Power Of Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I was tweaking my PU team and decided to add Pikachu-Belle and that is when I learned the power of Pikachu:

Name:Stall'n'Strike
Item:Light Ball
Ability:Lightning Rod/Assault Vest
Move 1:Icicle Crash
Move 2:Volt Switch
Move 3:Brick Break
Move 4:Nuzzle
Nature:Jolly/Naive
52 HP
252 Atk
44 Def
160 Spe

Moves
Icicle Crash is why this set exists, it's a great coverage move with a good chance to flinch the opponent. In combination with Nuzzle's guaranteed chance of paralysis, you have a great stall set that plays well on both PU and NU, even if you're facing a ground type you have a fair chance of keeping them where they are. Volt Switch is the automatic second especially when the target is about to burn you or when they're about to set up entry hazards. (That will be explained in Teammates) In my opinion, Brick Break is more of a filler move. There wasn't much else I could think of to add to it so I added Brick Break in case of screens, but I'm sure somebody could add something much better than Brick Break I just can't see what.

Items/Nature
Light Ball is very important, it doubles Pikachu's attack and special attack but you should only use the Light Ball if you use a Naive Pikachu which will allow Volt Switch to be stronger. However, if you use a Jolly Pikachu then the Assault Vest is what you want since this set has no status moves which will boost Pikachu's special defense but Volt Switch will be weaker than the Naive set.

Teammates
This Pikachu works best with Pokemon that have Magic Bounce, specifically an Xatu with Haze to reduce sweepers setting up to ruble. Since Xatu has Magic Bounce it can prevent Pikachu from getting burned which would lower it's attack or entry hazards. Or if you're not using Xatu, you could use a Pokemon with Heal Bell like Granbull or Audino. Pikachu also goes well with Pokemon who are immune to ground and know rapid spin like Cryogonal and Claydol who can be Volt Switched in to take a ground move and then Rapid Spin or do something else like Toxic or set up screens. They can do whatever you want them to do just don't use Recover if you think that your Cryogonal needs it when he's only at 74%, learnt by past experience.

Take in mind this is still a WIP so if you could adjust anything just comment it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Also to see someone get completely wrecked with this Pikachu then watch this:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-268034743

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)