Gen 2 PSA: Glitch Drum on PO

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Due to differences in Stadium and in-cart mechanics, Pokemon Online is going to cease implementing the Glitch Drum in its next update (though it will be fixing the current Ice-types being freeze-able problem, among other more minor fixes). In other words, Belly Drum at <50% will simply fail without the +2 boost after the update. Imo, this creates a significant strategic difference between "classic" GSC (NetBattle) and PO's Stadium-based GSC that warrants notification for the benefit of GSC tournament organizers and participants on this site.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why are the peeps in PO so keen in adopting Stadium mechanics over the cart :/ Thanks for the update, Jorgen!

Honestly, at this rate, I recommend jumping off the Pokemon Online train if you're mainly a player of the older gens. It's fine for the newer gens I suppose, but I can't help but get the feeling that they don't really care about the older gens. It is for this reason that I only stick to Netbattle Supremacy. There, they've actually got the early gens down pretty good. The way things are going, I honestly feel that I will not pick up Pokemon Online for the older gens even if they adopt cart mechanics in the future. I mean, you can tell that they're not really committed to the old gen players. =/

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, I mean, they're pretty much throwing out a good 15-yrs worth of metagame history out the window (esp. RBY).

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
After protest in that same thread, the PO staff seems open to undoing the reversal in code. Whether or not that will actually happen, we'll have to wait to see. Tentatively, I'd still suggest people stick with NBS for their GSC needs in things like SPL and the ongoing old-gen mashup tourney (if not because of the future possibility of losing the Glitch Drum, then for the bug in the current client where Ice-types can be frozen by Ice Beam in GSC).

As for RBY, I can kinda understand their reasoning there. They cite a (perhaps exaggerated, but I'm no dev so I really don't know) difficulty and time cost with adopting all the quirks of the carts, potential for bugginess, etc. With that, Stadium RBY now and cart RBY later is better than no RBY now and both RBYs later, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)