1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pretty Standard SS D:

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Juanca529, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Juanca529

Juanca529

well i havent had any luck on making good teams that i could use since i suck at making them xD...so i decided to do a team and then post it on here to see if you guys could help me D:...so heres the team.
    [​IMG]
    Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    Well this is my classic SS summoner,i like using it with chople berry since it has helped me many times from reuniclus.alakazam.gengar and sometimes even from terrakion D: ....i find it pretty useful along with a adamant nature

since it 2KOs reuniclus which is pretty nice,and also superpower OHKOs terrakion.

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Rock Gem Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    Well i was bored of using the same scarf/choice terrakion and i used to use this terrakion set with leftovers,but i wanted to try out this one with rock gem to see how it works and its doing pretty good in my opinion,but i sometimes like the recovery from leftovers...but its worth it :<

[​IMG]

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 SAtk / 44 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    Well this is the standard nasty plot celebi set which aside from doing a nasty plot sweep (after elimitaing its threats) it can also contribute on doing alot of resistences to my team :Di run 44 evs just to outspeed all those pokes with 244 speed,and y not give it only one ev more?,since sometimes people use one extra ev to outspeed 244 pokes,and with 246 celebii i outspeed all of them :D

[​IMG]

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hydro Pump
    - Trick
    I used to run a scarfed magnezone but i noticed that scarfed landorus screws my whole team D: so i needed something that can take its main stab move which is EQ,and also rotom-w also has a team synergy and ands resistences to my team as well as doing work in rain teams along with celebi.and with the scarf it makes rotom the fastest thing i have on my team.

[​IMG]
    Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    well this is the dragon dance set that i found sick :D...but since i had never use salamence in my live i wanted to test it atleast one.and its doing great :D...it takes care from ferrothorn,skarmory,forretress and scizor which i dont bother too much about bullet punch since i prefer to run intimidate on salamence.it also takes care of the most anoying pokemon i had faced in my entire life.....JIRACHI D: ,so yeah it also adds some resistences to my team and brings perfect a pokemon with perfect coverege to my team :D

[​IMG]
    Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch
    So this is my rapid spinner along with being my def wall :D. It walls scizor provokes a switch so i can just go for voltswitch to scout what my oponent its gonna switch along with escaping from magnezone,i dont run toxic spikes since you sometimes just have the time to set up spikes and i really dont find toxic spikes too useful since i can get walled by landorus if i change gyro ball for toxic spikes and other dragons like dragonite,and gyro ball 2KOs scarfed landorus and 2KOs dragonite after a DD and stealth rocks damage,and many other fast threats i can hit with gyro ball.

So yeah this is my team i just made today and tell me guys wut i should fix D: ,and also rate it to see if its good or not. (Btw this is my first RMT so dont be too mean D:<)
  2. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Honestly, CB Terrakion looks like it could 6-0 you right off the bat if you don't play correctly. It OHKOes your entire team with Close Combat, X-Scissor, and Stone Edge, while you don't really have much that can OHKO back - the best things you could do are either Speed tie with your own Terrakion (50/50 right there), or set up on Close Combat or X-Scissor with Salamence. However, there are a lot of things that can take care of Salamence otherwise on a team, so it's not a guarantee. Even Rotom-W can't OHKO in the sand with Hydro Pump, while Close Combat will always OHKO. To fix this, you should try a Choice Scarf Terrakion over your current variant. While yes, it can OHKO Gliscor, you already have a wonderful counter to it in Rotom-W, so there's no point in going overboard. Choice Scarf Terrakion also checks Volcarona with Stone Edge if you lose Tyranitar, as well as other major components of a Sun team as well, like Venusaur and Ninetales, with Earthquake.

I'm also really, really thinking you should be putting Choice Band Scizor over Forretress. Forretress is kinda awkward on this team and doesn't really flow in my opinion, since Rapid Spin isn't necessary considering you only have one member weak to Stealth Rock. Choice Band Scizor gives you a wonderful secondary check for both Dragon-types and Terrakion, should you come up against another Choice Scarf Variant. Sun teams also have a hard time with Scizor, so if you can get it in on something like Venusaur, you can take it out provided you have Stealth Rock up. You also get that sick VoltTurn combo going, which puts a lot of offensive pressure against stall teams. Hope this rate helped, and GL!

Sets (open)

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Justified | Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Close Combat / X-Scissor / Stone Edge / Earthquake

[​IMG]
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician | Adamant
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Bullet Punch / U-Turn / Superpower / Pursuit

EDIT: Keep it scarf for now, if you think there's a better set you could be running, by all means use it!
  3. Juanca529

Juanca529

*takes glasses off* Mother Of God...never thought of that D: ....thanks man i really apreciate that you helped me with my team :D.....just for that imma name my first child NatGeo :D...jk but yeah i really apreaciate your help :D...btw what do i do with rotom-w?..make it standard or what?..or keep it scarf or make it specs?
  4. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Love me some Sub-SD Terrakion :)

Cool team man, Nasty Plot Celebi does a pretty great job at eliminating Sub-SD Terrakion's counters, namely Slowbro, Gliscor and the like.

First off I recommend replacing Salamence's Life Orb with a Lum Berry. This helps immensely with Salamence's job of sweeping. Lum Berry cures Outrage's confusion, allowing Salamence to continue reeking havoc. It also prevents the enemy from Statusing Salamence as it DDs. Life Orb can be run, though I would recommend Dragon Claw over Outrage if it were the case. Outrage/Lum Berry is preferred though, due to no recoil.

I would like to second Natgeo's suggestion of Scizor over Forretress. Scizor provides the same resistances while not being complete set up bait ;) Scizor is as good a check to Terrakion as they come, revenging with Bullet Punch. Scizor's priority is very welcome on this team as rampant set-up 'mons could prove to be trouble. Though, on the set I recommend Quick Attack over Pursuit. Tyranitar's pursuit should be more than enough for your team, and Quick Attack can help against Quiver Dance Volcarona.

I really enjoy this team, the only other threat I see is Choice Specs Tornadus. Tyranitar is the only one who can take Hurricanes and Tornadus is well aware of that, using U-Turn, Focus Blast, or Hammer Arm to dispatch. Theres not really much you can do about it, changing to cope with it opens up more holes. Just be aware of it and use Rotom-W or Scizor to revenge.

Good Luck!
  5. Juanca529

Juanca529

6. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

:]

Hey juanca Doom here. I think you should go with CB scizor and CS terrakion like people above have said. But when it comes to rotom-w I'd recommend probably the bulky attacker set, considering 3 choice users isn't always the best idea. Now for that Rotom set i'd recommend Rotom-W @ leftovers/chesto berry EVs: 112hp 252sp.atk 144 speed Nature: Modest with Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, HP Grass/Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split/Rest. This set is pretty good considering 2 of your pokes have a fire move and 3 others have a fighting move so u shouldn't have any trouble with steel types, no need for HP Fire. HP ice is generally more for scarf rotoms bcoz pokes like Dragonite / Salamence after one dd will kill u. And Hydro Pump ohkoes pokes like gliscor and landorus anyway. So generally hp grass is gr8 for Fidel Gastro, GlennQuagsire etc. :] Where as Willo is good for crippling physical attackers. The choice between rest and pain split is a matter of preference. Pain split not only does dmg u also get health back and you can use this till you run out of pp and you get lefties recovery. Where as ChestoResto is more of a one use only full recovery + gets rid of status ailments. IK I elaborated on mostly obvious things but whatevs :]
  7. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

Hey,

Nice team. I do see some threats, so I'll point them out to you to help improve the team.

Threats: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Scarf Landbro can be a problem, especially if Forretress and Rotom-W both go down. It can spam U-Turn to destroy Celebi, or force out the latter, giving your opponent the offensive pressure. It can wreck both Terrakion and Tyranitar as well, with an Earthquake that actually gets boosted since you summoned the Sand. It also outspeeds Salamence and revenge-kills it with Stone Edge, a move that will also be boosted by Sand Force. Seeing that this is a Sand team, Hippowdon > Tyranitar is a change I'd recommend. T-tar doesn't have very good synergy with the other team members, and increases your team's weakness to Ground and Rock type moves. Choice Band Scizor also poses a great threat to the team as of right now, as its Bullet Punch lets it beat Terrakion and Tyranitar. Bar Forretress, nothing will want to switch into either a Bullet Punch or a STAB U-Turn. The infamous Volt-Turn strategy itself also hurts your team, as Rotom-W can also use Volt Switch all day, and send in Scizor, then U-Turn out again. I also agree with Natgeo concerning CB Terrakion. Its STAB Stone Edges and Close Combats are a huge menace to your team. Adding Hippowdon would help you counter Terrakion, Landorus and Scizor with more ease. Onto Hippowdon's set.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Slack Off
    ~ Roar / Toxic

Alright. Hippowdon gives you more insurance against physical sweepers, as its very decent 108 HP and 118 Def stats let it take hits on the physical side all day. Its access to Slack Off is also extremely helpful, as it lets it recover 50% of HP just like that. Stealth Rock is the mandatory hazard, as it lets you muscle through Dragonite and Volcarona, two huge threats, with more ease. Earthquake is the main STAB option, and it lets you hit with some decent damage. The last slot's move is up to you. Roar lets you phaze away random sweepers, whilst Toxic lets you stall in conjuction of Slack Off.

I'm also seconding NatGeo's recommendation of Scizor > Forretress. The physical wall is already insured by me previous recommendation of Hippowdon. Scizor provides the priority your team was lacking, and it does pretty well in Sand, covering many threats like CB Terrakion. It also lets you pull off the VoltTurn combo in Sand, which is pretty cool.

Well, I hope I helped. Good luck, man! Also, have a nice day.

~ Expert Physics
  8. Harsha

Harsha PKMN Master
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RMT Co-Leader

Howdy,

From the looks of it, Infernape OHKOes every single member on your team. I'm completely serious. As some have suggested, I think using a Hippowdon > Tyranitar may benefit you. Now, your team is really weak to the omnipresent VoltTurn strategy that has taken over the metagame; that's not good. A change to fix this would be a simple Latias instead of Salamence. Not only does Latias beat Infernape handily, but it can also take down Scizor, and takes a pittance from Rotom-W. Contrary to what some people are saying, I think another Pokemon could help you out over Forretress; try out a Tentacruel. With Toxic Spikes, it allows Latias to beat even Blissey and Chansey, and it also provides Rapid Spin support, as well as an additional Ice resist. It also provides an extra defensive buffer against rain teams. This can be really important as the match goes on, so I think it would be worthwhile. As for the minor changes, I would go with 100 Speed EVs on Celebi because it allows you to outspeed standard Dragon Dance Dragonite.

sets (open)
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
    Impish Nature | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Slack Off | Roar

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
    Timid Nature | 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Dragon Pulse | Calm Mind | Hidden Power Fire | Recover

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge | Rain Dish
    Bold Nature | 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Surf | Toxic Spikes | Ice Beam | Rapid Spin

Cool team, and good luck!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)