XY NU Powerful Nu Offense (First RMT Post)

Here I go... This is my first RMT and i believe a really solid team. It's spike stacking offense with strong mons to rip apart and clean up teams. Please try it out and rate any flaws you see, any improvements are welcome :]

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

I started the team looking for a lead who could set up both stealth rock and spikes. I was between omastar or crustle and chose omastar due to his better lead matchup agaisnt common leads. Stealth rocks and spikes are mandatory while scald and ice beam are for offensive presence. Focus sash is the item to possibly survive a attack and either retaliate with a attack or set up more hazards.

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Swords Dance

My main sweeper of the team SD Feraligatr. Amazing power after set up and relative ease to find opportunities to set up a SD with its good bulk and rip teams apart. Swords dance is for obvious set up while waterfall is their for a reliable STAB move, aqua jet for priority to hit faster frail or weakened members of opposing team and return for best coverage with decent power. Lum berry is the item of choice for even more opportunities for set up.

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Next pokemon i choose was mesprit for its good power and coverage which makes it hard to switch into. Psyshock is for STAB and hitting specially defensive mons on the physical side. Energy ball is for coverage and catching certain mons by surprise. Hidden power fire is for hitting steel types which resist the other moves on this set and healing wish is for utility and healing a weakend or statused member of the team. Mesprit can remove checks or counter for feraligatr such as vileplume, seismitoad, ferroseed and others.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 44 HP / 92 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Surf
- Psychic

Slurpuff is here because its a amazing sweeper in case feraligatr isn't able to sweep or the opposing team is extremely weak to slurpuff coverage moves. Calm mind is there to set up on the special side, dazzling gleam is the strongest realiable STAB move, surf is to hit fire and steel types that resist fairy whilepsychic is there to round out the coverage and hit poison types. Ev's are to max out attacking power and after the unburden boost to outspeed the entire relevant NU tier with a few ev's for a bit of bulk on the physical side. Sitrus berry is to activate the unburden boost and with slurpuff's bulk after a calm mind it is almost always going to survive the hit and utilize the berry.

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Spiritomb is the team's spin blocker and psychic/ghost check. Black glasses is to boost it's dark move STAB's. Max Attack and Hp are for most power and bulk. Will-o-wisp is to stop physical mons that want to muscle through spiritomb, pursuit in combination with sucker punch can create 50/50 scenarios where the opposing mon is force to attack or switch out. Shadow sneak is a STAB priority for when predicting a attack isn't neccesary.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Thunderbolt

Dragalge was the teams glue pokemon and is there to act as a pivot which provides some bulk and many resistances for the team. Scald is to fetch for burns, sludge wave is there as a reliable STAB move, dragon tail is to shuffle a team around and possibly erase stat boost attained by opposing mons and thunderbolt is for coverage to possibly catch the occasional mantine for good damage. Black sludge is for some recovery and Ev's to balance out both defenses.

This is the team. Hope it brings some good results to anyone who try it out :] Looking foward to the rates.

http://pastebin.com/AYPzdR41

Last edited:
Spiritomb is a currently banned, and I feel your team would make good use out of Scarf Rotom over it as you lack a revenge killer, and Rotom can not only revenge kill, but trick its scarf onto opponents as well as continue to spinblock. I honestly do not see what your current defensive Dragalge does for your team so maybe change it to Choice Specs, sorry for the short rate but I'm busy with work.

Omastar also recently moved up and is illegal in NU. Crustle is a good replacement as they for perform similar roles.

Crustle @ Red Card / Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Hi and Welcome to Smogon! This team looks pretty solid but sadly, with the recent tier shifts both Omastar and Spiritomb are no longer NU. However I can recommend some replacements for them within the NU tier.

As a replacement for Omastar, I would recommend Lead Crustle as it pretty much performs the same role as a Suicide Hazard Stacking Lead and it doesn't really have much of a drop off.

As a replacement for Spiritomb, I would also recommend a Rotom however I feel that Bulky Rotom is better as it can spinblock for your hazards as well as burn things, similar to what Tomb does. It also can provide nice momentum for your team with volt switch, which is helpful on offensive teams.

I do however, agree with Brawl's comment that you need a Revenge Killer. I'm going to recommend that you change your Dragalge to an All-Out Attacker Kangaskhan. Currently, Dragalge doesn't do much for your extremely offensive team except lose momentum. Kanga provides you with one of the most solid revenge killers in the tier and is a great fit on hyper offense teams as it can revenge set-up threats as well as give you the momentum back if you have fallen behind. Cool Team!

upload_2014-9-2_12-57-43.png

Crustle @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

upload_2014-9-2_12-59-34.png

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

upload_2014-9-2_13-2-24.png

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double Edge
- Earthquake

Thank you for the rate and suggestions :]

Yeah didn't notice I had put water gun accidentally... Already fixed.

Wasn't aware of the tier shifts :[ Didnt know what to put in last slot. That's why dragalge is there, it did lose momentum. I'll try the pokes you guys mentioned. Sure it will work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)