PreBank vcg style team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day everyone! This is my newest team it was a pretty fun team idea i started from the moveTopsy turvy, as well as liking contrary. This is a prebank team, for double battles. Its based off roles of vcg 2013

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Evs: Hp:252 - Def:126 - Spd:130
Nature: Careful
- Taunt
- Super Power
- Psyco Cut
- Topsy-Turvy
This guys role is pretty simple I use him to set up a easy sweep. With Noivern, Topsy-turvy is OP, I'll explain more on Noivern. He also has tuant as a control measure. But after he is done supporting i can start beefing him up through super power.

Noivern @ life orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Evs: Hp:4 - Spa:252 - Spe:252
Nature: Timid
- Draco Meteor.
- Boom Burst.
- Dragon Pulse.
- Air Slash.
This guy is great and an outstanding threat. He is majority of the time my lead. Teamed up with Malamar i can T1 draco meteor and obliterate a target, then get +2 spa by Topsy-turvy. From there its a powerhouse! The other lead with him is Exploud, dual boom bursts is devastating. The best part of this pokemon is unbuffed theres only a very few that can out speed him.

Exploud @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Evs: Hp 252 - Spa:252 - Spd:4
Nature: Modest
- Boom Voice
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Flame Thrower
To go off Noivern he is built to take a hit unlike the nuke bat dragon who gets focused down fast. I get a combo boom burst with him or even surf since noiverns unaffected by it.
With choice specs i get locked into boom burst but luckily its not only a big hitter but, having 2 pokemon who don't get hit is great!

Gengar
@ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Evs: Hp:4 - Spa:252 - Spe:252
Nature: Modest (Soon to be re-breeding for timid)
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Bolt
- Dazzling Gem
Gengar is great! That sums him up being ghost Noivern and Exploud can boom burst away! Gengar is my fairy killer for the most part... I hate fairies... Gengars pretty standard.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck
Ev:Hp:4 - Atk:252 - Spe:252
Nature: Naive
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Sucker Punch.
- X-Scissor
This guy is pretty standard, he is my psychical sweeper. He has his priority attack to knock out major threats like mega gardevoir, gengar and alakazams. With super luck I dont have to go mega form all the time unless its needed his crit rate with night slash and psycho cut are crazy high.

Charizard @ mega y
Ability: Solar power
Evs: Hp4 - Spa 252 - Spe252
Nature: Timid
- Air slash
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse
Ok, the odd ball of the group. As well as the newest member in my roster. Weather and steel bulky types where a pain to deal with and this is my answer to what my team was weak against. Since I have added him my went streak sky rocketed. With the ability to weather change on first turn, then nuking a threat down. I normally team him up with Noivern.

Double battles
Normal team fights start with Exploud and Noivern depending on what the enemy team is if there a setup team or against a team where Noivern isn't going to die in one turn If noivern goes down i switch into gengar who can remain unaffected while Exploud continues is Bursts. Ill use malamar to draco metoer for the instant +2 spa and then on second turn switch malamar out to hit the 140 aoe blaster! Other team starts ive used is charizard noivern to counter weather teams rain teams have been a joke since i added charizard. I tried this team in battle institute and scored a 5411 first run threw even though i had to fight every evil legendary they could throw at me... all 8.

Thank you for your time please let me know what you think of the team and if you can think of improvements.

Last edited:
Don't make VGC teams until the rules for VGC 2014 are announced. At this is a team designed to play in a metagame that doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)