Pretty.

dude with that meta you'll have alot less gengar troubles than usual

so use earth power on gross.

dude with that meta you'll have alot less gengar troubles than usual

so use earth power on gross.
Seeing as it's his only reliable switch-in on a Specsmence Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse is pretty important so that you can actually hit it when you get in.

For the most part, the team otherwise looks relatively solid. No noticeable weaknesses. Lack of speed could be an issue though I guess; particularly when taking on the likes of Yache Garchomp. Chomp does upwards of 80% to both Hariyama and Vaporeon, and it OHKO's everything else on your team after a Swords Dance, so unless you can keep both of them on 100% or very close to for the entire game you could have issues.

Personally, I would Scarf Heatran, and make Hariyama your ReSTalker. Not only would that give you a nice revenge killer, which would make Garchomp much, much easier to take on, but it could lay Stealth Rock for you, which would really, really help Heracross sweep. It also makes Hariyama much easier to keep nearer 100%, so it can at least break Garchomp's Yache Berry to let Heatran or Vaporeon finish it off.

Why not give your Gross something like Thunderpunch? It's great for hurting Aerodactyl and Gyara, two of the most common leads and denting Bronzong a bit. Together with Pursuit, this will help get rid off the very common suicide leads lately.

Hmm. I'm not liking how your team's forms of special attacking are only Vaporeon and that rest-talk heatran. You can make it work sometimes, but the latter will be heavy weight in my opinion and doesn't really fit as a status absorber.
Also on a seperate note, I understand why you have that speed on that Metagross but a Metagross with Bullet Punch and Pursuit seriously needs more bulk. I'd run this 176 Hp / 252 Atk / 80 Def but that's my humbe opinion.
Azelf beats half of your team and Electivire takes the other half so be extra on guard when these two show up.
One more thing, don't pump up Heracross to kill Gliscor. It does things better than that lol. If Stone Edge misses you are left in a bad situation though.

Why not give your Gross something like Thunderpunch? It's great for hurting Aerodactyl and Gyara, two of the most common leads and denting Bronzong a bit. Together with Pursuit, this will help get rid off the very common suicide leads lately.
Aerodactyl can't touch his Metagross anyway, and Gyara is taken care of better. Explosion is needed to kill moar things.

Actually, Azelf hits pretty much everyone on your team for a super effective hit, and your only counter is Heatran. After a Nasty Plot, LO Azelf ( The Standard NP Azelf w/o explosion) hits Hariyama and Heracross with a Psychic, Metagross with Flamethrower (Bullet punch won't OHKO with your current EV set unless Azelf has taken some hefty damage), and Vaporeon is a 2HKO with Grass Knot. Salamence might be OHKOed by Psychic after a NP, and will definetly be OHKOed if Stealth Rock is up. So your only counter are Heatran and sometimes Vaporeon. My point is, Azelf can deal some BIG DAMAGE. To fix this, I reccomend a SD Weavile with Focus Sash (Look on Smogons Strategy Dex), and then you will have 2 true blue counters to azelf, not to mention a threatening SDer. I reccomend him over Heracross, as Heracross is way too slow to be any kind of a sweeper IMO.

Also, why do you have Leftovers on your ENTIRE TEAM?! Especially on your LATE GAME SWEEPER! His job is to rap it all up, not heal himself.

Everyone else SEEMS okay, although Im not sure I am liking lefties on Gross, try a Life Orb.

Also, You might want to consider Machamp (Standard first option, look up on Smogons Strategy Dex) over Hariyama. I feel he does the job better, with confusion over paralysis.

Other wise it looks solid, although you really need a good special sweeper, I suggest the standard NP Azelf found on Smogons Strategy Dex over Heatran ( You lose the great synergy between vappy and Heatran though)

If Heracross is your last to fight, what about Flame Orb? Get Guts going earlier on, and use Facade?
Vicious- if Aerodactyl has Earthquake, Metagross better get out.

I think scarf metagross would benefit you more than you're current set, as you're team is generally slow, also you might want to look into a dragonite over a salamence as it looks more like you're trying to switch into more special threats with it, and dragonite albeit having lower speed has way higher special defense and can learn waterfall/thunderpunch which are probably getter choices than earthquake, Lastly changing that heracross to a burn orb heracross seems dandy as you have that immediate power and you can switch moves.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to inform you that some of your descriptions are poorly illustrated. For one, Metagross' description is short and helpless. You simply said you liked Metagross and that you prefered a bulkier spread. Well... so what? We would like to read your strategy behind it, why you in particular use it, and what the movesets and EVs have to offer. Issues that weren't brought up, yet should be.

Please improve his individual description. Oh, and while you're at it, please could you take some time looking in to your other comments for your Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)