Groudon @ Choice Band
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
657 attack is no joke. Earthquake is a 2HKO on Kyogre, Hippowdon and Arceus while 1HKOes Forretress, Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram, Excadrill, Heatran, Darkrai and Mewtwo (on the switch). Dragon Claw dents Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Palkia and those who have a ground immunity. Stone Edge is just a filler, since Fire punch, Dragon claw and Eq give me the right coverage against most Pokémon in the metagame. Fire punch under sun dents Mamoswine, Ferrothorn and Excadrill if It's using the air balloon.

Kyurem-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Fusion Flare
Reshiram's Blue flare might be cool, but It's too "dependant" to the weather, so I choosed Kyurem White because it has high-offensive potential, along with the ability to outspeed most things in the metagame. Choice specs Draco Meteor is so strong that actually has a high chance to 1HKO Kyogre with no Special Defense investiment, while It's a 3HKO for Support Chansey. Ice beam lets me deal against Shaymin-S while Focus Blast takes down steel types who try to wall it. Fusion flare is just to abuse the sun further more, but there isn't much use for that actually. It's just a filler.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Recover
Its ability to revenge kill weakened mons with Extreme speed has no price. This is the standard Arceus set, I wanted it because its well balanced stats are a huge niche in the team. It's ability to tank a hit and either Swords dance/recover makes it a great bulky tank, plus it doesn't need to have the weather active to work at all, so even if I lose the weather war, I'm still able to strike back.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
Stop down dragons is really important in the uber metagame, and in the sun, nothing does it better than Heatran. Lava plume just burns Zekrom, Arceus and Rayquaza on the switch, leaving them useless for the rest of the match. Stealth Rock are there for an obvious reason while Roar takes away setuppers. Toxic is just to cripple walls, but there's better stuff for that.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Gyro Ball
I'l be honest: the only reason I wanted to use Forretress is because I can remove hazards and give a chance to enter to Kyurem-W, which is the only member who loses 25% of health when switched out if SR is on the field. Pain Split just reduces attackers' HP if they try to strike directly to Forretress. Spikes... Well, the more you deal, the better It'll be. Gyro ball is just a filler, there isn't much use of that outside of striking Kyurem-W/B, but you might never know.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Scald
- Recover
- Yawn
- Earthquake
While Quagsire's bulk is low for uber standards, It's a hilarious Kyogre counter. No matter what, Kyogre can't touch it effectively unless It's carrying HP grass. But what makes Quagsire better than Gastrodon in uber? Actually, Quagsire can put Kyogre/Pokémon switching in to sleep with yawn, something that Gastrodon can't really do. This set is just the default one, if the sleep clause is active, Scaldspam. If the foe has a steel type, Eq is the right choice, but It's mostly a filler. Recover just shrugs off all the damage.

Specs Kyogre is a massive issue issue for this team, as Quagsire is 2hko'ed by it after SR: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Quagsire: 195-230 (49.49 - 58.37%) -- 98.83% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock. If you really want to shut kyogre down, use Gastrodon as it takes on those Ice Beams better. Once Quagsire goes down you are done for sadly as Kyogre and its Swift Swimmer friends decimate this team. Gastrodon's ability to take on most swift swimmers (not Ludicolo) and some Palkia variants actually make it worth using here. Groudon should never be choiced since many common pokemon are immune to its only STAB move; use Earth Plate instead IMO. I would also make Kyurem-W scarfed as Darkrai and Mewtwo punish this team due to its lack of speed.

Anyway, I like the use of Heatran, which is a terrific and underrated pokemon! Other suggestions include Toxic on Forretress in conjunction with Pain Split and Shadow Claw over Earthquake or Recover (preferably the latter) on Arceus so that Giratina doesn't destroy you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)