1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Proposal: disable most links in the chat

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Cathy, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

First of all, it will not avoid the constant spam flow, it will only delay it.

Second of all, people can still IP evade. We constantly ban people for ban and mute evading, and the restrictions we have implemented only delay the spammers.
  2. Mastadi

Mastadi

Maybe have an option that instead of turning all non-whitelisted links into plain text, have a pop up come up asking if you really want to go to that site? I'd personally prefer that to copying and pasting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  3. Megamaw

Megamaw

New proposal. Links off by default, ability to turn it on in settings.
  4. Cathy

Cathy

Further to this thread, external links in the chat now go through an interstitial page. You can view an example here.

Links on the whitelist skip the interstitial page. The whitelist can be viewed here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)