Priorities (peak #2!)

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 9.44.45 AM.png
This is my first RMT so bear with me if there are some structural errors!

This team has given me huge success ever since I made it at the beginning of the summer. I promised myself that If I ever broke the top ten on the ladder I would post it as an RMT. Finally this morning I peaked at #4 Under the name Omnimon! So without further ado Priorities.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt (Justified)
Timid: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Def/ 252 Spe
-Hp bug
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Icy Wind
When I first made this team, the expert belt set was last on the suggested smogon sets and people never accounted for a non scarfed Keldeo. Those were the days! Keldeo's first job is to catch the opponent of guard. If I see that my opponents team is Keldeo weak I lead with it and get as much damage on the opposing team as possible before i'm forced to switch. Keldeo's second job is to kill physically bulky pokemon like Skarmory and Landorus-t that give my team a whole bunch of trouble. Hp bug is to hit Celebi and attempt the OHKO. Icy Wind is for dragon and Latias who would otherwise come in tank a hit out speed and kill Keldeo. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are my main stabs.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb (Thick Fat)
Adamant: 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def/ 252 Spe
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Super Power
-Ice Shard
Priority user number one! Mamo is one of my favorite pokeomon right now. It's first job is to check dragon type attempting to sweep. He also serves as my wall breaker. Most pokemon have trouble switching into an earthquake and those that resist or are immune to it are hit my icicle crash. I picked adamant over jolly because I don't really care about being out sped and the power adamant grants is to much to resist. Skarmory is three hit KO'd after stealth rocks with icicle crash if it flinches which happens more often then expected.

Scizor @ Choice Band (Technician)
Adamant: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Sp.Def
-Bullet Punch
-Super Power
-U-turn
-Pursuit
Scizor is my scout. His jobs are to get his team members into play without getting damaged through u-turn, trap and kill dark weak pokemon, and to spam bullet punch whenever necessary. He is the glue of my team but also the punching bag!

Dragonite @ Lum Berry (Multiscale)
Adamant: 4HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
Dragonite is the endgame sweeper of the team. His job is to set up and destroy what is left of an opponents team. I gave him earthquake instead of fire punch because I was constantly getting walled by steel type under rain and heatran. Extreme Speed is the third priority on my team and kills weakened faster scarfed threats and outrage is for the stab.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash (Rough Skin)
Naive: 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
-Fireblast
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage
Garchomp is my designated lead. I lead with him when I don't know what my opponent is going to lead with. His first job is to set up stealth rock and kill those who attempt to wall him or spin away rocks. Fire blast is for Skarmory, Foretress, and Ferrothorn not under rain. Earthquake and Outrage are the usual stabs. When I dont lead with Garchomp he serves as an emergency focus sash killer. As long as Hazards Are spun of he is pretty much guaranteed a kill.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge (Rain Dish)
Bold: 252 HP/ 240 Def/ 12 Spe
-Scald
-Protect
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin

Tentacruel's first job is to spin off all hazards which it excels at greatly. He is also my keldeo and all around rain counter. He is a synergy partner with garchomp when he leads taking shrugging of ice moves. Protect and toxic are for stalling out bulky waters who would otherwise wall this set. Scald is for the annoying but convenient 30% burn.

So there it is! Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for reading and hopefully my grammar wasn't to crappy!

Attachments

Last edited:
You could use SR somewhere on your mamoswine set, maybe over superpower as it helps with priority killing, and breaks opposing dragonites multi scale. This could also give room for garchomp to utalise its attacking power greater, maybe with SD or a coverage move.
I also thing the speed is wasted, maybe max HP over speed to take hits better, and with priority you dont need speed. This will also mean you take Gyro Balls better from opposing leads.

I can understand if you dont want to change anything, just my opinion :D

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, I'm here to rate your team. I'm not sure why this only got one rate, and it seems like a really cool team. Anyway, here's my rate.

So it's generally a very offensive team utilizing high powered priority attacks (go figure) and powerful set up sweepers. But the first thing that sticks out for me is Tentacruel. I'm guessing once you switch this Pokemon in, you lose a ton of momentum, as your opponent isn't pressured to switch into it. I know it's very useful in keeping hazards off of the field, and helps you check rains teams nicely, but I think I have a much better suggestion. Replace Tentacruel with LO Starmie. LO Starmie suits your team much better, as it really pressures your opponent to switch in, while still keeping hazards off of the field nicely. Tentacruel really isn't that great of a Rapid Spinner outside of rain teams, so Starmie imo is a much better option. Here's the set.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

So Starmie is by far the best offensive Rapid Spinner in OU, and suits your team really nicely. What's great about Starmie is that it can 2HKO every spin blocker in OU, allowing you to keep SR off of the field with correct prediction. Hydro Pump is Starmie's main form of STAB and hit's neutral threats for great damage with it's solid base power. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam provide the infamous "BoltBeam" combo, providing you with excellent coverage, as only Mamoswine and Magnezone resist the combo, both of which are smashed by Hydro Pump. Finally Rapid Spin supports the team in keeping SR and other entry hazards off of the field. EVs are used to max Starmie's Speed and SpAtk, allowing you to revenge kill threats like Keldeo, Latios, and Tornadus.

Now that we have that cleared up, I think it's time I suggest a few move changes. The synergy overall is really great, but I think your move slots could be used to greater effect. I suggest you replace Super Power on Mamoswine for Stealth Rock, and replace your current Garchomp set with SD + 3 attacks. So Mamoswine really doesn't need to coverage provided by Super Power, as it's only really hitting Rotom-W and Air Balloon Heatran, and freeing up the move slot on Garchomp allows you to use a completely different set. I'm suggesting you run the Sub 3 attacks set, as it wall breaks nicely for your other sweepers (Dragonite, and possibly Scizor late game).

Finally, I suggest you change 1 more thing. I know it sounds like I'm trying to change a lot of stuff, but I'm really only suggesting move slot changes, as I believe you'd benefit highly with the new changes, so please bare with me. I think you really need a revenge killer, as generally these teams are really weak to set up sweepers that the team can't beat with it's priority attacks alone, mainly Volcarona. I don't think Keldeo's Expert Belt is nearly as effective as it once was, and I generally think you're much better going off with Choice Scarf Keldeo, but that's just my preference.

Anyway, I hope you like my suggestions, and good luck on your team!

Thanks for the rates! ShootinStarmie I like the Starmie idea a lot and i'm pretty sure i'm going to us it. Qith mamo if I give stealth rock should I switch the item as well? And for garchomp which do you think would be better? sub 3 attack or sd 3 attack? I'm not sure about keldeo though I may keep it expert belt until i'm used to the other changes then try it out as a scarfer.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I'd make Dragonite CB and Scizor SD, since CB Dnite doesn't mind SR and can break sun teams easier, and SD Scizor lures and kills Jellicents / Amos / Hippos, something this team wouldn't mind eliminating for Keldeo. Sash Chomp doesn't really need Focus Sash: Rocky Helmet or Lum Berry are better alternatives. Emphasis on Lum's ability to reliably set up on things like Jellicent and check Breloom. I'd replace Tentacruel with LO Latias since you don't need the spinning support with CB Dragonite and Latias is a great staple: patches up Keldeo and Sun.

On Keldeo, I would drop HP Bug since Scizor (either CB or my SD set) reliably defeats it every time. Instead, try HP Ghost! I'd use Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash if only for Sash / Substitute users. Mamoswine without Jolly is a sin also since the speed tier is really important and just about everything outspeeds 259.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)