Gen 6 Primal Kyogre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could not lead with Kyorge so you can speed creep stuff. They'll probably have a Lati anyway so you're going to be forced out regardless.
Lati's are threatening and can easily 2hko. Maybe run a variation of the previously mentioned avalanche set (possibly max hp, spdef) which kills 87.5% of the time.

0 Atk Primal Kyogre Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 294-348 (98.3 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

While suffering 50-60% from Draco meteor.

I'm not saying that this is the best set out there but it could serve a niche role on a team that's win conditions rely on a knocked out PDon. (Palkia and zekrom come to mind).

Last edited:
Sorry to revive such a dead thread but I noticed something. I see a lot of talk on what checks Primal Kyogre so I'm wondering...What does Primal Kyogre himself check/counter?

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Depending on the spread it's running, it can check Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga, Xerneas, Kyurem-White, Reshiram, every weather setter but PDon, the list goes on... It kinda sorta psuedo-checks Rayquaza so long as no SD and 248 HP/252 Def. In the future though, instead of necro'ing a long dead thread, a question like this is better suited for the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread ;]

Sad to see the original King of Ubers getting sidelined nowadays.

I personally feel that majority of teams are really weak to POgre with Lati + PDon being their only checks (sometimes only PDon for offensive teams). A well played Kyogre can easily wear down PDon, and Lati@s can be taken out by good team support (pursuit trapping etc), which allows it to get a kill every time it switches in afterwards. The defensive set is also quite hard to take down and is a pain in the ass for stall teams.

I think this mon is quite underappreciated, so it would be great if anyone could share some cool sets/teams using this beast.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: rofl
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: specially defnsive
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Scald

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Refresh
- Return

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: nuh-uh
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: ur not getting my sets
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Grass Knot

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: not gonna spoil my set :x
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

I brought this team I believe week 4 of UPL? Something like that. Anyway, it wasn't originally intended to play out like it, but it plays on an old staple core of XY - Dialga, Kyogre and Arceus-Grass, which is rather self explanatory. The team was initially created with Calm Mind Kyogre, but as it progressed, I was too weak to Darkrai and Yveltal not to use a SpD set. Aegislash and Salamence-Mega are no brainers as partners, each helping with Kyogre's foremost checks in this meta. Dialga was chosen over PDon so that I could have a better Mence check, and because I'm paranoid someday someone will sweep me with a Palkia. Arceus-Grass happened to fit nicely, as I was in need of another PDon check, and it also helps with the POgre weakness. Last mon Xerneas - helps pressure PDon that much more, and is of course one of the best win conditions in oras ubers - tbh i don't remember my original logic for putting it on, probably to help with Yveltal or smth, but hey, it's a good fit.

it's definitely not the best team, and like i mentioned, i built it an extremely long time ago and it has some very exploitable weaknesses in the form of Kyogre-Primal, PDon with a fire move, well played stall, the list goes on, but it does really showcase kyogre. even the defensive set hits like a mack truck when given the opportunity.

Sad to see the original King of Ubers getting sidelined nowadays.

I personally feel that majority of teams are really weak to POgre with Lati + PDon being their only checks (sometimes only PDon for offensive teams). A well played Kyogre can easily wear down PDon, and Lati@s can be taken out by good team support (pursuit trapping etc), which allows it to get a kill every time it switches in afterwards. The defensive set is also quite hard to take down and is a pain in the ass for stall teams.

I think this mon is quite underappreciated, so it would be great if anyone could share some cool sets/teams using this beast.
Yeah I hate how underrated Primal Kyogre is now and days but at the same time most teams aren't prepared for him so if Groudon goes down then the opposing team is in big trouble. Bonus points if Kyogre is the one to kill Groudon itself.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Individual mons threads have long since been dead. Feel free to continue Primal Kyogre discussion in the general metagame discussion thread or, if you have a question such as cornmaster's, in SQSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)