XY UU Project Mayhem (peaked 43)

Hey guys, I’ve never done a Rate My Team so I figured why the hell not. I use a lot of different playstyles, but I think stall and bulky offense is pretty boring in this meta. This is a smash pass team I made; I only got to play with it for two days, because baton pass got fucking nerfed right after I built this. It revolves around bulky weakness policy baton pass mew, which is pretty cool, and while it relies on surprise to some extent, but it’s not like many neutral attacks hit it hard enough to prevent it from passing. I’ve had a good bit of success with the team, but I only got a chance to ladder with the final team for ten games. The alt I tested on did hit 43 on the ladder so I guess that isn't bad. I don’t have stealth rocks on this, and while it would be nice to break sashes and sturdy, I think it gives up too much momentum for this team. I usually lead with mew so I can taunt bulky rocks setters and hopefully get activate weakness policy on u-turns.​

b8d (Mew) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 56 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass

Weakness Policy Mew is the focal point of this team. It usually best in the lead position, because it's really common for a lead to have u-turn, letting me get a WP boost for free. The EV’s are here to to avoid OHKOs from things such as scarf hera, specs hydreigon and lo chandy (see calcs below), and 76 EVs in speed allows me to outspeed Scarf Mienshao at +2. 0 attack EVs limits the amount of damage i take from hitting myself in confusion and foul play, something that should be done for anything that does not use its attack stat. The moves are pretty self-explanatory; Rock Polish, boost if neccessary and Baton Pass to something dangerous, while taunt disrupts phasers that don’t have dragon tail or circle throw. NP is better for setting up on defensive threats, while WP can give me a boost against something that would normally beat Mew 1v1. This is shut-down by a few things though, particularly fast taunt users, encore whimsicott, things that can ohko and scarfers faster than base 105.

Calcs:
252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Mew: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Mew: 320-377 (79.2 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Mew: 326-386 (80.6 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Mew: 236-282 (58.4 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Mew: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Mew: 283-335 (70 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Mew: 288-338 (71.2 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Mew: 312-369 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Galvantula Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Mew: 206-246 (50.9 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Mew: 203-239 (50.2 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>not clamperl (Gorebyss) @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 32 SpD / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Baton Pass

Gorebyss is a very viable pokemon in UU despite being right under Claydol in usage. It's better used late game after Mew has let something open holes for a sweep. Gorebyss has great natural bulk and can boost on basically anything, the EVs give it the greatest all-around bulk while allowing me to outspeed things that creep on base 123 when I’m at +2, and giving me a guarenteed 2HKO on 0 HP Froslass. Shell Smash and Baton Pass are the basis of the set, while sub can ensure that I bring in something status free as well and just easing prediction in general. Scald allows me to hit phazers, and prevents me from being complete taunt bait.

blazer (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Sp
Rash Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Mixed Hydreigon makes a great recipient because of its unparalleled offensive presence on top of great typing and natural bulk. The only thing that can potentially wall this after a boost would be physically defensive Aromatisse or some substandard garbage like SpDef Milotic. The EVs are straightforward, I run Rash, because the extra speed is not necessary at +2. I chose a nature that lowers special defense so Hydreigon can take priority attacks better. You can run 172 attack EVs to get a guaranteed OHKO on physically defensive Aromatisse, but I do not think its worth it, because it can be played around and it's not common on the ladder. As for the moves, I use Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor, because sweeping is harder after dropping your special attack. Dark Pulse is Hydreigon’s other Stab option, allowing it to hit everything neutrally except fairies and steel/fighting types. Superpower stops blissey from walling this set, and also hits cobalion and lucario, while Iron Tail hits fairies.

from ikea (Chandelure) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

SubCM Chandelure is the main win condition on this team usually. It can 6-0 most stall teams and really flourishes in this Blissey and Florges meta. While other sweepers have to worry about residual damage, priority and status, Chandelure can avoid all of this thanks in part to its unique typing, leftovers and substitute. Infiltrator is important because I can beat p2 1v1 and hit through subseeders, which give this team trouble, especially Whimsicott. I run Timid to beat outspeed adamant Lucario. Substitute is key for dodging status and sucker punches, giving it time to set up with Calm Mind. I run Fire Blast over Flamethrower, because I’m not a pussy, and Shadow Ball to round of dual stab.

nidoking uu (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Nidoking, like Hydreigon, can basically OHKO the meta at +2. It’s immune to toxic and thunder wave, and doesn’t take life orb recoil allowing it to avoid being worn down. I’m running a Rash nature for max damage, and I still outspeed every scarfer slower than base 115 at +2. Nido checks Galvantula which kind of gives this team problems, and also gives me a fighting resistance that isn't weak to knock off.

Sui-kun (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest

Suicue is the glue of the team; it's not usually the recipient of boosts, but more of a bulky pivot for things like Sableye, Tornadus-T, Mega Aerodactyl, Crobat and just about anything really. Roar over Sleep Talk lets me beat other Suicunes 1v1, which would otherwise be a big threat to this team.

Threat List:
Fast Taunt: Sableye, Azelf, Tornadus-T, Crobat

Sableye is a huge pain in the ass for this team, because it shuts down Mew completely and can prevent Gorebyss from passing once. Other taunt users are just a bit annoying since I can can still pass after I boost speed. Suicune handles all of these pretty well.

Fast Encore: Whimsicott

Whimsicott is a nightmare for this team, but it's pretty niche in UU so it's nothing I am willing to make big changes for. Chandelure can threaten it out, but it basically means I can't pass.

Sash: Alakazam, Froslass, Galvantula, Azelf

Sash Zam is the only really threatening sash user, if I can set up a sub or a CM or two with Chandy for little health it can take a shadow ball, otherwise I have to pass to cune or let the thing I pass to die. Froslass is a huge threat for this team, I always lead with Gorebyss when I see one, so I can hopefully bait a taunt as I 2HKO it. Galv is pretty annoying though, because of web. I can usually bait it to bug buzz on Mew and get off a pass early game.

Sturdy: Donphan, Aggron

Donphan is a pretty big problem for my team, because it OHKO Nido and Chandy and Hydreigon doesn't like taking two ice shards. Mega Aggron can keep Sturdy before it mega evos and phaze something out; it's still pretty easy to play around though.

Ditto

Ditto isn't common, but I absolutely need to be behind a sub if I want to pass, unless I'm passing to cune.

If you want to see replays just search for them on PS under the name TeachMeHowToDoki or Le Sekret Kekker. Here are a few games against people that aren't low ladder trash.

Hopefully they baton pass nerf will be lifted from lower tiers, because it's completely irrelevant so this team is legal again ;_; Hope you like the team, feel free to post any feedback, or try it for yourself. If you have any ideas on how this could be changed to be legal, please tell. It was a fun two days I guess.

Shoutouts:
Todd - stay patriotic bud :^)
Bleve - (BAN ME PLEASE) weab who isn't even good at pokemon
Gobo - country music sucks and korra a shit mate
Senpai - invinted the burd core
Bouff - Bouff: Bouff
Lochie - http://snag.gy/bnoQ1.jpg ;)
ZvZ - based lord coming thru with the ban hammer
Gaycee - mfw clits will come through next tourney imo
Pif - fukn asian commie, probably one of the stronger shitposters though
Kink UU - we've had a arguments but i still still luv u bae
boTTT - pretty chill dude, he always there to give me usage stats
all the other (BAN ME PLEASE) in the UU room who's names I didn't find significant enough to mention :^)

stay salty nerds

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Weakness Policy can be used in such badass ways. With Quickpass and Smashpass the only BP allowed in UU now I like the mew set and your choice of other mons. Now that Gorebyas is illegal because only 1 Baton Pass user, maybe a Megadactyl can help you as a pivot like suicune. It outspeeds and koes sashzam, which you noted you struggled with, and a bulky spread can avoid the 2hko and recover later with roost or get a fast Defog in to get rid of sticky web and other hazards impending on your sweep, like after the WP sweeper has punched holes in the opponents team and is stopped short of a full sweep. Really like the team, very original.

I like the team seems deceptively powerful and is fairly solid

Gorebyess obviously needs to be dropped and while Mega Aero is a sound choice I think mixed Lucario would just adore receiving boosts from Mew :)

I'm curious to see what you decide to use good luck with it!

Nice team latias-kun :3

There's not much I can really suggest, Baton Pass is a strategy that either a)Wins right off the bat or b)Struggles through an entire game and wins basically solely off how solid the opponent's team is. Like other people have suggested (and because I think you're forced to with the recent Baton Pass nerf), you can only run 1 baton passer and that should be Mew mainly due to it's surprise value, better bulk, access to Taunt to stop phasers etc. For Mew, since it's such a shaky passer, I suggest running Substitute over Nasty Plot to avoid Dragon Tails (although rare, can still help out) and also could give one of your receivers a more secure switch in the case you've set up on a weak attacker. As for changing Gorebyss, I suggest using Alakazam over Gorebyss. Alakazam is one of the few Smash Pass receivers who with it's standard set can avoid being revenge killed by Ditto as long as it's Sash is in tact (which is where Substitute is going to help out). It also gives you a better option vs Offense which otherwise poses a pretty huge threat to you, specifically Hydreigon spamming Dark Pulse (obviously Alakazam doesn't directly help this since it's weak to Pulse but in a last mon situation, can prove to be a lifesaver w/ Dazzling Gleam. The only small EV change I would make is taking some SpA out of Chandelure and placing 112 HP to avoid Florges breaking your Sub if you have no boosts. Other than that, cool team Latias n_n (even tho Baton Pass is pretty simple and slightly ghey). You can find the Alakazam set below and yeah, good luck with your team ;o

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)