Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

WrestleMania's selling point at the very moment is all "Omg The Rock will be there!". Although the promo was great, my excitement fades. How sad is it that this is most excited people have been in months. The Rock left the WWE because he was bored with it, so he did movies. Where is the focus on "wrestling"?

Well so far WrestleMania is:

WWE Championship
John Cena v. The Miz (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) v. Alberto Del Rio

Well, not really excited, and I'm attending this event too.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, to me, it seems WWE is going a little bit Attitude..

The Rock came back, and now both The Undertaker and Triple H on RAW. Wrestlemania could be taking some oldskool routes along with the newbie main eventers.

I'm expecting Triple H to challenge The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak, because his DX partner failed..

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My prediction for the next 13 months @ HHH

Challenges Taker at Wrestlemania, loses.

Has a one night only match with Shawn Micheals giving cause for him to emulate Micheals.

Challenges the Undertaker who by this point has the title to try to end the streak, loses, both retire, Taker at 20-0.

Sting and Jeff Hardy at Victory Road.

HEH

Jeff was probably stoned, Sting won it in about twenty seconds after one Scorpion Deathdrop, Hardy attempted to kick out at two but Sting wouldn't let him, gave Hardy an angry glare after the match, and said "I agree, I agree" in response to the crowd chanting "BULLSHIT"

Either Hardy's in trouble or TNA's doing its best "WCW worked shoot" impression again.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Interested in all of the results except one, WWE accidentally let slip that the Miz was going to win (or at least win the title back) by promoting a May Canadian show involving John Cena's attempt to win the WWE Championship. /fail

Wrestlemania kind of sucked, if I'm honest.
It has sucked for quite some time. This one wasnt as bad as 23 or 24. 25 was obviously the worst of all time.

Right from the beginning they ruined everything by putting the World title match first. And then they pretty much shit on Del Rio who should have won. The match was pretty good though.

Rhodes-Mysterio was very good even though I had no interest in it.

8 man tag was a joke, was not suprised since wwe ends matches like that all the time.

Orton-Punk was pretty good.

Cole-Lawler was awful should have given Lawler the win.

Taker-HHH Best match of the night obviously

6 person tag. Complete joke. Morrison and Ziggler are the best wrestlers in wwe and they werent even in the match.

Miz-Cena Wasnt suprised at how bad it was considering that Miz and Cena are awful but the ending was a joke.

Probably the worst part of it all was that the took off the U.S chamionship match, which would have been one of the better matches.

It has sucked for quite some time. This one wasnt as bad as 23 or 24. 25 was obviously the worst of all time.

How the hell was 24 a bad Mania? 23 is understandable but not horrendous. 25 was saved by Taker and Shawn. If you think 25 is the worst of all time you have NEVER seen WrestleMania 9 or WrestleMania 11. Back on topic, 27 wasn't "bad" but it wasn't exactly "great" either. I did it see it live though.

How the hell was 24 a bad Mania? 23 is understandable but not horrendous. 25 was saved by Taker and Shawn. If you think 25 is the worst of all time you have NEVER seen WrestleMania 9 or WrestleMania 11. Back on topic, 27 wasn't "bad" but it wasn't exactly "great" either. I did it see it live though.
The only good matches from 23 were Flair-HBK and Taker-Edge. Cena-HHH-Orton was really disappointing and Big Show-Mayweather I didnt even care about. So idk.

I never saw 9 or 11. I didnt grow up during that era. I have watched some old Wrestlemanias and they werent that great, but thats how wrestling was back then.

The thing about 25 is that it was of course the 25th anniversary so there was bigger expectations for it. Taker-HBK was amazing, but I'm sorry one match does not save a Wrestemania, maybe a regular ppv. All the other 7 matches in 25 were really bad.

That is fine and all, too bad 23 did not feature any of those matches...
I meant 24. You should have knew what I was talking about anyways since I quoted your message lol.

Sin Cara is amazing. Hopefully wwe actually does something with him unlike Ultimo Dragon.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
...or Juventud.

'Mania was pretty bleh. Would have been okay for a regular PPV but 'Mania should hold itself to higher standards. HHH/Taker was a bit of a slugfest at times but it was still a great match and it's testament to that fact that, when HHH hit the Tombstone, I thought for a second that he was actually going to end the streak (even though before the match I knew there wasn't a chance in hell). And again when he raised up the sledgehammer whilst in the Hell's Gate.

No other match really caught my fancy...Orton/Punk and Rey/Rhodes were okay. I remember last year that Cena was crushing the Miz in squash matches so it's a bit of a joke for them to try and sell it to us as a Wrestlemania main event but bleh. Would much rather they split the mixed tag down into two seperate matches of Morrison vs Ziggler and Trish vs McCool, with Layla just looking good outside the ring and Snooki hundreds of miles away ideally.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand the Wrestlemania 27 hate personally, after watching it 3 times trying to understand why people hate it I still think its a better show than the past 2 Wrestlemanias.

Also Mercy I don't know why I pay attention to anything you say when you say Wrestlemania 25 is the worst Wrestlemania of all time but maybe you should watch all the Wrestlemanias before you judge which is the worst!

Anyway Cena vs Rock for Wrestlemania 28 and Taker vs HHH III all but confirmed already has me pumped for next year even though its 350+ days away...

I don't understand the Wrestlemania 27 hate personally, after watching it 3 times trying to understand why people hate it I still think its a better show than the past 2 Wrestlemanias.

Also Mercy I don't know why I pay attention to anything you say when you say Wrestlemania 25 is the worst Wrestlemania of all time but maybe you should watch all the Wrestlemanias before you judge which is the worst!
Maybe because I didnt grow up during the 80s so I couldnt give a good perspective on those Manias... Ive only watched wrestling since the attitude era.

27 was bad because it was pretty much a 3 hour Raw. 2 of the matches lasted 4 minutes in total. One of the main events opened the show. And Sheamus/Bryan got taken off even though it would have been one of the best matches.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
anybody else really enjoy Angles pettiniess at lockdown when he used the Cutter move in answer to Orton using the Angle Slam at 'Mania lol

but yeah, Kurt Angle is the best performer of this or any other generation. i seriously thought he broke his fucking neck here but he just springs back up and does a top rope suplex and THEN, without so much as a seconds hesitation does a goddamn moonsault from the top of the cage.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
What do you guys think about the recent Draft?
IMO it sucks that Orton has been drafted to Smackdown :(
Stupid Cena why can't you leave Raw instead of Orton!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)