[Pre-Pokebank] Volt-turn team. Need help!

Hi guys, I'm fairly new at competitive pokemon battling and I haven't really played since ruby/sapphire, was testing this team out because volt turn seemed interesting to me but had a few problems. Was wondering if anyone could pitch in. All opinions are gratefully accepted! Even changes to EV, pokemon, etc.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

This is my physical sweeper, and kind of helps with normal walls like Blissey or Chansey. I still have problems with this one though, cause HJK and SE are a huge risk all the time. I don't know if there are any better alternatives or if I should just drop this one and find something without U-Turn that would be able to sweep better. I usually u-turn into her if there's anything weak to fighting that I can OHKO easily, but it doesn't usually happen until later in the match. Usually by then, Scizor and Rotom are either half HP or dead, but I find that the Regenerator ability is really useful when there are hazards that Scizor hasn't taken care of yet.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hex

Part of the Rotom-W, Scizor combo I've been hearing so much about. He does make a pretty bulky attacker and Hex has saved me many times because I usually have almost everyone statused with either WoW, Toxic, or TWave. Wondering if there needs to be any changes in EV spread or move set. Rotom basically comes in after a u-turn from Scizor after someone tries to counter it. It provides protection against dreaded fire damage from Charizard and the like. The only problem is that with Charizard Y, Rotom-W gets OHKO'd by Solar Beam in Drought and it happens in one turn. I just have to work on my prediction better, but I'd still like advice for this.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

My special attack sweeper and also the last trump card I'd want to play. I only take Gengar out when there's an Excadrill or dragon on the other side if I don't have my Togekiss anymore. I usually try not to mega evolve it until the end though. Gengar comes into play after Rotom-W, Scizor, and Mienshao have done their work, unless there's an easy kill in a fairy type with sludge bomb or an Aegislash or a dragon type I can OHKO with either Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball. I use Destiny Bond as a last stand because there are times where Mega Gengar will definitely die, and sometimes at that point I'd rather let it go and have them down one sweeper that could wipe my entire team.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost

My defogger and a potential stall with roost. Scizor packs a punch and goes hand in hand with Rotom-W. However I feel like everyone already knows this combination so I want to try new things if this is going to get countered easily. I usually bring Scizor in after Togekiss lead because Togekiss usually gets a TWave off on the usual smeargle leads before it gets spored. This way, when Scizor enters, all I have to do is defog and force them to switch out of their entry hazard pokemon so that I can start volt turning. If hazards are ever laid on the field again, I just volt switch or uturn back into Scizor so that I can continue.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic

My physical wall and also a toxic staller. He also hits pretty hard with EQ and Ice Fang, which is nice. I previously ran roost, earthquake, toxic, and u-turn on him but someone told me to go with this set instead. I still have mixed feelings. I have problems using Substitute sometimes but it can definitely come in handy. When going up against Mega Kangaskhan there are obviously problems, but there is nothing I can do about it besides try to keep stalling after throwing a toxic on it. Gliscor usually comes in if there's anything weak to ice or earthquake on the playing field, mainly Mega Gengar or Aegislash. Earthquake OHKO's pretty often but I don't really find many uses for the Ice Fang. The coverage is nice, but I'm not sure if I need it.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Spd / 80 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam

Paraflincher and usually my lead. I was wondering if I should lead with a taunter instead but if I get lucky, I can manage to sweep 2-3 pokemon with just paraflinch hax and let my other five pokemon take care of the rest. However as of late I've been having problems with this. I start with a T-Wave lead because of the speed my Togekiss has, and it will usually outspeed most entry hazard pokemon. Sometimes I'll get trapped into paralysis by an enemy magic coat from a Smeargle, but that doesn't happen as often. If Togekiss gets spored, I switch into Scizor to clean up the hazards on the floor. Togekiss can prevent pokemon from doing anything by simply paraflinching, and it's come in handy lots of times. However, I'm wondering if there are better leads and if Togekiss is just hype.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for reading this over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)