Priority Cup [Heracronite and Flinch Items banned!]

But it's not true to the game, and is slightly changing the ingame mechanics, apart from the priority. imo suspect testing skill link once this is actually coded would be the way to go

Well, if you remove Skill Link/Multi-hit moves, the gimmick of the metagame vanishes, the only real difference is that moves like Fell Stinger and Acid Spray will actually be used.

I feel like this metagame doesn't change too much for many Pokémon, which is why multi-hit moves will be important for the development of the meta.

On another note, +2 Aqua Jet Azumarill basically removes the chances of revenge sweeping after Azu gets Belly Drum.

It's not +2. Priority goes up from 0 only.

Personally I'd rather see the crazy priority multi-hit moves. This meta isn't that interesting on the strength of other 40B BP moves gaining priority.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Ridiculous. For a demonstration of its power, it OHKOs the Base 100 legends at +2 with a priority attack.

+2 252+ Atk Mega Garchomp Dual Chop (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 354-416 (87.6 - 102.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

strong. fast. powerful.

IMO keep the multihit moves, it's the main thing that makes this meta interesting, just ban the pokemon that are broken because of it, namely mega heracross and possibly cloyster. (stupid kings rock...) Others aren't broken with it because they arent consistent without skill link or technician, the only other good ones I can think of being cincino and breloom, who are quite frankly pretty easy to wall.

Beyond multi-hit moves, here are some others of interest -

Fell Stinger - ultimate revenge killing move, with priority and a built-in SD on KO to sweep with afterwards (really, this is what Fell Stinger should have been in the first place)
Mega Drain - the strongest priority drain (don't bother with Absorb or Leech Life), can allow you to tank a hit and KO the next turn
Mud-Slap - huge distribution and 100% -1 accuracy. the hax is strong with this one.
Nuzzle - priority paralysis for the pikachu clones
Power-up Punch - now better than Mach Punch in every way
Pursuit - now almost guaranteed to damage the target regardless what it does
Rapid Spin - priority spinning

not much else beyond these.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Substitute.

Say hello to the new king of priority. Start off with a Spore, then substitute, and proceed to Power-Up Punch and Bullet Seed to your heart's content. Or, you can just Power-Up Punch straight off the cuff and go for ultimate gains.
Not on my computer at the moment, so if anyone wants to do some calcs for this I'd appreciate it.

EV

Banned deucer.
Pursuit no longer needs Sucker Punch to 50/50 trap. That's big. It's either 40 BP priority or 80 BP and hits on the switch. Frail Psychics and Ghosts are going to be a huge liability.

Thanks a lot for making the thread guys. Special thanks to TI and TEG.

I would love to be part of the council. But since you guys actually run the thread, I'll leave all the decisions to you. But in any meta, a complex ban is never good.

To throw in my two bucks, some trapping moves gain priority. Stall can make use of it effectively since they're not that huge on speed and would love additional passive damage.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Priority Cup",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'prioritycup',
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite']
    },
mods/prioritycup/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    init: function() {
        for (var i in this.data.Movedex) {
            var move = this.data.Movedex[i];
            var basePower = move.basePower;
            var priority = move.priority;
            var category = move.category;
            if (basePower <= 40 && priority === 0 && category !== "Status" && !move.basePowerCallback) {
                this.modData('Movedex', i).priority = 1;
            }
        }
    }
}
Special props to me for being stubborn and using Moves instead of Movedex!

Chuun op O.O seriously though thanks a lot n_n

Now that it's coded and posted here. It's time to start bugging people to implement it in their servers so i can test it out!

If someone seeing this has a server, and wants to implement it there go right ahead and notify me.

True. Moves that already had Priority before this Metagame, will retain their Priority. Besides, What would you do with a +4 Priority anyway?

True. Moves that already had Priority before this Metagame, will retain their Priority. Besides, What would you do with a +4 Priority anyway?
Fake Out before they Protect or Spiky Shield. (Or Detect, but there's no reason to run it)

In a Doubles Meta, Fake Out before they can Quick Guard, 100% of the time.

Also in Doubles, block Wide Guard from happening.

Only really relevantly to Doubles, block Magic Coat and Snatch.

If you could combine it with an -ate Ability (You can't, but if you could) Fake Out King's Shield. Or combine it with Scrappy to Fake Out a King's Shield user, which actually can be done.

Woah. Thanks n_n

Also, now that it's playable, I'm gonna acknowledge everyone's issue and set up a suspect test. The candidates are : 1. Mega Heracross and 2. Skill link itself.

Post your comments on which one you think we should suspect.

If you feel like it's just heracross-mega and not skill link that the meta can't handle nominate it, if you feel like the problem is skill link then nominate that. Also, give some reasoning as to why you think this one should be suspected and the other should not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)