[Pre-Bank] Aerodactyl the Ripper (1600+ on test)

I have a trend of making all my mega-based teams (blank) the (blank). This is definitely my favorite of the trio I made (Aggron the Stalwart, Aerodactyl the Ripper, Abomasnow the Mighty). It does some hard damage and I enjoy it. Let's get into it!

The Ripper (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head/Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
This thing is monstrous. Base 150 speed outspeeds even the fastest threats of OU. It gets great coverage with the elemental Fangs as well as the buff from Tough Claws. I've been very keen on the selection of Fire Fang or Ice Fang, and Ice Fang won out due to the ability to slice through Goodra, Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, as well as Grass threats like Venusaur and Breloom. The only issue with not having Fire Fang is that I can't crack Ferrothorn easily, but Delphox deals with it. It also checks Talonflame, which is a big plus.

Screw Rotom (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
This Excadrill works as anti-hazards for Delphox and Aerodactyl. It runs Hasty so it can outspeed everything possible. The great Attack stat can damage many threats. Aerial Ace seems like a bit of a weird choice, but I didn't want to run SD. It deals with Heracross and Breloom which have been pests during my playtime. It's a pretty generic set though. Air Balloon makes it so it can beat other Excadrills.

SkarmMan (Skarmory) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
Also, a generic Spiker with Skarmory with Custap. I've heard that Custap is isn't available in X&Y, but Showdown allows it, so...whatever. Replace it with Safety Goggles if it is impossible, just to block Spore from Smeargle leads. It has Roost so it can kill other possible leads head to head such as Ferrothorn. The rest of it is pretty meta, and the hazards work wonders.

Evil Cosmo (Gengar) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
This Gengar set works very well. It works as my Mega Kangaskhan counter and spinblocker. Hypnosis can knock out Mega Kangaskhan so it can't Sucker Punch as I whail on it with Sludge Bomb. Expert Belt is a bit iffy, but I use it for the extra damage against special walls like Sylveon. Substitute is great for setting up on predicted switches and asleep Pokemon,

Blair Witch (Delphox) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
This is one of my sweepers and it has quite good damage it can put out. My favorite is when the opponent sets up sun and Fire Blast shoots through everything. It can kill majority of the things in it's path, but it fizzles out rather quick. Timid lets it outspeed things you wouldn't expect it to outspeed. And that's why I love it so much.

Batman (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
Mienshao is my revenge killer, and it does a very good job. Regenerator allows it to recover so much damage it's not even funny. Rarely it can even sweep entire teams. It goes at blinding speeds scarfed. If I take out ghosts on the other side, HJK can take many KOs at a alarming rate.

So is it good or is it not? What is the verdict? Let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)