Pringles- the all-purpose generally awesome OU team- RMT

Welcome to my first dedicated RMT!

All right, so this is the second time I've attempted an RMT- first one, I screwed up the formatting/didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Not this time. Yes, rising from the ashes of obscure noobdom, I return to you with the very first OU team I've ever made. I present to you... Pringles- a team.

Pringles at a glance

oooooooh. aaaaaaah.

Pringles In-Depth

So the basic idea of this team is to be a relatively bulky, all-around OU team. The team doesn't have a specific goal as much as it aims to have the proper tool to deal with any situation thrown at me. With this concept in mind, I chose Ferrothorn as my lead- his bulk, typing, and access to Spikes, as well as decent offense made him a great choice for the beginnings of a great (or competent at the very least) all-purpose team.

-damn I'm ugly
Your GF (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Yes, it's a lame name. I like it anyway, don't judge me. Anyway, I'm running the cookie-cutter version of the standard Ferrothorn from the Smogdex. It's got Spikes and Stealth Rock for your every day entry hazard harassment, and Gyro Ball and Power Whip, Gyro Ball for those pesky Alakazams (1HKO, most of the time), and other things that try to make Ferrothorn's life difficult, and power whip for a STAB move that puts a dent in various Pokemon that would otherwise cripple Ferrothorn, notably Jellicent and Keldeo. I hate the accuracy for this move, but sadly, there's not much else that fills the role that Power Whip does.

So, I had Ferrothorn. Now, I needed something that could cover his butt and counter any of the issues he faced- obviously, Jellicent immediately came to mind.

Chips (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Chips functions as a key check to most of my team's weakness, specifically fighting types (duh). His primary role is a pivot; he can switch in to a wide variety of Pokemon, and either damage them or cripple them; he can also toxic stall most of the things which Blissey cannot. He is also my Keldeo slayer, and can also ruin Terrakion's day with the right prediction. He doubles as my team's mascot. Just look at that adorable little crown on his head.

Anyway, I had my lead, and my mustachioed jellyfish. Now I needed some sleep sweepers.

-Imma smak u up m8
Pretty Lights (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
Conkeldurr is such a beast. His typing, ability, stats... perfection. I picked him because of his typing coverage- he smashes through enemy Ferrothorns, Blisseys, and can 1HKO Gengar if he survives the hit from the ghost. He also revenge kills things that the other sweepers can't quite finish off, and also deals with Heatran very well. I'm running a Bulk Up set here in the tradition of a bias towards bulk. Conk's goal in life is to sweep. He achieves this purpose by having a coveted sweeper slot on Pringles.

pretend this is the Therian Forme
use your imagination

Leonard (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I chose Thundurus T because I needed a special attacker who 1. had good synergy with the rest of Pringles, and 2. could hit hard, fast, and deal with rain. Originally, I had Latios in this slot, but after having nothing to deal with Choice Specs Politoed efficiently or really anything in the rain, I ditched Latios in favor of Thundurus. He runs the typical Choice Scarf set, with Thunder for 1HKOing Politoed/other water types in the rain with 100% accuracy.

Walter (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Mamoswine. Mamoswine is my dragon slayer. It can revenge kill, sweep, do your homework, walk your dog, whatever. Its ability to switch into fire types makes it an excellent counter to both Ninetales and Heatran, and 1HKOs pretty much any dragon in the OU metagame with ice shard. I run Adamant nature because dat. Attack.

Bertha (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Blissey = healing. Everyone knows this, and I don't think I have to say it, but there you go. I use Blissey to counter those huge special attackers, and to revive things like Ferrothorn, so that it can come back and re-apply entry hazards, soak up physical hits, and get the last 12% of the opponent's Conkeldurr off. That being said, she's probably the least valuable pokemon on my team, and I'm considering removing her, though I would like to hear other people's opinions on this for sure.

So yeah, my team!

Problems I've found
1. Entry hazards. I have no rapid spinner; I pretty much don't room for one on my team. Because of this, I have often had problems with Forretress setting up tons of Stealth Rock/Spikes while having it spin all of mine away.

2. Sun teams in general. I can't really figure out why I can't deal with Sun. This is the main thing I hope you guys will be able to help me with- suggestions very much appreciated.
3. Scizor. I'm able to work around him relatively well, but have no direct counters. Help.
(sorry about the formatting here; it's buggy for some reason)

Conclusion

You can probably figure out from this RMT that I'm still pretty new to this. Sorry about the weird formatting, as well.That being said, I hope this is written well, and that you enjoyed reading it/will enjoy ripping my team to pieces! :)

-Evir

Last edited:
Hi, first of, thanks for making this post enjoyable to read with some jokes :)
This team has pretty good synergy but i can see the sun problem, mainly because sun sweepers usually got grass moves aswell so jellicent isnt a full counter here.

I was thinking, as a somewhat counter, add latias over blissey. Latias actually learns wish aswell if i'm not mistaken so you'd still have some healing for the whole team. Also latias resists both fire and grass so it would pretty much be able to stop a sun sweeper and punish with a draco meteor.

I dont have a recomended set because wish latias isnt used much but in my eyes its what the team needs, but something like wish, draco meteor, HP fire, psychic/surf should work.

Evir,my man!

This is a very solid team you got here,but I have a few suggestions

1)I recommend you use Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash on Mamoswine since Icicle Spear can hit through Multiscale Dragonite and Substitute users such as Gliscor and I would suggest you make Mamoswine a Jolly Nature so Mamoswine could get the jump on uninvested Gliscor,Jirachi,Special Defesive Celebi,etc

2)I would suggest you keep Blissey but I suggest you change it's set to a cleric set.I'll give the set below.

Those are my suggestions,hope I helped :D

Blissey set ;)

Bertha (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
-Aromatherapy
-Thunder Wave
-Wish
-Seismic Toss

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A quick and easy fix for your team that gets rid of the Scizor and Sun team issue a little bit is simply adding Heatran over Blissey. Air Balloon Heatran in particular works great against Sun teams, and provides you an additional temporary ground immunity which is always nice to have on a team. Heatran/Jellicent/Ferrothorn is one of my most favorite cores to use in balanced teams simply because of how well they compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses. Ferrothorn gets the entry hazards up, while Jellicent spin blocks it. Ferrothorn and Jellicent cover Heatran's water issues, and so forth.

As much as I dislike Donphan, perhaps running it over Mamoswine wouldn't be a bad idea. You still get priority in the form of Ice Shard, so you have the ability to mess with certain Dragons such as Dragonite and Garchomp in various situations. It gives you Rapid Spin, since a lot of your team is set up fodder to things like Forretress and Ferrothorn. Sturdy provides you a solid check to things late game that may attempt to plow through your team if certain Pokemon are fainted -- things such as Keldeo with the absence of Jellicent, or SD Lucario with the absence of Conkeldurr. Lastly, it gives you the ability to run Stealth Rock to free up a slot on Ferrothorn, giving you the opportunity to run Leech Seed + Protect over Power Whip and Stealth Rock. With the loss in Wishpassing from Blissey, giving Ferrothorn Leech Seed is very beneficial as it gives Ferrothorn something to fall back on while taking repeated switches. It's also great in whittling down your opponent's health, something that Heatran absolutely loves when attempting to sweep.

Nitpicks: Run more speed on that Jellicent + Taunt over Shadow Ball, so things like Politoed can't Toxic you, and things like Skarmory can't set up Spikes in your face. 96 EVs allows you to hit 180 Speed, which is enough to outrun these threats. It also helps versus Ferrothorn, as Leech Seed + Spikes is extremely annoying; even if you have Donphan on your team, you don't want to rely solely on Rapid Spin to avoid entry hazards. Lastly, for any special attacker, run 0 atk ivs to minimize confusion and foul play damage.

Donphan@Leftovers
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 4 atk
earthquake/ice shard/rapid spin/stealth rock

Heatran@Air Balloon
Timid 252 spe/252 satk/ 4 hp
fire blast/earth power/hp ice/toxic

Jellicent: Taunt->Shadow Ball, 96 Speed EVs (take some from defense)
Ferrothorn: Leech Seed + Protect > Power Whip + Stealth Rock

gl with the team, hope I helped

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Evir, pretty nice team you have here, like you mentioned there are some flaws though so hopefully I can help you out.

First of all, you are correct about your weakness to Sun Teams and Plus' above suggestion of Heatran should definitely help alleviate those problems, plus it makes a fantastic defensive trio and can outspeed any Scizor (besides Scarf) and KO so I would definitely second that recommendation.

The next major problem is Scizor, for a couple of reasons. First, the Acrozor set can rip apart this team pretty easily, with Thundurus-T being the only safe switch in to it. Also, you lack a rapid spinner and the constant switching that CB Scizor and VoltTurn in general forces will eventually wear your team down. To help alleviate the weakness to both Scizors a bit I would recommend changing Jellicent's EV's to the ones that Plus suggested and I would also recommend switching Toxic to Will-o-Wisp. Next, I really think you could use a Rapin Spinner and Life Orb Analytic Starmie over Thundurus-T seems like a good fit since you keep a very fast and powerful special attacker while being able to Spin at the same time.

Lastly, I find that Bulk Up Conkeldurr is pretty underwhelming as a setup sweeper in the current Metagame. I think Double Dance Landorus-T would be a great fit in its place seeing as it can rip apart a great number of teams once it gets its boosts and many of its checks (Skarmory, Latias, Bronzong, Defensive Lando-T) are taken care of pretty easily by LO Analytic Starmie and Mamoswine. It also performs well against sun teams if it can get a Rock Polish up, outspeeding and KO'ing Venusaur without a problem.
Here is the set:
Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
48 HP/ 252 Atk/ 208 Spe
Rock Polish
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Hopefully my suggestions helped! Let me know how it works and good luck with the team!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm on mobile, so I'll update the RMT with the changes I've made tomorrow. One thing I will say is that I have dropped Blissey in favor of Heatran, and it's been doing great. I have also tried switching Mamoswine with Donphan, but I have to say that Donphan is... Mediocre- it just can't hit as hard, I have a hard time getting it into play, and it almost never has an opportunity to set up Stealth Rock. I have yet to implement any of MCBarrett's suggestions, but it looks like I'm leaning towards nerfing Thundy and going with Starmie here.

Edit: I will try my best to update the RMT itself with changes I've made by around 7:00 pm EST (eastern US).
Edit 2: I think instead of updating it now, I'll test it before I post it here

Last edited:
Actually, Jellicent gets Magic Coat, so you dont have to run any speed. Magic Coat bounces back hazards and status, so i generally prefer Magic Coat over Taunt simply because I can then run more bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)