampys goal is pretty much to set up rocks of course, while breaking sashes. I try to keep Swampy alive as long as possible for lategame death fodder or a Mence/Flygon/Gliscor check if it comes to it.
Roar is self explanitory, to phaze/scout.
If it's a lead say like Skarmory I'll just roar it out after SR.

---

Punchbug (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---

Well, seeing on how rarely this thing is ever used, the suprise factor is huge... Owait!

Yeah this bug's statistics have found its way on yet another team, and for good reason, it works.

Bullet Punch is naturally for revenge killing or denting anything that doesnt resist it (even then it dents it). U-turn is what makes this overused bug so dangerous scouting out it's counters, Pursuit to kill off ghost/phycics, and Superpower for coverage.
Scizors your same ol' Jo. I usually do like to send Scizor out EARLY game to just weaken the pokes instead of doing the opposite but he usually stays around to lategame.

---

Om nom nom (Heatran) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse
---
Heatran is a demon, thats the truth. I switch into something it resist and wreak havoc. I got sick and tired of Fire Blast missing so I decided to run Flamethrower instead. Just taking care of steels,etc whatever doesn't resist it. Earthpower to hit things SE and other Heatran. Dragon Pulse when I dont know what the crap my opponent is about to send/do or to take care of those Dragons whether they are locked into Outrage or not.
Explosion is for a big boom when something goes wrong, in which it ALWAYS does... It's my "OH F button." I don't like to sacrifice Heatran early due to Scizors weakness and an endgame dragon sweep, but if I do see a Blissey.... well Heatran doesn't like those bitches.

---

Hulk (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
- Dynamicpunch
- Stone Edge/Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

The MVP of this team...
God I love this things new sprite, but I like his ability more.

Everyone knows him, everyone hates/loves him. This, like Scizor is an easy discription. Dynamicpunch whatever the crap doesn't resist and Stone Edge whatever Dynamicpunch can't. Yes, that's IT. I'm thinking about running payback as my team has a decent ghost weakness, (Rotom) but Stone Edge has saved my ass so many times drom incoming Dose/Mence that stay in on Champ to be killed by SE. Rest and Sleep Talk are to maximize his killing spree and to absorb status. Nothing else to say really.

---

Airplane (Latias) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick
---

Latias, good ol' Latias, I have always hated this thing with such a passion that I wanted to burn babies with lit cigerettes... So I decided I wanted others to feel the same way! ;D

Latias is my special revenge killer an puts a dent into ANYTHING bar Blissey and steels with DM, Thunderbolt for coverage against pesky bulky waters, etc. and surf for coverage. Trick is obviously to either screw a switch-in, or screw a wall. (Blissey you whore)

Latias has a simple job, and it does it well, Kill dem bitches.

---

Intimidate (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
---

Gyarados, my only setup sweeper, and due to this needs some bulk. Standard Bulkydose here, when offensive DD on the switch causing electric types to fly everywhere to be nullified by Swampy if I can't KO/outspeed. Waterfall whatever I can kill/dent and Stone Edge for coverage, hitting other Dose as well as Mence and anything SE against it.
SE has saved me from so many other Dose that have gotten a DD up yet to only be killed by my SE. What really makes this so awsome though is Taunt. Shutting down stall, phazing, and lets me rack up DD's like a guy at a strip club.

And there you have it, this is my 3rd RMT but I have been playing Competitively for a couple months now so don't beat me with a shovel.
AND ONE LAST LOOK AT THE TEAM!

hello,

This team definitely deserves a rating! And i have to admit i really like this team, very nice, clinical, and to the point. Now before i start i feel it is necessary to say that the once great CB Scizor and typical DDance Gyarados is slowly but SURELY coming to an end (to my disappointment).
The thing is, as scizor is #1 most used and gyarados in almost everyones team as well, makes them one of the first on peoples check list to counter. Sadly it feels to me that unless you retain an unexpected pokemon, the game simply becomes a revenge killing chain.

So hear my warning very clear. Its not that i don't like these pokemon, (gyarados is actually my fav. pokemon and scizor is defs up there) it is that they should, from now on, become an exercised caution when in use. I hope i made that clear. Anyways, my suggestion to overcome this issue is to dispose of gyarados, utilise a grosslead and which gives you a couple of options in gyarados postion. I still believe at this point that scizor is vital to most teams and is of good use. However more and more people have magnezone in their team to counter scizors abilities. Sooo to clear up what I've said;

1) metagross @Occa Berry
ability: clear body
nature:Adament
Ev's:252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe (I may suggest higher speed ev's to outspeed other metagross leads)
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

This is a tad unorthodox as far as move sets goes, but highly effective nonetheless. The main purpose of this set is to set up Stealth Rock as early as possible while dealing with the most common leads in today's metagame. Metagross is one of the most reliable leads due to its great typing and defenses, and will almost guarantee that you get Stealth Rock up near the beginning of a match. Not a suicide lead so able to perform a 'mini' sweep.

2) Now you can do one of three things to replace gyarados.
- Keep swampert as a defensive wall.
- Vaporeon as a standard wish support.
- An offensive(ish) Suicune
Me personally, would go for option 3 (I recently made this change; from gyarados to offensive suicune for more bulk)
In this case if you choose to go with my advice for suicune then this is what you are looking for:

Suicune @ leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 200 HP / 58 Spe / 252 SpA
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- HP(Electric)
Suicune functions well as a tank, but an often overlooked role it can play is offensive; not only does it have the element of surprise, it can sweep easily enough with decent Speed, a high base 90 Special Attack, and almost impeccable coverage with Surf, Ice Beam, and Hidden Power Electric. After a single Calm Mind, Suicune can become a powerful sweeper given its superb Special Attack and wide coverage of its move set. Honestly he is awesome and i really hope you give it a go.

Well, I hope you go well and good luck.

It really was a good team, hopefully this gives it that competitive edge that its needs :D.

Ah thanks alot for the rate bro, I'm gunna test Suicine and Gross out, and I have noticed Scizor and Doss counters popping up everwhere. xD

But I like that Suicine alot, can't believe I never thought of it.

I would recommend this EV spread on Scizor:

160 HP / 176 Atk / 4 Spe / 168 SpD

This set is much bulkier specially, letting it KO nearly every version of Scizor, while maintaining quite a bit of power.

Iv'e tested Suicine out and he's been getting alot of kills so I'm prolly keeping him, Gross is being a pretty decent lead atm, OHKOing most of them or breaking their sash so I'll keep him in as well. Thanks ;D

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cool team here, I got a couple of suggestions in mind. Firstly, I think you should revert to an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA on Swampert to take advantage of taking physical hits much better, most importantly Salamence, Tyranitar, and Gliscor. To elaborate on "much better", I mean Salamence only has a 98% chance to OHKO with a +1 Outrage with Life Orb, while Tyranitar can only muster a 3HKO with a CB Crunch. Gliscor doesn't even close. Jolly Flygon can 3HKO with Outrage with your Leftovers. While Tyranitar is checked by Scizor, Swampert should be the only one checking it in case of Tyranitar carrying Babiri Berry. This is definitely the better option.

With Heatran, I think placing a Choice Scarf on it would be the better option to check SD Lucario while maintaining good Speed. Instead of flamethrower, I would highly suggest Fire Blast to hurt Gyarados / Salamence switch-ins for a good 20-30% damage and with SR down, it brings them down to OHKO range from Scizor's bullet punch, etc.

With that being said, flex up Latias' movepool and go with the standard Life Orb + 3 attacks set. Draco Meteor / Thunderbolt / Surf / Recover should be the better option over Scarf. Scarf is iffy on Latias, but this way you can hit switch-ins more freely with a Life Orb boost. Salamence isn't really a concern because you have Scizor, as well as Heatran and Swampert to check it. With Recover, you can heal of from Heatran, Infernape, and Jolteon's hits. Sooner or later, Latias can't take these hits constantly from them, and it will die out soon.

As for other options, Machamp might want an ev spread of 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe. The Speed is for minimum Speed, Skarmory, this way you can DynamicPunch it first and get the confusion first. This prevents it from healing first, setting up easily, and getting hit by Brave Bird first. On Swampert, Hidden Power Electric over Roar is a sweet way of checking Gyarados and I'm pretty sure it can OHKO with SR down and if it has taken Life Orb recoil. Overall gl.

Wohoo, first rate on the Smog. But anyway, here's mah rate.

Firstly, as an avid Swamp user, I would suggest you change your EV spread to 236 HP/216 Def/56 SpA. Now I know you are staring at this thinking wtf mate?!?!!?, but 236 HP hits 400 HP, which is quite bulky, and reaches maximum lefites, without sacrificing much. While 216 Def, hits a jump point in EVs, with a Relaxed nature, and 56 SpA gives him that happy boost in SpA everyone loves. Now speed EVs aren't needed as, really,outrunning other Swamp isn't that big of a deal, and there isn't much in that speed range anyway. Now I would suggest Protect over Roar. Pseudo-phazing with Roar is great on paper, but no recovery moves, it is kinda pointless. You sit there and waste HP, with slow recovery in the name of Lefties, while losing way more than you gain. Protect gives you much better opprotunites against leads, such as Fake Out leads, and Explode leads. Though if you do plan on staying with Roar, I would suggest going with this EV spread. 236 HP/252 Def/20 SpDef. Now its close to the set suggested above, but having a lil more investment into SpDef, for better phazing skillz.

Now just to finish, your team could benefit from a little stall in the name of SubTran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid
Flash Fire
40 HP/252 SpAtk/216 Spe
-Substitute
-Lava Plume/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Earth Power/Dragon Pulse
-Toxic
This guy helps you beat many stalls, while still being about to hit hard. It is a psuedo Blisssey spread, but still gets the job done. Sub is what makes it SubTran, while the Fire move is your choice, Lava Plume gets higher burn rate iirc. Earth Power/Dragon Pulse is the filler, while Toxic helps beat Blissey stalls, which destro this set otherwise.

Well, GL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)