Psycho Shift?

[NAME]
Psycho Shift
[SHORT DESC]
Shifts the user's status effect to the opponent.
[LONG DESC]
If the user has a status effect and the opponent does not, this move shifts the user's status effect to the opponent.

Looks pretty darn good to me. =/

This move is excellent. Losing a status condition and giving it to your opponent? That's pretty spiffy :3 The only counters that I can think of are Guts Pokemon and already status'd ones. It's a good surprise attack, though once you use it, your opponent can expect it coming and switch to a already status'd or Guts'd Pokemon. Or they won't status you ever again.

Discuss?

The only Pokemon that aren't banned and aren't completely terrible that learn Psycho Shift are Togekiss, Honchkrow and Cresselia. All of which have better thing to be doing then shifting status psychotically.

Psycho Shifting sleep while your opponent already has a sleeping Pokemon is also a violation of Sleep Clause, correct?

lol i always use tihs cressy if i'm using sleep talk:

Ice Beam
Psycho Shift
Sleep Talk
Rest

this is so fun. 'yes cressy asleep time to sweep with tar'

'okay why the fuck am i asleep'

Correct me If I'm wrong, but you can, after you've switched in on a T-wave, paralyze Electivire with Psycho Shift and have him not benefit from Motor Drive.

Xatu with the Sychronize ability and Psycho Shift seems pretty cool to use. He comes in on an expected status move and then Sychronize inflicts a first pokemon with the same status and then next turn or when they switch you can use Psycho Shift to get rid of your status and succesfully status another one of your opponents pokemon. It seems pretty cool, statusing 2 of your opponents pokemon without using a status attack.

couldnt you have burn orb and then shift burns to all your opponents non guts phyical sweepers?

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Correct me If I'm wrong, but you can, after you've switched in on a T-wave, paralyze Electivire with Psycho Shift and have him not benefit from Motor Drive.
Yes you can, there's noting stopping it from being paralysed. Electabuzz is immune to electric attacks, not paralysis.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
lol i always use tihs cressy if i'm using sleep talk:

Ice Beam
Psycho Shift
Sleep Talk
Rest

this is so fun. 'yes cressy asleep time to sweep with tar'

'okay why the fuck am i asleep'
Lol I was about to use this set on WiFi a long time ago and I was afraid of Sleep clause breaking.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does that break Sleep Clause? Because if it does, it's all well and good as a surprise way to take Tyranitar out of the picture but you only have a 1/3 chance of doing so, and Cresselia may not get 3 chances for Tyranitar to switch in. Not to mention that after sleeping something you only have a 1/3 chance of selecting a move that will do anything.

If your so desperate to use Psycho Shift then Noctowl does the job brilliantly if not better too.

Noctowl packs Insomnia so its immune to sleep, its actually possible to EV Noctowl so it takes less than 50% damage from Boltbeam from a max special attack Starmie while still having plenty leftover for offense.

Psycho Shift deals with the other 3 status, it also packs Hypnosis on top for extra status control. It gets STAB Air Slash to run off its good special attack and even Roost for healing which is invaluable when you consider the Boltbeam bit I mentioned above.

Since Noctowl doesnt have good offense, He can run;

Noctowl@ Leftovers
Insomnia
252 HP| 200 SP. Def| 56 Def
---------------------------
Psycho Shift
Night Shade/Air Slash
Roost
Hypnosis/Reflect

...Wow, the epitome of a Status Taker. Comes in on Hypnosis, Survives Bolt Beam, Sleep Inducer, Takes Status and Returns them, and heals. Night Shade is good since it has crap offensive Stats, including her lackluster special attack. There are other options, but they aren't as good as the initial set.
Psycho Shift ftw.

I just realized, but isn't Noctowl a reliable Breloom counter? lol

I'm tempted to try that Noctowl moveset on a gimmick team.

Thunderpunch says hello. With +Attack nature and assuming 252 EVs in attack for Breloom and 252 EVs in Defense for Noctowl (neutral nature for Noctowl), Breloom does 63.05% - 74.19% to him.

EDIT: Actually it does 77.72% - 91.34%. This time I put 252 EVs in HP, as both Smogon analysis sets include that and focus on SDef instead of Def.

Not really. If Breloom has a +attack personality and Noctowl has +defense, it will still take 72-85% damage from a focus punch. Assuming Breloom has 252 attack EV and Noctowl has max HP and Def EVs.

Well, even after taking 90% damage, you still OHKO it with Air Slash. Also, when I was fighting with a Banette around, countless people tried to Sleep it even if the Frisk message didn't appaer. That's what happens when you don't know what UU/NUs have in their weird arsenal.

And of course, if it was especially to counter Breloom, you should invest in Def, not Sp. Def...

Alright, forget it, Noctowl sucks. ):

yeah fuck using psycho shift on cresselia lets use it on fucking noctowl! that can't even use it with rest/sleep talk!!

Noctowl is actually pretty beastly if your team has trouble with Status. I used him on shoddy with: Calm- 252 HP/ 252 Def- i did this because I fear BoltBeam. Starmie's T-Bolt/Ice Beam took a little over 25% and Psycho Shifted Paralysis. Fucks up anything with Hypnosis, and cuts HP (Night Shade) on low HP pokes. Roost of Damage, and is a pretty decent poke.

I used to use Cressy with psycho shift but after using it once after rest I was kinda worried of resting and talking again as I might break sleep clause oh well...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)